PFPX calculating trip fuel totally wrong

I've had this issue sometimes, maybe like 3 times already where the trip fuel is not correct.

Here is a picture:

Please login to display this image.

As you can see the trip fuel is presented as 0 Kgs and with a duration of 16 hours. A flight from EDDF to EHAM obviously shouldnt take that long.

I've tried multiple times already to replan the flight but it still gives me the same results.

Also I've been quite disappointed with the new look of PFPX, I use this tool to plan my flights on VATSIM and the option to start a new flightplan is so hidden now, it wasnt like this in the past and I wish that this function would be more visible again because I dont use the schedule function of the program.

vor 20 Stunden , BlueFinn sagte:

IAlso I've been quite disappointed with the new look of PFPX, I use this tool to plan my flights on VATSIM and the option to start a new flightplan is so hidden now, it wasnt like this in the past and I wish that this function would be more visible again because I dont use the schedule function of the program.

Hi,

Could it be, that you minimized the ribbon by error (as I don't see it on your screenshot)? You should check this. I think you will get your preferred look and feel back.

To your problems: Which template did you use to create your plane? Never had this problem and calculated many flights with PFPX. Is it always with the same plane type or with different one too?

Rgds

Reinhard

Hi Reinhard

My PFPX looks like this:

Currently I always have to click the "flight" tab on the top to start a new flightplan, I remember earlier there was a whole window underneath just like for example the "briefing package" one where you could start a new flightplan.

The error with the fuel has occured to me on the Dash 8 Q400 aswell as the PMDG 737 templates.

• Deputy Sheriffs

PFPX tells you (in red color) that there is no current flight plan. Therefore it has nothing to display. That's the reason for the "empty" screen. 

Via the "prev days" and "next days" fields you can configure the time frame PFPX considers as current, and displays flight plans if within this time frame. 

vor 11 Minuten, Tom A320 sagte:

PFPX tells you (in red color) that there is no current flight plan. Therefore it has nothing to display. That's the reason for the "empty" screen. 

Via the "prev days" and "next days" fields you can configure the time frame PFPX considers as current, and displays flight plans if within this time frame. 

Im not talking about this.

Im talking about that:

If I press "Add flights.." in that box that tells me "There are no Flights in the Schedule" then I get this. But I dont want this.

I want THIS to pop up, because I need this to plan my flights. But instead I have to click the flight tab on the top to start a new flightplan. 

In some earlier versions of PFPX you could press a button in that column just underneath all those tabs "Schedule, flight, traffic, browser" to start a new flightplan, but it seems like it was removed.

This is a screenshot from the first versions of PFPX, they still had this "New" button that isnt present anymore now. Or its hidden and I dont know how to get it to show.

Hi,

Just select the second tab "Flight" instead of "Schedule" in the top navigation bar and you will get your window. You are simply on the wrong tab.

Rgds

Reinhard

On 1/2/2017 at 3:52 AM, BlueFinn said:

I've had this issue sometimes, maybe like 3 times already where the trip fuel is not correct.

Here is a picture:

As you can see the trip fuel is presented as 0 Kgs and with a duration of 16 hours. A flight from EDDF to EHAM obviously shouldnt take that long.

I've tried multiple times already to replan the flight but it still gives me the same results.

I have had the "zero fuel" 16 hour issue several times with different AC.  

I think it might be something to do with the SID / STAR.  Not 100% sure, but, sometimes either a restart of PFPX or changing the SID back and forth seems to sometimes clear it up.

Joe

• 8 months later...

I've the same iussue with included profile of 737 and 747 the only way to fix was to add new perf files for those planes can you please check what is wrong with default templates and latest 1.28.9 version ?

Thanks

Archived