Runways Missing From GPS List For Mega Airport Helsinki X

Aharon

Shalom and greetings the technical support,

When flying from EFIV to Aerosoft Mega Airport Helsinki X, the winds are 270 12 kt. So I opened FSX default GPS to select runway for approach and landing. To my surprise, the list showed only 04R, 04L, and 33 runways.  Is this correct or is the GPS list for EFHK supposed to show 22L, 22R, and 15 too that are not on the list?

I am using FSX Deluxe SP1 and SP2 set in Windows 10 operating system.

Thanks,

Aharon

• Deputy Sheriffs

Aharon, forget about that built-in stuff of FSX. FSX's GPS simply relies on over 10 years old data and can't see data from installed addons.

• Developer
vor 2 Stunden , mopperle sagte:

Aharon, forget about that built-in stuff of FSX. FSX's GPS simply relies on over 10 years old data and can't see data from installed addons.

Hi Otto,

in the most cases, your statement is correct. The Nav Instruments and Waypoints in the default Scenery Data of the FSX based on the situation of the FS release (2005/2006), as long as the user don't use available Updates for that, like you find here: http://www.aero.sors.fr/

The Airport related Data, like runway and there Instruments (ILS, GP, Makers) are part of the AFCAD provided with the Scenery Addon. As long as the developers take care to keep them actual, they should be at the state of the Addon release.

The problem is, that the most Addon Afcads don't include the related approaches for the runways. In this case, the FS makes a "fall back" to the Approaches of the default Afcad, which may not fit anymore to the runways (like new runways added or runway numbers has changed).

In case of Mega Airport Helisinki, the Afcad has Approaches included, but this are limited to the Runways here seen in the GPS, the rest is missing.

Attached you find a Afcad, where I remove the "limited" Approaches from the Afcad, so that the defaults are now displayed in the GPS, for all runways. But, as said before, they are based on the "outdated" state of the defaults, but maybe better then nothing.

Replace the File in the zip with the original in the Mega Airport Helsinki Scenery folder (backup the original one before). Use on you own risk, no offical supported file.

EFHK_ADEX_AF without Approaches.zip

Thanks Mopperle and OPabst for kind answers.

Mopperle,  I cannot forget about GPS because I am very dependable on GPS for flying.  I do not do FMS stuff.  And the problem is that I really need runways 22L and 22R because what would I say or explain if Vatsim controllers order me to approach 22L for landing.   I cannot say to Vatsim controllers "Negative to 22L  Aerosoft Helsinki X does not include 22L in GPS."

OPabst,  thanks for your kindness creating a special file to include all runways for Aerosoft EFHK.  Since I am not programming genius or whiz, am I correct to assume that the file goes to scenery folder of Helsinki X folder? My apologies to you if you think it is stupid question but hey unlike you, I am not programming whiz or programming genuis.

Regards,

Aharon

• 2 weeks later...

Archived