Mathijs Kok

Connected Flight Deck, your input wanted

68 posts in this topic

I've used CFD a couple of times. I think the majority of simmer uses a third party pushback service like gsx. How about partership with fsdreamteam to have gsx visible, sync'd and controlable by both pilots. Shift+P is so 2003. 

Both pilot being able to fly with out any hustle. As in Master - Master/Slave. 

Integration with Ivap and Vpilot. Just select #Using connected flight deck as a Master the copilot Master/Slave. Type in the same callsign and hit connect. 

Reconnect and sync after sim crashes. 

Thank you Aersoft. 

I have never used CFD - but isn't is possible to just one of the pilots/simmers to manage GSX if that's used?

(Again, I haven't used it, so I don't know how it works...)

No, we really focus on the cockpit, not simulating a ground crew member.

Well, you can already synch GSX when flying shared cockpit. Both participants simply have to request the pushback with the same parameters and wait, once it asks both of you to release the parking brake, the PF, who has the master controls, releases the parking brake and it should synch for for both of you beautifully. 

A while ago I had an idea: Would it be possible to model the stick priority button? It really should not be to much work to my knowledge, simply map the ap disconnect button to switch the pic. Technically, we already could take over control from a student with CFD in its current form, just not in a very clean or realistic way.

Very difficult, the logic behind that button is far more complex than you make it seem.

6 hours ago, Speedbird ATC said:

A while ago I had an idea: Would it be possible to model the stick priority button? It really should not be to much work to my knowledge, simply map the ap disconnect button to switch the pic. Technically, we already could take over control from a student with CFD in its current form, just not in a very clean or realistic way.

What would you like to have this button for?

On 8-3-2017 at 11:37 PM, Junerick said:

Integration with Ivap and Vpilot. Just select #Using connected flight deck as a Master the copilot Master/Slave. Type in the same callsign and hit connect. 

Hello Aerosoft. 

None of the above ? 

vor 4 Stunden , Emanuel Hagen sagte:

Maybe simply switch the animation from left to right stick and vice versa? Or use the stick priority button to swtich from slave to master mode. Just some thoughts.

One thing that came to my mind lately - would it be possible to include a landing rate readout in the 3rd MCDU menu? So far we have to use external programs, which don't really represent the actual landing rate most of the time. Would simply be a nice gimmick.

On 8.3.2017 at 11:37 PM, Junerick said:

I've used CFD a couple of times. I think the majority of simmer uses a third party pushback service like gsx. How about partership with fsdreamteam to have gsx visible, sync'd and controlable by both pilots. Shift+P is so 2003. 

Thank you Aersoft. 

Sorry for missing your post.

GSX integration - we'll consider it, but no promises. At this moment I rather tend to doubt it. Time will tell.

Master - Master/Slave Mode: Do you mean a mode where both pilots can interact with the controls?
This would be prone to issues as flight simulator joysticks are usually not perfect systems and if one stick would send only the slightest control input while the other is flying it could cause severe issues.

Integration with IvAp and vPilot: We agree that this would be a nice feature, however, as much as we encourage flying online, we fully understand not everyone can fly online and therefore prefer to keep it seperated from the network clients.

Reconnect and sync after sim crashes are being evaluated. More info to follow when we are in a later stage of development.

23 minutes ago, CRJ900 said:

Maybe simply switch the animation from left to right stick and vice versa? Or use the stick priority button to swtich from slave to master mode. Just some thoughts.

One thing that came to my mind lately - would it be possible to include a landing rate readout in the 3rd MCDU menu? So far we have to use external programs, which don't really represent the actual landing rate most of the time. Would simply be a nice gimmick.

I like your idea on the priority button, however, why should we use a button that does something compeltly different in the real aircraft for such a function? Woulnd't it be more logical if we used a keyboard combination or a joystickbutton assignment for such a feature?

Could you suggest the landing rate feature in the actual preview topic? Over there the developers will read it much rather than here ;)

Well, I agree. Maybe the sidestick animation should simply be transferred witht he master controls. And wilco on the latter. ;) 

6 hours ago, Junerick said:

Hello Aerosoft. 

None of the above ? 

Probably not. It is incredibly dangerous for us to link too deep to any of these things until they are 100% stable and we get promises the code will stay stable for at least 18 months. As both projects are being worked on that simply won't happen. I also do not see it as important as Connected Flight Deck has in principle nothing to do with online flying.

1 hour ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Connected Flight Deck has in principle nothing to do with online flying.

In "principle" yess. I get that. But wouldnt it be a wet dream for simmers. Maybe something for the 64 bit future. Thank you for the reply. 

3 hours ago, Emanuel Hagen said:

Woulnd't it be more logical if we used a keyboard combination or a joystickbutton assignment for such a feature?

Exactly what I meant, in far better words. 

Just being able to switch controls would be great. One simpilot taking off, the other simpilot landing. That would increase the funfactor by a trillion in my opinion. I just cant tell you guys how to pull this off. Not a coder. Just a simmer. 

I just have a gut feeling you guys can do this. Thanks for being awesome!! 

11 hours ago, Emanuel Hagen said:

Lets say through some miracle, I am in a connected flight deck with our friend Matt Davies. Matt being Matt, screws up. In the real Airbus, the other pilot can take over control by holding the AP disconnect button down for 30 seconds (I think? Maybe I am wrong?) to activate the priority feature. Now, instead of dooming our 250 passengers to Matts (humorous) incompetence (BTW, I love watching him! Hope he takes no offense!) wouldn't it be great if I had a simple realistic way to take over control from my partner? I could always switch from slave to master or vice versa in the right (Or in the A330s case, third) MCDU, but that is not quite realistic. It technically would be realistic to use the priority button for this purpose.

6 hours ago, Emanuel Hagen said:

I like your idea on the priority button, however, why should we use a button that does something compeltly different in the real aircraft for such a function?

Could you suggest the landing rate feature in the actual preview topic? Over there the developers will read it much rather than here ;)

Hang on, that's not what it does? I think I am confused....

Well, the sidestick priority is more of an emergency thing, since this is not how you "take over" the controls normally. A simple "I have control" should be enough for the other pilot to let go of the controls (unless there's some crazy situation and CRM flies out the window). The way it works is, you hold down the red AP/takeover button on the sidestick and after 40s the priority gets latched to your stick, disabling the other stick. The other stick can be reactivated at any time by pressing the red takeover/AP disco button on it (the deactivated one) again. What I was asking in my initial post was simply a clickpot on the sidestick priority warning light to switch between master and slave mode and transfer the sidestick animation in the VC from one stick to another. Would be easier to have it infront of you rather than behind you in the 3rd MCDU, requiring you to look back and down. A hotkey would be even better of course.

2u9kb9k.jpg 

Well that is how I expected it to work. Much like people can choose to disconnect the autopilot on aircraft by pressing the engage button, or moving the disengage bar (both incorrect), people can choose to transfer control with the button as well... (Of course, in the real world there is no need to press anything to transfer control normally, the other pilot simply needs to let go!

If somebody screws up 40 seconds are a seriously LONG time until you finally have control. A quick change between master and slave would be much easier.

I like the idea of a clickspot on the side stick priority warning light for a fast changeover without the need to navigate down to the third MCDU.
I'll forward it for internal discussion with the developers, project advisors, beta testers and project manager.

1 hour ago, Emanuel Hagen said:

I like the idea of a clickspot on the side stick priority warning light for a fast changeover without the need to navigate down to the third MCDU.
I'll forward it for internal discussion with the developers, project advisors, beta testers and project manager.

Super idea!