Manchester Update

I.D.S

28 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Ray I think we all know exactly what your thought are about Nassau. I do not think you got to hijack topics to draw IDS's attention.  The other topics were closed because all that could be said was said. When IDS does an update we'll distribute it and that is just all we can say at this point.

So please do not hijack topics.

Understood Mathijs. Not something I did lightly but out of pure frustration.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello everyone,

those taxisigns seem to be a bigger headache then expected. The placement of those files completly messed up ( converting error ) and we're replacing them at the moment.

That's the only thing on our to-do list and we work on 200% power to fix it.

Thanks for your patience and without saying any estimate, we do not expect a lot more days.

Hello everyone!

VERY good news. We have not only fixed the placement of the taxisigns but a friendly lady ( we assume she works on the airport ) offered us to supply us with information about each taxisign ( what it says and where it's placed ).

We are currently awaiting her informations and you can be sure that we will edit all signs to make the airport experience even more real.

We will send Aerosoft all other updated files today/tomorrow and let them release an update adressing many other things reported by you. The taxisigns will follow as soon as we have the informations.

Another little update :)

We have worked on a new Scenery Manager for our upcoming releases and decided to update the manager for Manchester as well.

This new manager enables you to update the scenery immediately through our servers without the wait until Aerosoft makes new installers.

We thought that this is something important to throw into the current update as we'll provide another hotfix with the taxiways afterwards ( see post above ).

Here's a little image showing you the new Manager.

Please login to display this image.

2 hours ago, I.D.S said:

Another little update :)

We have worked on a new Scenery Manager for our upcoming releases and decided to update the manager for Manchester as well.

This new manager enables you to update the scenery immediately through our servers without the wait until Aerosoft makes new installers.

We thought that this is something important to throw into the current update as we'll provide another hotfix with the taxiways afterwards ( see post above ).

Here's a little image showing you the new Manager.

Please login to display this image.

We can update now?

• Deputy Sheriffs
vor 15 Minuten, Astro_Liam sagte:

We can update now?

I think you have to wait for the next offical Aerosoft Installer. That will include the new Scenery Manager.

vor 12 Stunden , masterhawk sagte:

I think you have to wait for the next offical Aerosoft Installer. That will include the new Scenery Manager.

That's true. As soon as the new manager will be included in the next installer.

• Deputy Sheriffs
9 minutes ago, Eamonn_Jawhary said:

I feel like this is taking far too long

Relax, one day the update will be there. Just fly to some other destination for the time being if the current version is totally unacceptable for you. 

Are IDS aware that taxiway details are available not just for Manchester but for all UK airports? NATS website makes it available to everyone.

http://www.ead.eurocontrol.int/eadbasic/pamslight-3526669132C077EF1436E9BD1551342B/7FE5QZZF3FXUS/EN/Charts/AD/AIRAC/EG_AD_2_EGCC_2-1_en_2016-12-08.pdf

• Deputy Sheriffs
vor 41 Minuten, Ray Proudfoot sagte:

Are IDS aware that taxiway details are available not just for Manchester but for all UK airports? NATS website makes it available to everyone.

http://www.ead.eurocontrol.int/eadbasic/pamslight-3526669132C077EF1436E9BD1551342B/7FE5QZZF3FXUS/EN/Charts/AD/AIRAC/EG_AD_2_EGCC_2-1_en_2016-12-08.pdf

I think IDS will create signs that are 100% realistic in text and design. The pure information is easy, but how is it displayed?

1 hour ago, masterhawk said:

I think IDS will create signs that are 100% realistic in text and design. The pure information is easy, but how is it displayed?

I would have thought taxiway signs would adhere to a standard enforced by NATS so there is consistency at all UK airports.

There's a 32-page Lido aerodrome chart package included in the install; I think we're talking here about the design/placement/etc. of the physical signage, which is AFAIK governed by minimum equipment lists and beyond that, guidelines; there's quite a lot of variation according to the particular issues & requirements at a given facility.

That said, this update does seem to be becoming a bit of a white elephant. Information regarding current status and next steps [from where I'm reading, at least] has become quite confused. Apparently, the update is done (apart from taxi signs), and will be released soon (once Aerosoft have compiled the install). There's a jazzy new updater built in, which could be used for outstanding elements (like signage). But the update won't be released without the outstanding elements... Which are nearly done. Maybe? :unsure:

I think an updated overview of the update's current progress/outstanding issues/planned next steps would be warmly welcomed.

Regards,

Rob.

Archived