Hi, with this Hotfix (and all of them ahead of 1.28.4, this was the last that didn't have this) I no longer get a WIND/TURB Prognosis page on my OFP and I now only get a WIND Prognosis, how can I get a WIND/TURB prognosis again?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi DevTeam; I think that I found a bug in V1.28.8

When exportin FPL to prosim737 the companyroutes.xml (belong to Prosim) becomes corrupted as PFPX adds an extra "</companyroutes>" at the end of the file doubling the close xml field, so at the end of the file I have "</companyroutes>" twice after saving an PFPX flightplan.

Cheers

And an answer has been provided yesterday

FlightSimSoft.com | Judith Blaschegg (FlightSimSoft.com)

Apr 17, 23:53 CEST

Hello,

we´ll have a look on the issue.

Best regards, Judith

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Another couple of weeks past and still nothing but silence.

Will you/Aerosoft be able to get some info for us waiting for this patch because I'm getting a bit sick of having to move the alternate airport into the correct field on every flight I plan using PFPX.

Or would you rather have us contact the devs directly and hope their support ticket system will be functional this time?

Ok then let's talk about the results instead of beliefs. Why is this alternate airports issue not corrected for weeks if devs are working on it? If you are a develeopper of this product, then please solve this simple issue. 

1 minute ago, grattis said:

Ok then let's talk about the results instead of beliefs. Why is this alternate airports issue not corrected for weeks if devs are working on it? If you are a develeopper of this product, then please solve this simple issue. 

It is not the sole occupation of the developer that has delivered the most powerful scheduling/planning software to the community.

To my knowledge issue is resolved for the next release.

Considering the simple nature of this issue and the amount of time that has already passed maybe the developer could release a quick hotfix to sort this issue and then work in piece on any remaining issues and improvements planned for next version.

That development of a product isn't your main occupation or source of income isn't really a very good excuse to not provide support in a timely fashion for that product IMHO when we're talking about a payware product.

Let's keep our fingers crossed we'll see a fix for this simple issue sooner rather than later.

• Deputy Sheriffs

One fix might look like a simple thing, but what if the developer is currently working on a larger overhaul (which will include that fix) but makes it impossible to separate it as a single hotfix?

The mentioned problems here have IMHO no show stopper status and there are workarounds available. Don't get me wrong here: I am not saying that a workaround is a fantastic thing and that the problem doesn't need to be fixed. But the world doesn't end because there isn't a fix available yet, does it?

As Stephen already stated: PFPX is a highly complex and powerful tool. I don't know of any other tool on the market that would come even remotely close to it's feature set. It is maintained by one single developer. Please don't forget that the FS world is not mass market but still a niche market. 

The fact that lots of developers throw a lot of eye candy to us customers with state of the art webpages and fancy looking installers and configuration tools should not distract from that.

The problems mentioned here have been approved to exist and to get fixed. As written above, sometimes things take a little bit more time (for reasons not obvious for outstanding customers, or forum moderators).

I hear you Tom and what you say makes sense but this alternate airport issue just seemed like a simple thing to fix and without being a developer I really think it is.

I fully understand the reasoning of including the fix in a bigger upgrade you're already working on but again if it's an easy thing to fix (which I again think it is) and you know the full next version/patch might take a while before it's done releasing a quick hotfix to keep your customers happy while waiting would seem like a good idea if I was the developer.

Well, not much more we can do right now rather than keep waiting. At least we know progress is being made behind the scenes which is great.

As for the software itself I fully agree it's amazing and I wouldn't want to be without it.

I really don't understand what is wrong with you people. There is a simple case that is not solved for weeks. And a customer, me, just wrote here my thoughts devs are not working on that case. But it is strange everybody except devs are sending posts and advertise how this product is great tool. I know the product is a great tool that is why I have purchased it. You can dislike my post, but this wont change tha fact that the support of this product is pretty amateur. Devs/dev didnot write a post to this thread for weeks. I think it is my right to ask for a support to a product that has a minor issue.

• Deputy Sheriffs

If you want direct support from the developer you might want to open a support ticket directly at their website. This here is the support forum of the publisher, not the developer itself.

And yes of course it is your right as customer to ask for support, that is far out of question. All I was saying earlier was, that there might be reasons, why the developer hasn't release a fix yet.

But as I see it, until know all your posts here were something like ranting and not asking actually for support. Don't know what you expect as response to that.

Sir, the support request was made weeks ago by another customer. I have just send 1 posts today complaining about the support that we didnot get from the developpers. I have also created a support ticket. The issue requested is not a big problem that makes pfpx useless. The product is working pretty well. My point is eather devs are not interesting to give support to this program anymore or not checking ticket system/support forum. This is not ranting.   

@grattis: we´re of course checking our tickets, if you could tell me your ticket number (via PM)... maybe we missed it.

And as already posted from Tom and Stephen, Christian is still very busy to work on a new version.

9 hours ago, FlightSimSoft.com said:

@grattis: we´re of course checking our tickets, if you could tell me your ticket number (via PM)... maybe we missed it.

And as already posted from Tom and Stephen, Christian is still very busy to work on a new version.

I cannot send you a pm via your forum profile. PM from your profile page throws error. Anyway my ticket number 7858.   

The ticket is closed by developper as " case is solved". The answer is "this will be solved in the next release". I think they are kidding with customers. Whatever, great support flightsimsoft.

Archived