V1 Vr v2

rogerd

Can you explain your problem a bit better? Are you trying to say that your V speeds are not appearing on the PFD? Have you selected a runway and departure procedure and filled out the take off performance page on the MCDU?

rogerd... The airbus comes with a nice feature that many pilots love. Once you have entered the flight plan including a departure runway, you can go to the PERF page on the left MCDU. The only piece of info you NEED to insert is your takeoff trim and flaps setting. The trim setting can be found in the Airbus X Fuel Planner, and flaps are usually calculated on rwy length, which you understand how much you need after flying the aircraft for a bit.  Your can enter it in this format:  Flaps(1,2,3 or 4)/Trim(0.4UP for example)  Once you insert this, your V speeds and Flex Temp will be populated automatically.

Is that how it works on every airliner too? I've always been curious about that, does the FMC actually calculate it all or do the pilots crank the numbers themselves or does dispatch tell them what numbers they should use?

7 minutes ago, amahran said:

Is that how it works on every airliner too? I've always been curious about that, does the FMC actually calculate it all or do the pilots crank the numbers themselves or does dispatch tell them what numbers they should use?

It is a little dependant on the aircraft you sit in.

Expecially some Boeings indeed provide such calculations, but they are typically not used by pilots because they do not take all factors into account. Let's say you have a failure of your Anti Skid you V1 would become a totally different (lower) value.

Airbusses do not calculate them themselves.

Basically I pilot would not rely on these FMC calculations and only use them when there is really no other resource available (highly unlikely...).

So in short: No, you do not use the values calculated by the FMC, assuming there are some available at all. Which is not the case in many aircraft.

12 hours ago, Emanuel Hagen said:

Airbusses do not calculate them themselves.

Hi,

This what you say above is a bit confusing... Whatsaplane  just described in his post that Airbus calculates all these values (V1, Vr and V2) as soon as the flap settings are entered in Perf page. This is really a nice feature for Airbus because most of the Boeings for example, do not have them and calculations should be made using different criteria.

• Deputy Sheriffs

There is a difference between real world and the Aerosoft Airbusses. The real thing doesn't have any such feature and that's what Emi was referring to. 

In order to get the Aerosoft Airbus V speed calculations working a couple of things need to be done first. Best is to work through the flight preparations in the exact same order as being described in the provided step by step guide (Vol6-StepbyStep EN.pdf, chapter 5.4).

23 hours ago, Tom A320 said:

There is a difference between real world and the Aerosoft Airbusses. The real thing doesn't have any such feature and that's what Emi was referring to. 

In order to get the Aerosoft Airbus V speed calculations working a couple of things need to be done first. Best is to work through the flight preparations in the exact same order as being described in the provided step by step guide (Vol6-StepbyStep EN.pdf, chapter 5.4).

Hi,

I do fully agree that for SIM purposes reading Vol6, which comes with the product is sufficient, no matter that this manual is a bit outdated already. What I have is version 2015 and some of the items (mainly related to flight plan item 5.4.55 on page 44) are not working exactly as they are described, which may create confusions, no matter that this is a common sense. Actually this "common sense" becomes such after hours spent in front of the screen and reading different articles, posts, etc. :)

If we go back to the so called Real World, it seems that speeds V1, Vr and V2 are a bit complex factors depending on many variables like weights, temperature, wind, field elevation, runway slope, if there is ice, water, snow present; if de-rated thrust is being used, etc. The main is the weight and specific features of the aircraft itself, which are provided by the Maker. Based on my discussions with real pilots give me an impression that these values come from the planner based on certain calculations. However they are used for reference only and may be changed in the last moment, even during taxi, due to different factors. Any different opinions would be appreciated for sure.

Spending some times with favorite Uncle Google brought me to following findings, which might be found helpful:

http://www.airbus.com/fileadmin/media_gallery/files/safety_library_items/AirbusSafetyLib_-FLT_OPS-TOFF_DEP_SEQ07.pdf

http://www.cockpitseeker.com/wp-content/uploads/goodies/ac/a320/pdf/Print_Only/PTM with airbus doc/pdf/U0S2SP0-DBL.pdf

• Deputy Sheriffs

Yes of course, the performance calculation in the real world is more complex as it is done by the the Aerosoft bus (as a sort of comfort feature). But that wasn't the question here in this topic. It was about how to get the Aerosoft bus do the calculation, because in order to get that working some important steps need to be done before. And that's why I suggested the step by step guide.

Coming back to the complexity of the performance calculation: there is a free tool available which is of course not what is being used in real world, but gives already more precise numbers as the calculation being done by the Aerosoft bus (as it takes more variables into account):

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/22/2017 at 10:45 AM, Tom A320 said:

Yes of course, the performance calculation in the real world is more complex as it is done by the the Aerosoft bus (as a sort of comfort feature). But that wasn't the question here in this topic. It was about how to get the Aerosoft bus do the calculation, because in order to get that working some important steps need to be done before. And that's why I suggested the step by step guide.

Coming back to the complexity of the performance calculation: there is a free tool available which is of course not what is being used in real world, but gives already more precise numbers as the calculation being done by the Aerosoft bus (as it takes more variables into account):

Thank you for the link Tom. Russians did a good job actually and it helps. The only issue might be that not all participants here can read Russian. Google Translate leads to, gently speaking, funny situations.

Archived