Aerosoft London Heathrow

deatheater914

Hi, i recently purchased  AEROSOFT - MEGA AIRPORT LONDON HEATHROW XTENDED FSX P3D FSX:SE FS2004  and after I installed it nothing appeared in FSXSE. I looked for the file in my program files and i found it, but when i look for it in FSX i find the default airport. I don't know why this has happened to me even though I have installed Aerosoft Frankfurt without a problem.

Hi,

due to the different installation methods of FSX:Steam there is a possibility that the airport has not been added to your scenery library.

You can do that manually, just like with any freeware scenery.

The files are located in your FSX main folder/Aerosoft.

Please add the TERRAIN folder first and the "normal" airport folder second, so that the airports folder is above the terrains folder in your scenery library.

• Deputy Sheriffs

You are right, this is of course an installer issue. But do you want to

1. wait for an update for an uncertain period of time while not being able to use the purchase you just did?  - or - 
  2. use an easy workaround to overcome this issue and be immediately able to use the purchase you just did?

if you have an FSX-SE only installation (never installed FSX) try install as FSX (not SE).

Dovetail made some strange decisions concerning the location and naming of cfg-files in FSX-SE only and "side by side" installations that just cannot be completely handled by most installers (not only AS)

• Aerosoft
On 2/18/2017 at 1:33 PM, Kaashaas said:

What I would want is a working installer in the first place Tom. Not that difficult to patch on short notice really. ;-)

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Depending on in what order the sims are installed, a correct functioning installer might simply be nearly impossible. As Data63 said, Dovetails did some whacky stuff that causes issues.

Dovetail did soms whacky stuff, but the amount op possible options would still be limited to a few combinations. I'm not a tech-guy obviously, but why is it so hard to detect the set-up of a system and ammend the installer accordingly? (Not being a smart ass by the way, I'm genuinly curious)

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

• 2 months later...

I manually installed the scenery and it worked, but I didn't find a way to disable the normal scenery and that's causing problems with my AI aircraft.

If anyone knows a way to disable the manual scenery that would be very helpful. :D

you do not have to disable the normal/default scenery - it should not give you problems as long as the addon is placed above the default layers in the scenery lib.

Did you also add the "Heathrow terrain" folder to your scenery lib?

12 hours ago, data63 said:

you do not have to disable the normal/default scenery - it should not give you problems as long as the addon is placed above the default layers in the scenery lib.

Did you also add the "Heathrow terrain" folder to your scenery lib?

Yes, I added both files the terrain and the airport.

14 hours ago, data63 said:

could you clarify "problems with my AI aircraft"

The AI aircraft are landing under the runways then disappearing underground, which is why I wanted to delete the default scenery. 

On 5/13/2017 at 6:45 PM, masterhawk said:

Or maybe ORBX EU ENG?

I don't use any mesh addons such as ORBX EU ENG or FS Global.

The only addons I have equipped are the Aerosoft London Heathrow and GSX 

Archived