PFPX with Hotfix and Installed Runtimes Frozen and unable to use

I have PFPX and ever since my computer decided to upgrade itself to Win10 I cant use PFPX. I  click on the icon (running as admin) it loads to the main window and I am unable to click anything its basically frozen. I have to use task manager to close the program. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Microsoft runtim libraries like the post told me to do but NEGRES. I also applied the PFPX hotfix. I have tried everything I can think off to fix it. I have the newest version of PFPX installed!

P.S. I have also removed PFPX and TOPCAT completely and reinstalled with NEGRES!

Ash,

• Deputy Sheriffs

Please check if you find any error entries written by PFPX in your windows event log (eventvwr.exe, Windows Logs - Application) and if so post them here.

Tom thanks for the quick reply. I checked the event viewer logs there are no errors for PFPX or around the time I execute it. Is there anything else I can do?

• Deputy Sheriffs

As you said that you have already updated your vc++ packages according to my topic, there is one thing left, I would like to suggest: make sure that you are up to date with the latest Windows updates and also with your graphic board driver. 

Tom,

I reinstalled Win 10 and it appears to be working now thanks again for your help. I wish I had an answer for why it didn't work but I'm so glad to have it back for the PMDG 747. Have a great weekend!

Ash,

• Deputy Sheriffs

Ash,

glad to read it's up and running again. So it was some strange thing in your Windows installation as I suspected. 

Happy flights and plannings ;) 

• Deputy Sheriffs

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

Archived