No Runway Lights at Lisbon LPPT

rocky

I'm rather frustrated with this, as having purchased a scenery that is supposed to be P3d compatible, I am sat here scouring the net and forums trying to understand why Lisbon LPPT has no runway lights. Can anyone offer a solution for this. Thanks.

which P3D Version do you use?

According to the AS shop it's only compatible to V1 and 2

-----

Minimal System Demands:
Windows XP / Vista / 7 / 8
Microsoft Flight Simulator X (SP2, Accel. Pack) / Prepar3D (V1&V2)
3 GHz Dual Core Processor

-----

and LM changed many things with lighting in V3.x

Further to data63's post above...

If you're using P3D v2.5 or above, there is a third-party patch available which should give you some illumination.

Instructions are included in the file (you have to register for the shop and 'buy' the free product (there is no charge)), but essentially you disable (I recommend by renaming the file(s)) the original lighting, and add a dummy airport with P3D 2.5+ native lighting. (The instructions recommend dropping the dummy airport into an Aerosoft AFD folder, which you may not have. I installed it for a friend and just added a new layer for the patch - I made subfolders inside the Aerosoft folder: '<P3D Root>\Aerosoft\LPPT-lights\scenery' placed the dummy in there, and added a scenery library entry. From memory, I think it was OK below the proper airport's layer, but I might be wrong (simple enough to check).

I should probably add that this is not an official Aerosoft patch, so they can't be expected to provide support for it; this is another reason I'd rename your original files (suffixing .off): If you need to revert the scenery to its 'official' state, you can.

More details/download:

http://simmershome.de/native-p3dv2-light-patches/

Regards,

Rob.

On 1/17/2017 at 7:35 PM, data63 said:

which P3D Version do you use?

According to the AS shop it's only compatible to V1 and 2

-----

Minimal System Demands:
Windows XP / Vista / 7 / 8
Microsoft Flight Simulator X (SP2, Accel. Pack) / Prepar3D (V1&V2)
3 GHz Dual Core Processor

-----

and LM changed many things with lighting in V3.x

On 1/18/2017 at 1:09 PM, FactionOne said:

Further to data63's post above...

If you're using P3D v2.5 or above, there is a third-party patch available which should give you some illumination.

Instructions are included in the file (you have to register for the shop and 'buy' the free product (there is no charge)), but essentially you disable (I recommend by renaming the file(s)) the original lighting, and add a dummy airport with P3D 2.5+ native lighting. (The instructions recommend dropping the dummy airport into an Aerosoft AFD folder, which you may not have. I installed it for a friend and just added a new layer for the patch - I made subfolders inside the Aerosoft folder: '<P3D Root>\Aerosoft\LPPT-lights\scenery' placed the dummy in there, and added a scenery library entry. From memory, I think it was OK below the proper airport's layer, but I might be wrong (simple enough to check).

I should probably add that this is not an official Aerosoft patch, so they can't be expected to provide support for it; this is another reason I'd rename your original files (suffixing .off): If you need to revert the scenery to its 'official' state, you can.

More details/download:

http://simmershome.de/native-p3dv2-light-patches/

Regards,

Rob.

Thanks fellas. It seems that, since posting this issue, there are many other airports that are also missing runway lights. I will have to investigate the issue from a wider perspective I think. Thanks for the advice though. I will follow what information you have suggested. Cheers.

Archived