Update German Airports 3 - Hamburg

dandis

Hello,

I have receved a mail from Simmarket informing me for a free update for Aerosoft Hamburg airport for FSX-Steam too.

As you can see in the attached screenshots, this is the result after installing the new updated scenery. Even if it's free, it doesn't look optimal.

Someone has the same problem, or can tell me how to correct this?

Thanks a lot and best regards.

Daniel

Please login to display this image.

Please login to display this image.

Heres some more questions. Shall you uninstall the old version or not? This update is only 1/3 in size. Im siiting with 2 entries in scenery library now. It works though. As for FSX:SE you shall choose FSX if you never had FSX on your computer? Or it doesnt matter which install you choose? I have FSX:SE and choose FSX install.

Thanks for the now working jetways.

• Deputy Sheriffs

It is always good practice to uninstall a previous version first. That enables the installer afterwards to perform a complete new setup rather than an update. That comes with much less chances for problems during the process.

Regarding the FSX:SE question:

• If your computer never saw any FSX installation, then the FSX:SE installer uses the default FSX folder names for all folders to be created. Therefore you should choose FSX in that case.
  • If there was an FSX installed previously (even if it has been uninstalled again), then FSX:SE installer will use it's own folder names for all folders to be created. Therefore you should choose FSX:SE in that case.

Thank you for your comments, but I don't have an answer to my problem. I have uninstalled the first scenery and then installed the new one in Fsx-Se folder.

Any help please ?

And a third question to the new installation. You mentioned new signs,..... but this does not inclued the new taxiway names (eg. Z1,..) and gate names at the Terminal (from 1A to 7B) which can be find in the new navigraph charts, right....?

Greetings

Manfred

vor 2 Stunden , Tom A320 sagte:

It is always good practice to uninstall a previous version first. That enables the installer afterwards to perform a complete new setup rather than an update. That comes with much less chances for problems during the process.

Regarding the FSX:SE question:

• If your computer never saw any FSX installation, then the FSX:SE installer uses the default FSX folder names for all folders to be created. Therefore you should choose FSX in that case.
  • If there was an FSX installed previously (even if it has been uninstalled again), then FSX:SE installer will use it's own folder names for all folders to be created. Therefore you should choose FSX:SE in that case.

I've the German Airports 3 package but the updated version is only for hamburg (i looked in the download section at the forum as well as in the user center). If i would uninstall "German Airports 3" and only install hamburg i would assume that all my other airports from the GAP3 package were gone or am i wrong here? So how should i update now?

• Deputy Sheriffs
25 minutes ago, busychild said:

I've the German Airports 3 package but the updated version is only for hamburg (i looked in the download section at the forum as well as in the user center). If i would uninstall "German Airports 3" and only install hamburg i would assume that all my other airports from the GAP3 package were gone or am i wrong here? So how should i update now?

When I wrote my previous answer I hadn't seen the new installer myself and assumed it would be a new one for the entire GAP3 package. Only later I saw that it is just the Hamburg one. In this case you leave your current installation of course untouched and just start the new installer.

vor 1 minute, Tom A320 sagte:

When I wrote my previous answer I hadn't seen the new installer myself and assumed it would be a new one for the entire GAP3 package. Only later I saw that it is just the Hamburg one. In this case you leave your current installation of course untouched and just start the new installer.

Perfect - thanks Tom! I'll give it a try now!

vor 1 hour , Tom A320 sagte:

Hi Tom,

i tried what you suggested - after the installation had finished i had two sceneries in my library (German Airports 3 and German Airport 3 - Hamburg). Unfortunately i've some issues with the gates:

Option 1: I let both sceneries activated

Result: I can see the gates but if i try to dock one of them (STRG+J) a message appears "You must be in an airport parking space to request a fuel truck or jetway" (see http://prnt.sc/du0r59). Also i found duplicate objects (see http://prnt.sc/du0rpm)

Option 2: I disable "German Airports 3" (which is nothing i want to do as my other sceneries from the GAP 3 package are disabled also)

Result: I can't see any of the gates (see http://prntscr.com/du0sc5)

I'm on Prepar3D 3.4.18 (latest version). I've already tried to disable all other sceneries and had only "Aerosoft AFD" and "German Airports 3 - Hamburg" activated but the issue remains the same.

I also noticed that the numbers of the gates are still wrong (the first gate at terminal 1 is still "4" but it has to be "1A/1/1B" according to the charts.

I can't believe that what seems to be a simple update can cause so many problems with textures, install and uninstall the scenery, more the time lost in the forum for nothing. This not very serious from an important society like Aerosoft. 

Regards

• Deputy Sheriffs

Sorry guys, I can't provide any more detailed help on EDDH at the moment as I wasn't able to do the update myself to get an idea of all logical connections.

But don't worry, I am not the only one around here who is able to help ;) 

7 hours ago, dandis said:

I can't believe that what seems to be a simple update can cause so many problems with textures, install and uninstall the scenery, more the time lost in the forum for nothing. This not very serious from an important society like Aerosoft. 

Regards

I too had this problem with missing textures. I had it installed as FSX SE as I only have that sim installed. I uninstalled it and re-installed it as FSX, and voila!!! textures are back.

Of course gate numbering problem remains....

Martin.

• Deputy Sheriffs

There is something you need to know about FSX:SE:

• if you install FSX:SE on a system where there had never been an FSX installed, the FSX:SE installer uses the original FSX folder names
  • if you install FSX:SE on a system where there had been or still is an FSX installed, the FSX:SE installer uses it's own folder names

So, if you want to install add-ons into an FSX:SE you need to

• select FSX (as installed sim) in the first case
  • select FSX:SE (as installed sim) in the second case

Thanks Tom. My FSX SE has been installed alone, after I had deinstall my FSX boxed edition. But my scenery.cfg is under FSX folder name. Should I then install add-ons under FSX ?

Hi,

for me, the update seems to work. Here is, what i did:

System:

Windows 10

Prepar3d 3.4 with latest hotfix

no GA 3 2012 preinstalled

if you have GA 3 already installed continue with step 3.)

1.) Activated Folder redirection with p3d Migration tool from Flightsim Estonia

2.) Installed German Airports 3 2012

3.) deactivated Folder redirection with p3d Migration tool from Flightsim Estonia

4.) installed German Airports 3 2012 Update Hamburg

After the Installation my Sim-structure changed like this:

GA 3 was installed into P3D_Mainfolder\Aerosoft\German Airports 3 2012

GA 3 Hamburg update was installt into P3D_Mainfolder\Ecosystem\Aerosoft

Aets continue with the Installation:

5.) i went to the GA 3 Folder (P3D_Mainfolder\Aerosoft\German Airports 3 2012\Scenery

6.) cut all files with "EDDH" and pasted into a backup Folder (you can rename the files, but cut them out is much faster:))

7.) Opened P3D loaded EDDH, looked fine:)

8.) checked the scenery library order and put EDDH above German Airports (dont think it is mandatory but i did it anyway)

9.) loaded Airport at day and night, and didn't notice any Problems, runway lights are there - Looks good

I'm not sure about the afcad file, as i did a flight from LOWW to EDDH, i was not able to choose gate 1,2 or 3 with GSX. And choosing gate 4 with GSX brought me to Gate 7 in the scenery, but it could be a Problem of gsx.

The framerate was ok - in heavy weather conditions (3 layers of Clouds (overcast conditions), snow) i got an average fps of 25. But there is ton of Autogenbuildings around the Airport so i think its ok.

Maybe this helps some of you,

happy landings

Chris

It works now for me, selecting FSX to install the update instead of FSX-SE. On the other hand I have no tarmac vehicles traffic, but it doesn't matter. Jetways works automatic.

Regards.

Daniel

Hi Tom

I already installed the German Airports - 3 (2012) bundle in FSX, so what should I need to do to install the new version of Hamburg. Just run the new Hamburg or before that delete all EDDH files in German Airports 3 first.

Please advise.

• Developer
vor 26 Minuten, Tom A320 sagte:

The new installer should do that for you. 

Yes, but only for FSX, maybe for FSX:SE, not for P3D

The old GAP3 installer was only available for FSX, maybe usable for FSX:SE, but not for P3D.

P3D Users, who have used migration tools or have copy manual the scenery into P3D (with temp fixes existing somewhere), needs to delete the EDDH Parts manualy from there P3D GAP3 folders. The new Installer for EDDH could not know, how the users has installed GAP3 before.

Note: The actual Installer of EDDH (Version 2.00) is buggy in case of FSX:SE, because some Textures missing, result in the issue of the first post.

The "Workaround" to select FSX instead is fixing this issue, but generate other issue, like missing apron traffic.

A new Installer (200a) is on the way, should be availabe beginning next week.

This installer should fix also same smaller issues and the new Gatenumbers for all variations of the FS (FS9,FSX,FSX:SE, P3D)

Archived