Just Updated to 1.28 and I hate the new callsign system: How do I disable it?

I am trying to make a Qantas flight. However, whenever I enter the IATA code for Qantas (QF) it replaces it with the Eastern Australian Airlines Callsign. Turns out the reason for this is because the two share an IATA code. Now, can I ask what was wrong with the old system where I could enter whatever flight number or callsign I wanted, with no issues? If I wanted to give a flight a flight number for United Airlines and a callsign for Iran Air, to my knowledge nothing would stop me. I tried looking in the forum but found nothing. Is there a way to disable this system? Or at least for a workaround delete IATA codes from certain carriers? If my voice could be heard, I personally think it would be best to go back to the old system...

Dear "Speedbird ATC",

The only way that you are using the IATA Code QF for Quantas only is, to delete the Eastern Austrlian Airlines line in the airlines.txt in PFPX Data.

I am personally thinking, that the system like it is, is making and simulating this quite good.

Once you have chosen the IATA and ICAO you want, it keeps it and remains there. Thats what i experienced till now.

With all due respect, I do not understand how a system that forces me to have to delete another airlines ICAO code from a text file, is superior to a system that allowed me to enter whatever I wanted. Personally, I feel this new system is over complex, and creates unnecessary restrictions and complications with planning a flight. Hopefully, Aerosoft can provide an option to disable this new option 

Archived