Twin Otter Crashes FSX

finforfun

Hello everyone!

I put in a ticket to Aerosoft Help Desk, but have not had a reply as yet.What a beautiful looking plane, BUT! FSX starts smoothly enough and views pan,

and switch effortlessly. However very soon views become jerky, views switch without any input from me, then they jump all over the place to views away from the airfield.

Eventually FSX freezes, I can't shut it down with the task manager, because the whole screen has frozen. I have to shut the PC off at the wall  I'm running Win 7 Professional

and have FSX installed away from the program files. Advice greatly welcomed.

Fin Fraser

• 3 months later...

My ticket was under paolog@frontier.com. I did the reinstall, all that stuff and nothing worked.  Looks like I'll just take a loss here and use the X Plane Twin Otter. Said it was my computer that's the problem. Tried many things for days and it does the same thing every time. 

• Aerosoft

Well I did find that ticket, but I believe that you got correct assistance. 

This is a product that is sold tens of thousand times and we are pretty sure that the files are correct. So it works on tens of thousands of systems but not on yours. I think it is safe to assume that the reason is then your system. Something we have no control over.

Since I have had other good add ons from you I am sure it is my system and cant blame you. If I buy the steam edition and try it on there as a second copy of FS, do you think that will work?

On 04/05/2017 at 3:38 AM, paolog300 said:

Looks like I'll just take a loss here and use the X Plane Twin Otter

I would persist with the Aerosoft Twin Otter - the X-Plane one is tripe. Have you considered re-installing Windows? I know it's a pain but it can cure a multitude of ills.

Mark thank you I actually just bought a steam edition as a fresh copy and use that for the Twin Otter and multiplayer. Appreciate the help. And for Mathijs I apologize for blaming you guys. It was my fault and I will go make sure to write a good review as the add on is very nice to fly!

Archived