Able to connect but aircraft won't move

fnak

Edit 1:

p3d 3.4.9.

Not using hamachi

latest simconnect are installed

same airbus version

Edit 2: I just managed to scoop up this thread 

so I'll be trying this. if anyone has any other idea please type them here, if not, please remove the thread 

I sure hope this is the correct place to call for aid. If not, please forgive me, but I am currently typing out of frustration. 

My brother and I got interested in flying shared cockpit on the A320. After having read the guides and followed every step as thoroughly as we could we've ended up being able to connect. Inside the aircraft the displays are correctly synced and we're both able to push buttons and turn knobs how we please. The problem lies with moving the aircraft. I can, being the 'master', advance the throttles and the aircraft starts tugging forwards, however on my brother's monitor the airplane remains completely still. Is this a known issue?

Is someone able to point out a possible cause for this? I would be utmost thankful!

If you've gone through the OVPA CFD Guide carefully, and you're have successul Port Tests (see the OVPA Guide), then it's likely that one or both of you might not have run the Airbus installer "As Admin" or you are missing some of the Microsoft C++ Redistributables.

I'd go to the post below, and complete Steps 2 through 6. The entire process should take about 10 or 15 minutes.  That should have you guys sorted out.

One other thing... be sure that you guys are each running your own copies of the Airbus. If you're trying to use the same copy, then you'll likely have problems like you're experiencing.

Best wishes!

Thank you for your answer and time, Dave.

We did indeed decide to go back and test the port forwarding with the PFPortChecker (we had done this once before, but only on one of our computers  since we're on the same router and thought that the port forwarding would then work for us both). However on a closer look, the test yields positive results for my brother yet negative for me. Is this how it is supposed to be? Also, when forwarding you have to insert an IP, which one should this be? The internal IP for the router or the internal IP for either my brother or me or doesn't it matter? I could not find an answer to this and I feel rather stupid.

Thanks again and sorry

Don't apologize, I'm here to help!

So okay, I guess I didn't understand that you guys were on the same router.  This being the case, you don't need to perform any Port Forwarding on your router, as nothing needs to go outside to the Internet as you're simply using your local (internal) network.

1. Let me ask you, what IP addresses are you entering into the Airbus Configurator?  Please type both of the out for me.

2 Do you guys have Computer Security software installed?  If so, which is it?

As I said above, you don't need to worry about Port Forwarding, but if you do in the future, I'd first use the tester I recommended in the OVPA CFD Guide.

I feel very silly for not understanding. Also, I should have been clearer in my original post.

In the Airbus A320/321 Configurator > Other settings > Your co-pilot IP (IPv4) I have inserted my brothers internal IP adress given to him by the router which is 192.168.0.107. In his configurator he has my internal IP adress which is 192.168.0.109. 

We don't have any computer security software installed.

Also: we have removed the port forwarding now, but now the connected flightdeck won't work at all! It just says connection error. This leaves me very confused considering your post saying that port forwarding sohuldn't matter!

Thank you

UPDATE!!

It works! I followed all your steps and re-did everything regarding the configurator & other settings etc. 

Thank you so very much for your help not to mention incredible patience!

I'm VERY, VERY happy to hear you guys are up flying CFD!

I just pointed out a few things, you guys did all the work - but you're welcome, I'm always happy to help.  By the way, excellent work on your part, and way to hand in there and work the problem! 

So, what's the next step for you guys?

Archived