Remove *BDRY points from navlog

Hey all!

After looking around in the forums and messing around with my OPF format I cannot find a way to remove the *BDRY points from my navlog. I love PFPX and everything, but these are the absolute worst. They take up way too much space on my navlog are quite pointless when flying around the US.

Let me know if you have any ideas or suggestions!

Cheers!

Dear "ThatGuyDan96"

I searched the FPL template guide and the whole system, but i think its not possible to get rid of them, as they are generated on computing the flight and new code is behind those in the OFP template.

As it just shows the FIR boundary crossings, might just give you an an idea for planning, in regards of actual fuel usage and planned and the same with time AOT and planned EOT.

Thats the only thing i can think off.

My 2 cents

Greetings

Hello,

To Dan 96: you are quite right regarding the OFP, the FIR BDRY points are no use but it does not appear possible (for us anyway) to remove them. We can remove the name of the FIR but we cannot get rid of the *BDRY.

To Marco: It does not help for the enroute check for fuel or time as these crossings, when not at a WP, are immaterial points.

On the other hand in some places where  ATC does not have radar you could be asked to report at the boundary and then it is quite useful.

In Europe or in the States there are useless and sometimes you have a reporting WP just 1 Nm from the BDRY (see enclosed).

Regards,

JP

Please login to display this image.

Please login to display this image.

I forgot to mention that of course there are compulsory on the ATC FPL

Thanks for the replies guys, I appreciate it. I just want them gone, I finally have a perfect SWA format but the only way to truly have it 100% legit is to remove those points from the navlog.

I hope they make it an option soon. I like the feature, I just do not like being forced to use it. 

• 2 weeks later...

+1

Hello guys,

I hope so as well. It would be nice to have an option similar to "NavLogAbbreviated" which also omits *BDRYs.

I use the "NavLogShort" to plot the progress of my flight but also added a separate waypoint list to my OFP which shows all "real" waypoints - a least I want it to show no phantom waypoints.

Regards

Falk

Archived