Feature request: Aerowinx PSX as a weather source

Hi guys,

I am a long term PFPX user and just love this program.

I also happen to be an Aerowinx PSX user, which is my favorite airliner simulation. I know that PFPX is able to export flight plans in PSX format, but there is still a limitation regarding winds aloft data for fuel calculations:

For flight planning, in PFPX at the moment, you can either use real world weather data (coming from server subscription, or from another add-on like ActiveSky), or use "fixed conditions".

Problem is that PSX does not use real world data for winds aloft, but its own atmosphere model. So winds aloft will vary SIGNIFICANTLY between the PFPX flight plan and what you encounter in flight (much more than the variation you should expect from the fact that what you use in flight planning is only a forecast).

PSX developer does not intend to add real world winds aloft for the time being, but told me that weather data from PSX is available through its networking, and that he would be willing to add a sort of "export" function with your route to write all winds aloft along your route inside it.

I was wondering whether you could consider digging into this issue and see if somehow, you could use such a file as a weather source to "recompute" the route and get more accurate fuel prediction.

I know things might not be totally clear in my message and I am at your disposal to assist, rephrase or help you in any way.

Charles MOULIN

Archived