Black screen on landing EIDW

Hi,

When i try to land on EIDW (Mega airport Dublin), right before the touchdown i get a black screen, and after that it crashes. When i turn off the scenery i can land without this problem. So the problem seems to be the scenery of EIDW. What can i do to solve this problem?

Hi Tom,

I use a dual core processor 3.70 GHz, 4.00 GB RAM memory and my graphics card is a ATI Radeon HD4890 with a core clock of 850 MHz and a memory of 1GB with a clock speed of 3.9Hz. For software i use PMDG 737-800, Ultimat Terrain Europe andFS Global 2008. I don't believe i have Direct X on my system. Maybe that is the problem?

• Deputy Sheriffs

4GB RAM in total is simply not enough. EIDW uses a lot of memory, but in combination with other addons also using lot of memory, like the NGX, UT and FSGlobal, it will lead to what you experienced (called OOM, out of memory)

Solution(s):

- in case you have a 64bit OS add another 4GB to your computer so that FSX can use 4GB alone

- massively lower your settings in FSX

fs2004 "picks up" some memory items during a flight - so it's normal that you have less memory at an arrival airport that at departure.

vor 2 Minuten, Tom A320 sagte:

Because it didn't summed up all the memory usage from departing from somewhere else and flying into EIDW.

you beat me (one more time...) :beatcomputer_s:

• Deputy Sheriffs

In this case you really should add more RAM to your system.

FSX can handle up to 4 GB, but at the moment have to share it with Windows. So it might get something like 3 GB, or maybe even less.

If you add more RAM FSX gets a real chance to get it's own 4 GB not interfered by Windows.

Don't forget to add the "highmemfix" item into your FSX.cfg. Without this, FSX would stay limited to 3 GB max, with it it be able to access 4 GB.

Just google for "highmemfix" for directions on how to enter this to your FSX.

• Deputy Sheriffs
4 hours ago, Tom A320 said:

In this case you really should add more RAM to your system.

FSX can handle up to 4 GB, but at the moment have to share it with Windows. So it might get something like 3 GB, or maybe even less.

If you add more RAM FSX gets a real chance to get it's own 4 GB not interfered by Windows.

Don't forget to add the "highmemfix" item into your FSX.cfg. Without this, FSX would stay limited to 3 GB max, with it it be able to access 4 GB.

Just google for "highmemfix" for directions on how to enter this to your FSX.

He is using FS9. So not sure what to do that FS9 also uses 4GB

Pictured all together, i use a windows 7 64-bit version, FS9, PMDG 737, Ultimate Terrain Europe, FS Global 2008, Active sky Evolution, Ground Enviriment Professional, Rex soft cloudsl, PF3 (ATC) and Trackir 5 when i use the simulator!

Question, when i using a windows 64-bit version, do i have to use the 4 gb-patch ass well? How much GB of RAM needs my system to use the simulator normaly when i use all those addons?

• Deputy Sheriffs

Yes.

The 64bit OS enables you to make use of more than 4 GB of RAM in your machine.

By default a 32bit application is able to address 3 GB of RAM. With some special settings within the executable this can be extended to 4 GB.

FSX has the HIGHMEMFIX switch in it's cfg file to enable this.

For FS9 (and all other 32bit apps) the mentioned patch is able to modify the executable accordingly.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Keep in mind that your Windows also uses quite some memory...

With extending your RAM you will make sure that your simulator will be able to get 4 GB if he needs it (after applying the patch).

Without more RAM it might not be able to get much more than 3 GB.

• Aerosoft
27 minutes ago, marchellodelaglande said:

Okay thanks! So when i using the 4 GB patch, i don't need to upgrade my RAM to 8 GB?

I would for sure take that update. Or if possible go for 16 GB, won't do a thing for the current FSX and P3D but the 64 bit sims are around the corner.

Archived