steering to the right

seahawk09

Hey all,

i was wondering if anyone has had this particular problem i am about to discribe. I own a Saitek X52 throttle and joystick combo recently when rolling down the runway for take off I am having to give a little left rudder to keep my plane on the centerline I have also noticed that my tail rudder twiches once and awhile when your not touching it :? is this do to Fs2004 programing or something else. I hope someone can hekp me :D

Thanks in advance

That makes it with all plane when you increase the realism. I have the same thing and don't think it is related to the joystick.

Hello I have the same set with the rudder pedals.

I suggest, before each flight you move all axys to its limits, including the rotrary knobs and throttle. Doing this you ensure the joystick learns the full range of its calibration.

This is due to the fact that X52 is an auto-calibration device, you can't manually calibrate it.

If you go to the control panel, game devices, properties, check that all ranges are met... if you see any "noise" (axys behaving erratically) even after the above suggestion, then return it to where you bought it, get a new one.

Also make sure there are no multiple axys assigned to the same control (sometimes this happens when you have more than one joystick or when you mess around FSUIPC in the Axis assignment folder). If you do, FSX or FS2004 will become nutty not knowing which joystick does it pick.

To add to what Joao said, Only one joystick device connected at a time. Check calibration including sufficient null zone to avoid control `jitter`, calibrate within the sim by using the relative movement of the VC controller and finally, keypad 5 (numlock off) centres all axes, so get into the habit of moving all control surfces through their travel, letting the rest at their centre points, then press 5.

Any finer calibration should be done with the payware version of FSUIPC.

G'Day

If you are flying a piston engined aircraft, this is a normal thing. Due to the slip stream and the torque of the engine, it is putting more weight on one of the main wheels creating more friction which in turn acts like a brake and makes the aircraft turn a little.

Standard Operating procedure in these aircraft is to apply rudder during the roll to compensate.

I don't think it is related at least for me to calibration or too realistic movement, I don't hink the same thing should be happening with every airplane. I'm not an expert but planes like bireactor and so on don't the slip of stream like the cessna 172 have well they would behave like that obviously if the reactor are not synched. And alhtough I toroughly check and in crease thje dead zone the effect still there when every sliders of realism is set to the maximum. I'll try to play with the settings and find which one is responsible for this, as the turn is really huge and quikly drives the plane out of the runaway if nothing is done.

To add to what NJ_Flyer has already said, if it's a SEP you're flying and the prop spins clockwise (seen from the cockpit) when you add power the aircraft will yaw to the left (due to slipstream) and when you decrease power it will yaw to the right (the right yaw moment is cuased by the engine being slightly ofset from straight ahead) and vice versa with a prop that spins anti clockwise (as seen from the cockpit). I believe the technical term for it is P factor, although I think that may be an American thing becuase it's not refered to in my PPL sylabus books. :wink: