MACH LEV

bonesvf103

When I follow the shift 2 checklist and turn the master test to Mach Lev the engines spool up and the plane wants to roll.  I hit the brakes to stop it, but there is no step in the checklist to take it out of mach lev and so I end up holding the brakes all the way through until take off with 83% spooled up engines.  Is this correct?  I've been disobeying the checklist to turn off the mach lev to get it to spool down, but didn't know if that's correct.  What's the point of mach lev anyway?  What does it mean?

v6,

boNes

Mach Lev is short for Mach Leveler; in the real plane its a means of engine / inlet control... Basically what it does is it provides fuel topping control (limits RPM by way of fuel flow; basically the only way you can control RPM on a jet engine) in order to RPM limit the engine (prevent over-speed) at high mach numbers; and at low speed it governs the bottom engine RPM in order to prevent turbulent airflow or as the NATOPS manual calls it "idle buzz" from the intake... So think of it as an ECU... As for the Mach Lev causing throttle stick; I have noticed an issue with that.. Usually happens after I try to slew the aircraft I will notice that even if I had the thrust levers shut off before they will go to approximately mid way physically and stick... guessing it is a glitch...

Please login to display this image.

OK, thanks.  So the stick is probably a glitch.  As for spooling up when turning on mach lev, I think I remember reading somewhere that it's supposed to ramp up, I guess for a test.  But the checklist has no step for turning mach lev test off, so it's left on, with the engines spooled to 84%...which seems odd.  So maybe it's a glitch in the sense also that the step to turn off that test was missing from the checklist?

v6,

boNes

After you get a green GO, push the rotating switch down to stop the test. In my set up, previous versions the throttles went back to idle, lately for some reason they stick, so I have to manually move them. Parking brake should be on for all checks and is good enough to hold the jet.

8 hours ago, Victory103 said:

After you get a green GO, push the rotating switch down to stop the test. In my set up, previous versions the throttles went back to idle, lately for some reason they stick, so I have to manually move them. Parking brake should be on for all checks and is good enough to hold the jet.

Not for me. Whether the parking brake is on or not my plane starts rolling and the throttles stick no matter what I do and brakes do not stop or slow the jet at all. Turn off the test, my TQ does not have any effect anymore with the in game throttles. I have always wondered if it is because I do not have the real latest download of the game since the owners will not answer our questions about the download that is on the new content page of theirs because my version numbers after installation do not jibe with the stated proper ones or whether the problem lies in the FSUIPC program.

Kind of the same here.  The brake is certainly not enough.  I figure it's a bug of some sort but just deal with it by pushing forward then cutting throttles with my Saitek throttles.

v6,

boNes

Archived