Manchester Update

I.D.S

Hello everyone,

we are working on an update which we plan to release pretty soon.

The update adresses things such as the AFCAD and other issues reported by you.

We will keep you updated and work hard on our end to get those things sorted :)

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks I.D.S. -the stuff which is right makes for a very attractive representation of EGCC; hopefully you'll have the creases ironed-out from the rest without too much difficulty.

Best regards,

Rob.

(P.S. I'm holding off another sim rebuild until T2G release their LFPG - maybe you could give them a gentle nudge if you need us all along for testing! :lol: )

Little update:

We are almost done fixing the stuff reported and do some improvements now we found by ourselves. We expect the update by next week! :)

There are things even testers cannot locate just take a look into forums from other developers...

And now back to the topic: The update is nearly done and is expected for next week.

Hello everyone,

we expect the update to be released on friday. We have reached and improvement and are currently doing the last things reported by you.

We hope that this update will fix your issues. If not, let us know! :)

Hello IDS

DID you no that Manchester runway 23L is never used for landing it is always run 23R FOR landing but they do use 23L and 23r for take off

And with the opposite wind 5L and 5R for landing but only use 5L for take off

Can this be put into afcad

How can I stop my a1 from landing on 23L

Thanks

• Developer
vor 24 Minuten, mike baker sagte:

Hello IDS

DID you no that Manchester runway 23L is never used for landing it is always run 23R FOR landing but they do use 23L and 23r for take off

Thanks

This request will never be possible in all available Sim Plattform (MS based).

Even when it could be configured in the Tools (AFX or ADE), the Engine of the Sims will only handle the config of the Base Side of the Runway. This result in the situation, that you can close both directions of the runway for takeoff and/or Landing, but never only one side different from the other.

So, you now must define, which runway, 05L/23R or 05R/23L, you want for Landing and/or Takeoff.

When your definition is correct, the best fitting is, that 05R/23L is only used for takeoff, 05L/23R for both.

In this case, the AI traffic will use 05L/23R for takeoff and 05L/23R for landing, best fit.

The User via FS ATC can request all runways for Takeoff from ATC, but will only get 05L/23R for landing.

27 minutes ago, mike baker said:

Hello IDS

Thanks

You will need to amend the AFCAD to accommodate that. However, due to FSX/P3D limitations, you can't replicate real world operations without having 2 AFCAD BGL files and a program to switch them when required. 

This is because if you set 05R as a landing enabled runway, AI traffic could still use 23L to land as well. The same goes for if you set 23L as a take off enabled runway, AI traffic will see that it can also be used for landing. 

I also read somewhere that AI traffic will always land on the runway furthest from the gates, but not sure if that's entirely true. 

So, the only simple option is to just edit the AFCAD to only use 05L/23R.

Tom

5 minutes ago, OPabst said:

This request will never be possible in all available Sim Plattform (MS based).

Even when it could be configured in the Tools (AFX or ADE), the Engine of the Sims will only handle the config of the Base Side of the Runway. This result in the situation, that you can close both directions of the runway for takeoff and/or Landing, but never only one side different from the other.

So, you now must define, which, runway 05L/23R or 05R/23L you want for Landing and/or Takeoff.

When your definition is correct, the best fitting is, that 05R/23L is only used for takeoff, 05L/23R for both.

In this case, the AI traffic will use 05L/23R for takeoff and 05L/23R for landing, best fit.

The User via FS ATC can request all runways for Takeoff from ATC, but will only get 05L/23R for landing.

You beat me by 30 seconds :P

Although not all the above is entirely true. I've edited many AFCAD's for Manchester in an attempt to replicate real world operations as closely as possible, but with the limitations, it's impossible to do it. 

You won't be able to have takeoffs on 05R/23L and landings on the other. I tested this and AI still land on that runway, instead of 05L/23R.

It's either single runway operations on 05L/23R, use a program/batch file to switch between BGL's or bust!

Think of how Madrid is setup. That suffers from the same limitations and comes with a handy tool in the installed directory to switch between the runways.

Tom

• Developer

Hi Tom,

I don't say, that my config will fit to real operations, but it fits to the best possible config you be able to have, by the limits of the FS.

The north runway is able to handle takeoff and landing (in both directions), the south runway can only handle landings on 05R, takeoffs on 23L, based on the taxiway design.

To prevent AI traffic to use 23L for landing you must close it for landing in both directions, the result is, that AI will only use the north runway for all Operations. But the user will not be able to request the south runway 05R for landing. The question is, how often we have south wind to be able to use 23L for landings of AI?

Oliver

With respect

Why was this not but in this scenery as an afcad if its the best realistic one or at least give people the option

Where can I get this afcad from?

ps Loving the new IDS Manchester better when updates come

On 25/01/2017 at 11:50 PM, OPabst said:

The question is, how often we have south wind to be able to use 23L for landings of AI?

Not sure what you mean by this.

For 90% for the year, the wind direction is in favour of the 23 end. Therefore, aircraft will land on 23R and take off on either 23L or, more likely, 23R.

With that in mind, it is possible to get AI traffic to land 23L - depending on how the AFCAD is setup.

Cheers,

Tom

• Developer
vor 31 Minuten, tomkellock92 sagte:

Not sure what you mean by this.

For 90% for the year, the wind direction is in favour of the 23 end. Therefore, aircraft will land on 23R and take off on either 23L or, more likely, 23R.

With that in mind, it is possible to get AI traffic to land 23L - depending on how the AFCAD is setup.

Cheers,

Tom

Ok,

but that will end in switching of 23L/05R for landing, when AI Traffic is used. In this case the user could not select 05R for landing, when there is northwind. AI will only use the Runway 05L/23R for operations, the User can may start at 23L when request it from ATC.

But the option to have two Afcad related the winddirection, is not the best solution, as the user with online weather could not know the wind in Manchester at landing time, before he takeoff when flying towards Manchester.

We have forwarded the files and hope that they can be released today.

There will follow a hotfix next week adressing the taxiway signs and things we might have missed ( let us know! ).

Enjoy! :)

Archived