PFPX fuel planning

Philippe,

RCF is "reduced contingency fuel" - as ex dispatcher you should know ;-) I am dispatcher and using it a lot.

"amit24075844" - would be nice, if you sign your post with your real name.

Try setting up a fuel policy with reduced contingency fuel, eg. iso 5% - 3% PCT (percentage of trip fuel), etc...

Hi PHilippe,

i know that there are some differences between TC and FAA (where i got my license from) and the European CAA.

During my training, we also just talked about the possibility of reducing the Cont fuel, but never used it. Here in Europe we use it alot, as sometimes it helps in planning and operation. Especially for business jets on longer range flights.

Its always tricky to reduce something which is needed by law, but you know europe is different :-)

We also dont have a shared responsibility as in the U.S.

But for PFPX - the operator i plan and simulate, they have 5 different setups for the contingency fuel. Depending on aircraft type and routing.

Greetings

In Canada we have (had) too the shared responsibility. i never released a flight without CF even if for some flights within Caribbean and Mexico we were authorized ......

i know some operators used 3% under JAR but needed a alternate airport within their limits.

i know too that BAW and DLH used their own systems for CF but i imagine that the regulator approved it before the go with a trial.

Archived