No Space to Taxi and Weak Hook

bonesvf103

Sometimes if I catch a wire, the Tomcat comes to a stop at the very edge of the deck, so close that there is not enough space for me to turn the nosewheel hard to taxi to the cat.  I fall right into the water.  Does anyone else have this problem?

Also, sometimes when I land and catch a wire, I put the throttles forward as you do in real life but then it seems like the Tomcat breaks free of the wire as if the hook was weak.  I know I trapped because I am in a good part of the deck AND the LSO is saying OK 3.  Does anyone else have this problem?

v6,

boNes

FSX´s hook/wire systems is a little off, meaning it will realease your aircraft as soon as you reach zero speed. AFAIK there is no way to correct that, but you can use your brakes to stay on deck

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎2‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 4:38 PM, bonesvf103 said:

Sometimes if I catch a wire, the Tomcat comes to a stop at the very edge of the deck, so close that there is not enough space for me to turn the nosewheel hard to taxi to the cat.  I fall right into the water.  Does anyone else have this problem?

Also, sometimes when I land and catch a wire, I put the throttles forward as you do in real life but then it seems like the Tomcat breaks free of the wire as if the hook was weak.  I know I trapped because I am in a good part of the deck AND the LSO is saying OK 3.  Does anyone else have this problem?

v6,

boNes

boNes..................If you land at to high of a rate of speed you can snap the wire. if your to close to the end of the boat try shift p for push back after you pick up your hook.

Archived