World map doesn´t show up.

Suddenly my PFPX has stopped showing the world map, and no matter what i do i´m unable to bring it back.

I have tried changing themes and resetting window positions a zillion times. It doesn´t work.

I have tried uninstalling the program, cleaning the remaining folders and reinstalling again. The map still doesn´t show up.

I have the latest version (1.28.7) and the visual C redistributables installed. Windows 7 Professional 64 bits, Intel i5-3570k @3,4ghz, AMD Radeon HD 7800, 8Gb RAM.

Any help appreciated, i´m at the end of my wits.

Nope, only one monitor.

I had a curious experience today: installed FS DreamTeam´s standalone addon manager just to update it to the latest version. It also makes a visual C installation as part of the process.

Well, after installing the addon manager i launched PFPX and hey presto, i had the map again. Sadly it dissapeared the next time i launched the program and here i am again, no way to make the map show up :(

Can´t understand what makes the friggin map so reluctant to show. If i try the visual C redistributables that come with PFPX they tell me they are already installed.

• Deputy Sheriffs

This might be worth a try in your case: please try to use the vc++ redist packages being linked in this topic:

15 hours ago, Tom A320 said:

This might be worth a try in your case: please try to use the vc++ redist packages being linked in this topic:

Tried this and looks like it works! Fingers crossed...i had checked that thread but i was convinced they were the same executables i had tried to install.

At the moment i have opened and closed the program multiple times and the map still shows.

Many thanks for the help!

Archived