managed flight issue

cgw

Having trouble with aircraft unable to engage in vnav.

I have the newest v 1.31 a3xx - I just purchased it today.

What I'm having trouble with is after takeoff the little ball next to the altitude in the FCU disappears / no vnav-managed flight.

Pushing the Alt Knob does not re-engage the managed mode.

Only on the ground am I able to get the white dot and yes I have throttles in climb detent after takeoff when engaging autopilot.

I have FSX:SE and win 10 64bit

Hi,

pictures from this flight situation are verry helpful. The white dot show the managed CLB mode. After takeoff and reach the selected ALT the white dot is disappear for level flight. For an further climb, you must selected an higher ALT and push the ALT Knob.

The managed CLB is coupled with the NAV mode.

Maybe you can make pictures and post these.

Here are some screenshots

takeoff roll

Please login to display this image.

just a few feet in the air you can see the white ball disappears.

Hi,

i cann´t reproduce this problem with this informations, i´ve no problems.

The withe dot is disappear in the moment of change from RWY to NAV (the withe frame at NAV can still be seen). In this moment the system must recognize an problem for the managed CLB. The system needs at vertical guidance  this stage V2 or V2 + 10. You´ve insert an V2 of 148, thus 148 + 10 = 158 Kts. The Flight Director is almost in the middle with the airplane symbol but you fligh with 178, rapid increasing. The Flight Director would show about 20° to observe 148 Kts.

This could be wrong, at this phase, but which shows the PFD later, at THR RED ALT?

What you´ve insert at the FMGS (LEGS-, INIT-, PERF Page)?

CLB mode should engage at acceleration altitude (when the FMA changes from SRS to climb), and the dot will light up when you are in CLB mode (alternatively it can arm if it sequences a waypoint with an altitude constraint while CLB is armed). CLB mode won't engage if you push the altitude knob, in your current situation, because it is already armed. If you are in CLB mode, and it is not displaying the Managed LVL/CH dot, then something might be a bit odd. Can we have a screenshot of it above Acceleration altitude? At the moment you haven't shown us anything out of the ordinary,

7 hours ago, FraPre said:

Hi,

i cann´t reproduce this problem with this informations, i´ve no problems.

The withe dot is disappear in the moment of change from RWY to NAV (the withe frame at NAV can still be seen). In this moment the system must recognize an problem for the managed CLB. The system needs at vertical guidance  this stage V2 or V2 + 10. You´ve insert an V2 of 148, thus 148 + 10 = 158 Kts. The Flight Director is almost in the middle with the airplane symbol but you fligh with 178, rapid increasing. The Flight Director would show about 20° to observe 148 Kts.

This could be wrong, at this phase, but which shows the PFD later, at THR RED ALT?

What you´ve insert at the FMGS (LEGS-, INIT-, PERF Page)?

This (the high speed) just indicates to me a slow rotation, rather than a specific problem with the airbus. I might be wrong though. Who knows?

If you are in CLB mode, and it is not displaying the Managed LVL/CH dot, then something might be a bit odd. Can we have a screenshot of it above Acceleration altitude?

I can tell you that I have tried pushing the alt knob above Acceleration altitude and still no dot so I think something is in fact odd.

Do you still want a screen shot as requested?

3 hours ago, cgw said:

I can tell you that I have tried pushing the alt knob above Acceleration altitude and still no dot so I think something is in fact odd.

Do you still want a screen shot as requested?

Yes please.

more picts

I appears that the 1558 acc point is never reached but just stays ahead of the aircraft and keeps moving

until I go dir to the first waypoint in the flight plan then it disappears but still cannot get into vnav/managed climb mode.

takeoff

above thr red/ acc altitude

If you are in CLB mode, and it is not displaying the Managed LVL/CH dot, then something might be a bit odd. Can we have a screenshot of it above Acceleration altitude?

Do you still want a screen shot as requested

Okay so it isn't a problem with the dot, it is the same problem stated in the thread that Yeti linked to above. The dot is working as anticipated, because at no point were you in managed CLB mode. So the screenshot was useful: we now know the problem. I suggest you take this into the other thread.

HAL-9000

Well I did read the the thread you directed me to and sounds like a similar problem.

I deleted the airbus and re-downloaded and installed  making sure my antivirus was off the whole time.

I also downloaded the latest version of c++ which I already had but I choose the repair option anyway.

Then I tried the airbus......same problem.

So I have resigned myself to flying as is until there is a possible solution in the future / it's still usable and is way better looking than other payware airbuses.

I will check into this issue from time to time.

One question I have is on the MDCU - what is the takeoff shift entry for?

6 hours ago, cgw said:

HAL-9000

Well I did read the the thread you directed me to and sounds like a similar problem.

I deleted the airbus and re-downloaded and installed  making sure my antivirus was off the whole time.

I also downloaded the latest version of c++ which I already had but I choose the repair option anyway.

Then I tried the airbus......same problem.

So I have resigned myself to flying as is until there is a possible solution in the future / it's still usable and is way better looking than other payware airbuses.

I will check into this issue from time to time.

One question I have is on the MDCU - what is the takeoff shift entry for?

It is used when carrying out an intersection take off. A figure is entered to adjust the runway length. During takeoff, the MIX GPS/IRS updates the FM position for each FMGC to the runway end. Updating the TO shift ensures that the FM position is updated accurately. However, we are almost always GPS Primary, and when GPS Primary the FM position update at takeoff functionality is prohibited, so in practice it isn't ever done. Not where I fly, anyway. So, basically, just ignore it.

• Deputy Sheriffs
54 minutes ago, HAL-9000 said:

However, we are almost always GPS Primary, and when GPS Primary the FM position update at takeoff functionality is prohibited, so in practice it isn't ever done. Not where I fly, anyway. So, basically, just ignore it.

I hope that the outfit I fly for also comes to this conclusion soon. After 25 years they still insist on entering it. Imagine the discussions you can have when there is a displaced threshold. Even Airbus in TLS can not answer that one.  ;) 

Archived