Gutersloh scenery?

TheCameronPerson

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone knew of any decent RAF Gutersloh scenery. I think the ACG Gutersloh comes to mind but as far as I know it was only ever released for FS9, they were in the middle of an FSX native model when ACG came to an end. I've seen on other forums about there being a patch that allowed the FS9 model to work in FSX, just like they did in the case of their RAF Leuchars. Does anyone know of anyone who has this patch?

if not does anyone know of any other good sceneries for the Lightnings other than the Binbrooks and Wattishams that are available? 

Thanks, :D

cameron.

I do - but it's only for FS9. Doesn't work in FSX (I've tried).

There's a Changi over at flightsim, but it's too modern. In the days we're looking for Changi was an RAF Hospital. My parents both worked, met and married out there.

Dave

37 minutes ago, dhazelgrove said:

I do - but it's only for FS9. Doesn't work in FSX (I've tried).

Is it this one over at SOH?

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php/78528-RAF-in-1960s-Singapore-zip

Its FS9 native but I've downloaded it and it seems to go okay in FSX, there were some buildings missing but I tracked down the other file containing the buildings etc. and all seems to show up. Use the file name classic_libraries_v4a.zip in the search file library over at FlightSim and just download that. It comes with some FS9 Traffic files so you'll need to run AIFP but after that it all seems to work.

Please login to display this image.

Apologies for the wrong Hunter but it's just a quick recce flight after all. It's not perfect but at least it's another Lightning base. The AI models are dated so I'll get round to replacing with John Young's F1 model tomorrow.

Cameron.

Just replaced the AI with some of John Young's F1s and T4s from 74 Squadron (didn't have time to repaint any 74sqn F6s)

Here with some Buccaneer guests from the Fleet Air Arm..

And a passing Vulcan ;)

Cameron.

23 hours ago, TheCameronPerson said:

Is it this one over at SOH?

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php/78528-RAF-in-1960s-Singapore-zip

Its FS9 native but I've downloaded it and it seems to go okay in FSX, there were some buildings missing but I tracked down the other file containing the buildings etc. and all seems to show up. Use the file name classic_libraries_v4a.zip in the search file library over at FlightSim and just download that. It comes with some FS9 Traffic files so you'll need to run AIFP but after that it all seems to work.

Cameron.

That's the one.

You can get a complete replacement library over at CalClassic for the FSX/P3D version with DDS textures. Makes a real difference.

I'm liking the AI traffic, but I've changed the Canberra PR9s for PR3s - and I've changed the Vulcan to a white one.

Dave

Well it's always nice to have visitors ;)

I've repainted some of the John Young F6s to represent some of 74squads birds but its made me realise how much I need to sort out my Lightning AI! I've had to leave off the serials because I'm now seeing the same plane in several different paints all around the UK now.. My FSX world is a real mish mash atm, I've got F6s belonging to 74 at Tengah, while at Coltishall I have a few 74 F1s knocking about the place all the while I've got the F3s flying out of Leuchars and Wattisham and up north in Binbrook I've got F6s, T5s and F3s as they were in the 1980s.. All in all I think it's fair to say the RAF never had this many Lightnings over so many bases over so many periods! :D

C.

Wouldn't F3s and T5s be better for Tengah? The F6s weren't there for long.

You've forgotten Akrotiri - 56 Sqn in the late 60s and early 70s.

They took over 74s F6 aircraft when 74 Squadron disbanded in 1970/1.

A good Akrotiri would be worth having. I've seen a few offerings over the years, but none that I'd call reasonable. They always miss out so very much.

Dave

Ah how right you are, F3s are all painted up now and I've decided to paint some F1s and T4s in the colours of 226 OCU and I've put them at Coltishall .

And yeah I know what you mean about Akrotiri I've never found a decent one that doesn't look accurate, I gave it a stab a few years ago but it seems scenery design isn't for me :blink: It's the same story for RAF Luqa, never found one that doesn't depict it as it is today, I've having an issue finding a decent freeware Boscombe Down (I'm getting ready for the T5), I know UK2000 do it but that's still £30 and I've got a holiday to pay for! B)

C.

Take a look here:

http://www.hermit.supanet.com/afcad.html

It's at least an AFCAD.

Dave

EDIT: Later. I've looked at this and it's really not bad - but you do need the MAIW FSX Scenery Objects library. The hangars dotted around don't have any parking spots, but that's an easy fix (I'm on it).

Thanks for the point in the right direction :rolleyes:

I'm going to use the AFCAD as a basis to try and replace the hangars with the scenery objects from MAIW, can't guarantee how successful I'll be but I'll give it a go so it's ready for the arrival of XS422 B)

I'll post some pics if I'm successful.

Cameron.

PS. Am I right in saying that Boscombe only has one type C hangar left now?

Here's an overhead photo of Boscombe Down - dated 2005:

Dave

PS. I've added lots of parking by the hangars, if you want the AFCAD. I'll need an email.

Thanks for the AFCAD Dave I've been looking over it and atm I've been experimenting with the right kind of library objects to use etc.

Here are some examples of the hardened aircraft shelters I want to use. I'd really like to use the HAS in the middle which is from the MAIW Library Objects but unfortunately they don't provide a model with closed doors so I'll see what I can do about that..

Any more photos would be greatly appreciated :rolleyes:

Cameron.

I've solved the issue with the HAS and they've all been replaced now, atm I've got a combination of a few models to see which ones fit best. Originally I was going to have a mix of open and shut hangars but one of the closed door models isn't that great quality while the other one is bloody huge even though its labelled "small" and for some reason the size readjustment feature in ADE isn't cooperating with me, scale seems to be my biggest problem because the hangars just look too small.. Anyway here's some screenshots to show what I mean.

Cameron.

These are the HAS that I'm quite happy with.. Only issue with these ones are that the Lights appear as black squares during the day and I'm a mere amateur sadly so I'm not sure what to do about that

Now the ones that I'm not very happy about so I think I'll just go with the ones above

And here's an example of the scale issue, I know the Lightning is a big bird but I don't think this big ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Archived