Manchester X, aircraft acting strange

skysurfer

I know it has been said a lot about issues with Manchester scenery. I was managed to improve elevation issue, at least it looks normal, but I am facing another issue. Every time the aircraft starts moving (push back or taxi) the aircraft acting crazy, it flips over and turning upside down. Pretty much all aircraft. Never seen that before. It doesn't happen at other airports. I am wondering if anyone else had similar issue and if EGCC is a culprit or there is something else. But again, I was unable to replicate this issue at another airports and never seen this before I install EGCC.  

Thx for looking.    

5 hours ago, skysurfer said:

I know it has been said a lot about issues with Manchester scenery. I was managed to improve elevation issue, at least it looks normal, but I am facing another issue. Every time the aircraft starts moving (push back or taxi) the aircraft acting crazy, it flips over and turning upside down. Pretty much all aircraft. Never seen that before. It doesn't happen at other airports. I am wondering if anyone else had similar issue and if EGCC is a culprit or there is something else. But again, I was unable to replicate this issue at another airports and never seen this before I install EGCC.  

Thx for looking.    

Hi,

I've not experienced this issue with either user aircraft of AI aircraft.

It still sounds like an elevation issue to me. Is this just happening with AI traffic, or does it happen with your aircraft as well?

You mentioned that you tried to resolve the elevation issue yourself. Do you have FTX Global or England installed? 

If so, you might need to run the elevation tool which will automatically adjust the elevation of the airport.

All aircraft has this issue. 

No, I do not have England installed. 

Elevation looked abnormal before I excluded EGCC in Vector so elevation looks kind of OK but I was unable to assess it completely bc I cannot move the aircraft, it spins like crazy. I may wait till new fix is issued. 

Thanks for reply. 

That is caused by an elevation issue, one you may not be able to effect (correct/control).  If you remember where ti occurred, and can take a screen shot, I'm sure the dev would like to know about it.

Best wishes!

• Deputy Sheriffs

I have seen this in the past with some aiports from other developers too. addon aircrafts and AI was behaving very strange. Reason were AI flightplans with incompatibel dezimal settings.

2 hours ago, mopperle said:

I have seen this in the past with some aiports from other developers too. addon aircrafts and AI was behaving very strange. Reason were AI flightplans with incompatibel dezimal settings.

I doubt it would be the flightplans that cause this behaviour with AI traffic. Flightplans just tell the aircraft where to go and at what time.

It would be the AFCAD that controls the movement of AI traffic on the ground, as well as the elevation data.

Therefore, it sounds like a mismatch between FTX Vector and this particular add-on scenery. Running the FTX Vector Elevation tool should fix this.

If not, try searching your Orbx folder for 'EGCC' (without quotes) and change any associated files to '.OFF' instead of '.BGL'

It did it again. I just uninstall the scenery. All went back to normal with default EGCC. I will test it again to make sure it that really was the scenery/elevation issue. Also VAS drainage was very noticeable. I think I'd wait for the scenery update. 

Thx for help. 

PS. 

To save another new topic. To update the scenery is it necessary to uninstall the old scenery or new update can be done on top of the old one? I asked Aerosft about it but they still did not answer this question .

• Deputy Sheriffs

Personally I cant see strange acting aircrafts. Tried different situations but could not reproduce it. So I stay with my comment above.

Check your installation for any bgl files with EGCC in its name outside the Manchester installation and disable them by renaming them from .bgl to .off

Regarding the update: it simply depends on how the update looks like: a hotfix where you have to replace only a few file or a major overhaul with a new installer. In the last case it is always best practice to uninstall the old version and do a fresh installation of the new version.

Archived