Fuel Planner not working

highlander_821

Hi.  I just did a clean install of FSX-Acceleration and installed the Twin Otter.   The plane seems fine, but the fuel planner gives the error message "Aircraft Xml not found!" and fails to launch.  I used the latest installer from the website, ran as administrator, then fired up FSX and loaded the Twotter, which seems to be fine.

My last installation, I had used the installer in use before the latest 1.12 came out.  The fuel planner worked that time, so I'm wondering if maybe the new installer somehow omits the necessary files for the fuel planner?

Thanks!

I had exactly the same problem. I guess the culprit is the latest Aerosoft installer (v1.20), which by default installs 'Aircraft.xml' in 'C:\Users\{username}\Documents\Flight Simulator X Files\Aerosoft\AerosoftTwinOtterExtended' whereas in fact the file should go to 'C:\Users\{username}\Documents\Aerosoft\AerosoftTwinOtterExtended'.

I solved the problem by moving 'Aircraft.xml' into the proper folder.

Hope this helps!

Archived