[FSX] Pisa X: Some issues

Er!k

Hi Aerosoft,

Really like the new Pisa X scenery. However I found some issues:

1. It looks like there are some boat textures missing (using the 1024x1024) in my config:

Please login to display this image.

2. One of the apron signs is mirrored:

3. AFCAD

The AFCAD is really a mess for users using AI traffic. Some issues:

- The runways have taxiway link, no runway links causing AI to disappear

- Because AI does not want to taxi they take a very strange route when taxiing to RWY 04L/04R

- For GSX: pushback directions are not set for every parking

- Double parkings: when using static GA; there are some parkings where Ai can park as well resulting in double aircrafts at 1 parking

- GA parking numbering in the AFCAD is different then the numbering in the scenery (gate 30-36)

I have reworked the AFCAD for optimal AI use; in this case I removed runway 04L/22R; so AI will only use it to taxi to 04R. Maybe this AFCAD can be included as an option for people using AI.

LIRP_ADEP2_ADE.zip

5. It would be nice to see some moving vehicles around the airport. Is it possible to enable default traffic on the highways near the airport?

Hey guys,

On 1/18/2017 at 7:32 PM, Er!k said:

It looks like there are some boat textures missing (using the 1024x1024) in my config:

- These boats actually haven't been painted yet. (Not as in textures - but as in real life-in the sim ; ) By the time I get out the next version though, they will be! And hopefully sold at some time.. 

One of the apron signs is mirrored:

- Fixed in next patch.

AFCAD

The runways have taxiway link, no runway links causing AI to disappear

Because AI does not want to taxi they take a very strange route when taxiing to RWY 04L/04R

- Fixed in next patch. (HIGH ON THE PRIORITY LIST)

For GSX: pushback directions are not set for every parking

- This one is many times up to the user of course, sometimes you want to go left - sometimes right.

But yes, on some parkings only one direction is possible. Fixed in next patch.

Double parkings: when using static GA; there are some parkings where Ai can park as well resulting in double aircrafts at 1 parking

- No excuse for this one. Fixed in next patch.

GA parking numbering in the AFCAD is different then the numbering in the scenery (gate 30-36)

- Fixed in next patch.

A lot of textures (both 1024x1024 and 2048x2048) are not mip mapped. This causes shimmering in the sim

- Hmm, all textures should be mip mapped. Something might have gone wrong here, could you please let me know more about this in PM

It would be nice to see some moving vehicles around the airport. Is it possible to enable default traffic on the highways near the airport?

- Vehicles moving on highways around the airport should be working. Default /or/ if you have an addon that includes roads+traffic for the region.

I have reworked the AFCAD for optimal AI use; in this case I removed runway 04L/22R; so AI will only use it to taxi to 04R. Maybe this AFCAD can be included as an option for people using AI.

- Very well done! This is definitely great as a temporary solution.

We will be doing a complete overhaul of the AFCAD + the other issues mentioned.

The time you've put into this is highly appreciated! Makes it a lot easier to fix these issues fast. No first release can be 100% sadly.. My priority #1 though is to fix these things ASAP. 

Thanks a lot for reporting Er!k, and you'll all be sure to hear about it when 1.01 is out : ) 

/Joakim

Thanks for the detailed feedback Joakim. I have some additional screenshots:

- There is indeed standard road traffic on the highway on the south side of the airport (E80), but it would be nice to have some traffic at the other side as well (Superstrada)

For the textures, if you go to the config folder you see a map with 1024x1024 textures and a folder with 2048x2048 textures. The 1024 are 1,00 MB in size. In case they are mip mapped they should be 1,33 MB:

On ‎19‎.‎01‎.‎2017 at 11:18, Er!k sagte:

5. It would be nice to see some moving vehicles around the airport. Is it possible to enable default traffic on the highways near the airport?

It would be nice to see some moving vehicles around the airport. Is it possible to enable default traffic on the highways near the airport?

- Vehicles moving on highways around the airport should be working. Default /or/ if you have an addon that includes roads+traffic for the region.

But there is a big problem. The default vehicles drive along beside the road not on the road. I find the Photo Scenery is a very little in wrong placement. So default vehicles must run beside.

Regards, Pezi

One last question, would it be possible to have an option available to have the runway lights always on? Landed in Pisa today in very foggy conditions, and the runway lights were off.

2 hours ago, Er!k said:

One last question, would it be possible to have an option available to have the runway lights always on? Landed in Pisa today in very foggy conditions, and the runway lights were off.

Hey Erik,

Cheers. Added this as an 'ON/OFF' option in the config tool :-) Will possibly make it a SODE function at a later time.

Best,

Joakim

EDIT: Btw, the patch will likely release tomorrow (Tuesday)

1 hour ago, Joakim Tychesen | KDM said:

Hey Erik,

Cheers. Added this as an 'ON/OFF' option in the config tool :-) Will possibly make it a SODE function at a later time.

Best,

Joakim

EDIT: Btw, the patch will likely release tomorrow (Tuesday)

Wow! Great service. Many thanks for listening!

4 hours ago, sydney1962 said:

when we will see this update, like manchester lot of promises but no updates until today.

4 hours ago, Er!k said:

Hi Joakim, is there still hope for a release this week?

Everything for the update is finished from our development point of view :-)

It comes down to when the actual update-installer etc. is completed and uploaded to the respective servers. I can't speak on behalf of AS, but I'm pretty certain it will be out this week! (EDIT: Worst case: early next week.)

Cheers,

Joakim

• Aerosoft
19 hours ago, Joakim Tychesen | KDM said:

Everything for the update is finished from our development point of view :-)

It comes down to when the actual update-installer etc. is completed and uploaded to the respective servers. I can't speak on behalf of AS, but I'm pretty certain it will be out this week! (EDIT: Worst case: early next week.)

Cheers,

Joakim

Sorry but for sure it will not be this week. We do need to run some of our own tests on the installers etc and we are a bit low on staff because we got people at an event in Instanbul.

Archived