Connected Flight Deck Connection Error

a987886543

I have spent an entire week with roommate trying to connect to CFD with each other, but, No matter what we try we have the slave get a "Connection Error" and the master always has "no connection." .

- Both read OVPA many times

- Both are connected to the same router (wireless)

Static IP set on both PC

Both running PREPAR3D V3.0 and AS 1.31 A320

- Both running WIN10

- We enter each other's Internal IP in the configurator because we are use same router

I am beginning to believe that the connection is impossible.Please help if you have any idea.

Thank you.

Okay, good to know you're using Internal IP addresses!

The problem likely resides on the Slave computer, though from what you've reported it's still possible it can be the other way around - or, though even less likely, it could be different things on different computers

Let's first get/verify a few things on both computers.  Please follow steps 2 through 6 from the post below.

After that, we'll need to ensure that communications are allowed through the software firewall on each computer.  You'll need allow FSX to use ports 6881 and 6882 over the UDP Protocol.

You guys should be up and running after doing both of the above.

Please let me know how you make out.

Best wishes!

2 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Okay, good to know you're using Internal IP addresses!

The problem likely resides on the Slave computer, though from what you've reported it's still possible it can be the other way around - or, though even less likely, it could be different things on different computers

Let's first get/verify a few things on both computers.  Please follow steps 2 through 6 from the post below.

After that, we'll need to ensure that communications are allowed through the software firewall on each computer.  You'll need allow FSX to use ports 6881 and 6882 over the UDP Protocol.

You guys should be up and running after doing both of the above.

Please let me know how you make out.

Best wishes!

still the same error

Okay, it's likely one or two things. 

1. Just to verify, both your computers are physically (CAT5 Cable) connected to the same router?

2. If the answer to #2 is Yes, then please check to see if you have Ports 6881 ad 6882 Forwarded to one of  your internal IP addresses.  If so, remove this port forwarding as with some Routers this can interfere with sending/receiving data. You don't require port forwarding since you are both on the same network - but confirm that please, that both  your computers are connected to the same router?

3. If you guys are connected via wireless to the same router, please see the section of the OVPA Guide on WIreless connections and the problems they can caused.  I'm not sure what your living arrangements are (Dorm, house, etc.) but location is everything where wireless connections are concerned - not just signal strength, put latency which is equally and sometimes more important than signal strength.

4. If none of the above resolve matters, and if you've gone through and followed the OVPA Guides (and not skipped anything - did everything recommended and you're 100% confident of that), and based on the information you have provided, I'd guess that one of you (likely the Slave computer) had a previous Antivirus installed and there some parts of that software remaining (not removed by the uninstall process) and they interfering with the connection between your computers.  I wrote about this in the OVPA Guide and how to resolve this.

20 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Okay, it's likely one or two things. 

1. Just to verify, both your computers are physically (CAT5 Cable) connected to the same router?

2. If the answer to #2 is Yes, then please check to see if you have Ports 6881 ad 6882 Forwarded to one of  your internal IP addresses.  If so, remove this port forwarding as with some Routers this can interfere with sending/receiving data. You don't require port forwarding since you are both on the same network - but confirm that please, that both  your computers are connected to the same router?

3. If you guys are connected via wireless to the same router, please see the section of the OVPA Guide on WIreless connections and the problems they can caused.  I'm not sure what your living arrangements are (Dorm, house, etc.) but location is everything where wireless connections are concerned - not just signal strength, put latency which is equally and sometimes more important than signal strength.

4. If none of the above resolve matters, and if you've gone through and followed the OVPA Guides (and not skipped anything - did everything recommended and you're 100% confident of that), and based on the information you have provided, I'd guess that one of you (likely the Slave computer) had a previous Antivirus installed and there some parts of that software remaining (not removed by the uninstall process) and they interfering with the connection between your computers.  I wrote about this in the OVPA Guide and how to resolve this.

Still the same error :<

We use wireless connection.

We have removed port forwarding. (6881 and 6882)

We have not installed any anti-virus software before.

1. Are you both connected to the same router?

2. If you're both connected to the same router, what is the physical position of the computers relative to router?

3. What is the signal strength from the router to both computers?  Please take a screen shot and provide here.

4. What is the ping (ms) between both computers?  Please take a screen shot and provide here.

5. Is it possible for you both to try a cable connection to the router?

54 minutes ago, DaveCT2003 said:

1. Are you both connected to the same router?

2. If you're both connected to the same router, what is the physical position of the computers relative to router?

3. What is the signal strength from the router to both computers?  Please take a screen shot and provide here.

4. What is the ping (ms) between both computers?  Please take a screen shot and provide here.

5. Is it possible for you both to try a cable connection to the router?

1. Yes

2. both PCs are placed in the same room, about 10 m away from the router

3. MASTER : 

Please login to display this image.

SLAVE:

4. Master to Slave: 

Slave to Master:

5.Yes, we can buy two cables tomorrow.

After seeing those values, you should be able to get this working via wireless connections.  If you're using a router than is older than 6 years then trying to connect with cables might be a good idea as some less expensive routers back then had problems with wireless to wireless connections.

Let's check again to ensure that Windows Firewall is not running on either computer.  If it is then please disable it and try to connect to Connected Flight Deck.

When you installed the Airbus, you had to ensure that Windows Defender was disabled prior to running the installer "As Admin".  It's also a good idea to have User Account Control at the lowest setting.  If you didn't do these things, you might not have a good installation for the Airbus.  I know I've mentioned this a few times, but it's something we see a lot despite assurances all computer security is disabled. So please forgive me for asking again.

On 2017/1/31 at 1:24 AM, DaveCT2003 said:

I haven't heard back from you guys... are you up and running?

we tried all the ways you said but still get the same erorr and we think the router itself has a problem...so... we gave up.

If you really think you have a problem with your router, then I have some software under test that will bypass the router.  PM me your email address, and I'll schedule a time for you guys to test it.

On 2017/2/5 at 3:12 AM, DaveCT2003 said:

If you really think you have a problem with your router, then I have some software under test that will bypass the router.  PM me your email address, and I'll schedule a time for you guys to test it.

no , thank you anyway

Archived