Flight Plan not being loaded

Ray Proudfoot

Hi Pero,

I have v1.4.3 installed. I selected a flight plan to load with FSX:SP2 but once the sim had fully loaded the plan was not loaded. I also chose to have ASN auto-start and that will automatically load a plan if it exists in FSX. But as there wasn't it also failed to show a plan.

I discussed this with you when SimStarter was donationware and you said you would make this option available. I have 3 configurations for SimStarter and the Concorde one has plans in a sub-folder under My Documents \ Flight Simulator X Files. However, the plan was available in a drop-down list so I can't understand why having selected it it didn't load.

Any ideas?

• Developer

I double checked this function on my PC and worked fine.

Please validate to select a flightplan from the ComboBox and Start the profile.

Unsure that the sim is running without pause.

Review your SIMstarter NG.log file and search for something like "Send FlightPlan to Simulator"

04.01.2017 19:14:24 START     FSUIPC              Send FlightPlan to Simulator.

Thanks Pero. I've shut the FS PC down but will check tomorrow and report back. I did try it twice.

Could you try pointing to a non-standard folder rather than My Documents \ Flight Simulator X Files ?

• Developer

You can set the flightPlan Path within the settings now. Never the less if the Combobox show a flightplan - the selected flightplan will be loaded.

Path for FlightPlans can be changes in Programsettings > Platform specific settings > Path for Flightplans

Thanks pero. I tried again just now and it did load the plan. I suspect I didn't save the profile before launching it.

I have configured SimStarter to launch ASN. However, whilst it starts okay and loads the plan it doesn't shut down when FSX terminates. Should it?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Pero,

Sorry but I'm back again regarding the loading of a flight plan via SimStarter. Whilst it does load - and is visible via the FSX Flight Plan menu item - Active Sky Next (ASN) does not load it when it launches. It should.

FSUIPC has an option to display 'Load Plan' in the Addons menu and if I use that to load a plan it is immediately loaded into ASN. So why doesn't it load the plan when initiated by SimStarter? It's baffling. :huh:

Hi Otto,

I'll have to check but I don't launch ASN from within SimStarterNG. I launch it from FSUIPC when the sim is ready. I do it that way because ASN doesn't terminate when I exit FSX if it's launched by SimStarterNG..

• Developer

Maybe we are doing one step back:

1. Start NG
  2. Select a Flightplan within a profile
  3. Start the profile
  4. Wait until the simulator has been loaded completly. Once this is done and the sim is unpaused a text message will telling you that a flightplan has been loaded.
  5. Wait 10 seconds more (just in this verifing case)
  6. Open Flightplan window inside FSX to see if it has been loaded

Can you please verify this?

Hi pero,

I'll do this tomorrow and report back. Can you please confirm that ASN should close automatically if started from SimStarterNG when FSX is closed? Or does the user have to close it themselves?

Are you aware there is a bug in the Flight Planner in FSX? If it's opened and the map shown, a huge amount of VAS is consumed and is never recovered. I need to close FSX and start again. That's why I am reluctant to open the Flight Planner.

Okay gents. Problem appears to be solved. The key is setting ASN to start from within SimStarterNG in Extended Settings. I was calling it from Run Manager and that way it didn't load a plan.

The only downside to your method is ASN doesn't close down when exiting FSX and SimStartNG. Don't know if that's something you can look at.

Thanks.

Archived