Airbus Sudden Roll to one side and stall

Ethan Hunt

I just purchased the airbus a318/19/20/21 bundle a week ago.

Unfortunately I cannot get any single flight to work in any model. 

During the climb mode, without fail at some random time the plane will suddenly begin to lose speed, roll to one side, generally right, and then begin to either stall or enter an unrecoverable nose dive. I attempt to interven, but the plane is very hard to recover, when I do and reengage the autopilot soon it will start again to roll and stall/dive.

Some flights it is unflyable so i just stop and load up a pmdg plane. Some i can recover and continue  the flight like nothing happened. To be clear: the rolling and stall/diving ALWAYS HAPPENS, its just sometimes i can recover sometimes i cant. The throttles are always in the climb detent mode i dont move them. 

I added screenshots for anyone who needs them. I will be happy to provide additional information

I am very frustrated and unhappy that i cannot use this product. 

Please login to display this image.

Yes sir i have reinstalled it. This is not the only issue i have had. 

My transponder cannot sqk mode c in vatsim even though I specifically turn the knob. 

Mybrakes do not completely bring the plane to stop. They max out at about 5 knots and then i cannot brake anymore without engaging parking brakes. 

I recently bought this at simmarket. Im not sure if i need to install any updates as i just bought it and do not know where to see what update number my aircraft is on. 

In addition i had numerous ctd's after buying but that was fixed after downloading a new fmgs.dll file on this forum. 

I very much hope we can resolve this issue and that i havent wasted my savings for a broken addon. 

I have numerous high quality addons such as rex asn pmdg chaseplane and sceneries that have always worked properly. 

Hi Ethan,

What sort of frame rate do you get when flying the A320?

Have you reinstalled the Airbus following, precisely, the instructions in this thread? 

I would particularly check you have all the VC++ redistributables as described as updating all of these from the link provided has solved some odd flight control issues I briefly experienced with the A320.

49 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

My transponder cannot sqk mode c in vatsim even though I specifically turn the knob. 

This is not a bug: the VATSIM pilot clients use FSUIPC offsets to read the transponder state and the Aerosoft Airbus, in common with many other recent addons, does not interact with FSUIPC. However, you can install an LUA script to make it work as explained in the post linked below:

Hope that helps!

Hi,

First of all thank you for all your responses and help so far. I hope I can fly soon.

My computer is a 2.4ghz i5 core. I run sometimes 5-8 on ground... anywhere from 12-20 in the air. I dont really mind low fps seems worth the good scenery. i would like to point out that the issue doesnt appear when I take off or in the initial climb where i would get low fps... but in the ending stages or cruise of the flight where scenery doesnt really impact it. I dont have any ftx regions and typically get 15-20 in cruise. I have pmdg products and have never had a single issue with fps or impacts on simulation regarding low fps or performance. 

I will retry installing with above procedures. 

Does anyone have any insights on the brake issue?

Thanks for info on the transponder. 

Well, I have a similar issue, but Aerosoft A320 is not the source of the malady.

On rare occasions one of my Saitek throttle quadrants is not recognized properly, so P3d regards it as a new device and assigns each axis a function as roll, yaw and pitch.

Sadly you recognize that mostly when you are already airborne - In my case, when I disarm the Spoilers, ending in Auto Pilot disconnect and a sharp turn. So I check up the correct device recognition prior to flight.

May be you check out, if you have interfering hardware working this way... Just an idea.

Well, the issue should just matter if you use one or more hardware devices with axis. I jump into the settings, then into control tab. In the middle of the tab is a roll bar where you can list up your devices. Click on it's pushbutton and scroll through the indicated hardware. Check if any of these is indicated properly, including type and manufacturer. For example - I use two saitek throttle quadrants. Normally they are indicated as Saitek throttle quadrant 1 and 2. In that case the devices work fine. But on rare occasions, my quadrants are recognized as 1) Saitek throttle quadrant, 2) Madcatz throttle quadrant. That is usually the situation where my speed brake bug appears. You have then the chance to delete all axes in Settings / Controls, hoping that it will work properly. But that is not very reliable. Rebooting helps better.

I run sometimes 5-8 on ground... anywhere from 12-20 in the air. I dont really mind low fps seems worth the good scenery. i would like to point out that the issue doesnt appear when I take off or in the initial climb where i would get low fps... but in the ending stages or cruise of the flight where scenery doesnt really impact it. I dont have any ftx regions and typically get 15-20 in cruise. I have pmdg products and have never had a single issue with fps or impacts on simulation regarding low fps or performance.

Your frame rate may be part of the problem -- you may have noticed in the product requirements that you need a stable minimum of 18fps. This is because the fly-by-wire calculations run on a frame-by-frame basis and if the frame rate drops below 18fps it can do some very bizarre things, including the sort of thing you have experienced. Sometimes you can get away with the fps drops and sometimes you can't -- I can't really explain why, but I have a very similar CPU albeit overclocked to 3.8GHz and my framerate can occasionally be a bit marginal. My main issue was over a particular spot in the south of France where the framerate seemed to tank for no apparent reason -- sadly I don't really know what I did to solve it but once day it stopped doing it!

My suggestion initially, if the step-by-step reinstall does not yield an improvement, would be to try experimenting with rolling back the sliders (even temporarily) to see if picking up a few FPS helps the problem.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

21 hours ago, skelsey said:

Your frame rate may be part of the problem -- you may have noticed in the product requirements that you need a stable minimum of 18fps. This is because the fly-by-wire calculations run on a frame-by-frame basis and if the frame rate drops below 18fps it can do some very bizarre things, including the sort of thing you have experienced. Sometimes you can get away with the fps drops and sometimes you can't -- I can't really explain why, but I have a very similar CPU albeit overclocked to 3.8GHz and my framerate can occasionally be a bit marginal. My main issue was over a particular spot in the south of France where the framerate seemed to tank for no apparent reason -- sadly I don't really know what I did to solve it but once day it stopped doing it!

My suggestion initially, if the step-by-step reinstall does not yield an improvement, would be to try experimenting with rolling back the sliders (even temporarily) to see if picking up a few FPS helps the problem.

I will give this a try and report back my findings... Will pulling back sliders make add on scenery not work, because if they dont affect Im am fine with low sliders.

There is also a known problem with USB devices under Windows. It's best to ensure that Power Saving is turned off (not enabled) for all USB Hubs and devices. Short of a hardware problem, this should ensure the devices don't time out and are not spontaneously re-assigned.

Also a good time to ensure you have the most updated drivers for your controllers.

Will pulling back sliders make add on scenery not work, because if they dont affect Im am fine with low sliders.

The precise impact will depend upon the way each specific scenery has been developed and how far you roll back the sliders. Trial and error is really the best solution, but certainly in my experience I've not noticed massive differences visually in 3rd party sceneries going from, say, 'extremely dense' to 'normal' -- I am sure that some objects etc are hidden but nothing that strikes me as obvious. However, as I say, it depends largely on how a specific scenery is coded.

The big FPS killer generally is autogen and particularly road and AI traffic -- I fly online so always have AI off, and I keep the road traffic right down at minimal levels as well. Likewise with autogen I dial back as far as I can get away with -- the main issue here is that some 3rd party airports use autogen in some way for their parking guidance systems, so if you dial it too far back you lose those -- I don't have my settings to hand at the moment but I think I have mine on sparse or normal at most, which is enough to not interfere with stand guidance systems and gives a few trees, buildings etc but doesn't hit the frames too badly.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi I have attempted another flight, two in fact.. I was able to take of latinvfr krdu to flytampa kbos and back to shey's awesome kric in jetblue 471/472. I had completely reinstalled aersoft airbuses and asn and tweaked my active sky next settings to have less turbulence impact. I was only getting 5-10 fps the whole time.. I had forgot to move my sliders back.. but was able to do both legs successfully.

The problem had not completely disappeared as halfway through cruise where scenery shouldnt be a factor the airbus begins to roll to one side but I had quickly corrected it and the rest of the krdu-kbos leg went without even and so did the return journey..

I will try again later.

While I am happy that I can actually complete a flight.. I am not completely satisfied that there is still and issue and that if I had turned my attention away from the computer for couple minutes my plane could roll off and dive to the ground. Not a happy feeling expecially with vatsim controllers....

It is possible that it is an issue of my controllers or keyboard or mouse in that powersaving mode where it is turned off when not in use... i couldnt find where to deactivate it... not very good with computers.. if anyone has detailed instructions of how to turn these of for my logitech joystick, mouse/keyboard that would be great

I have a hp pavilion i5 5200u 2.20ghz windows 10 64 bit if anyone wants to know 

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hi Ethan,

I recognize your topic only now... Your problem is most definitely not connected to any controller but the low FPS you have in your sim. The bus needs stable 18 FPS (or more) in order for it's fly by wire to be working properly. Anything below can end up into any kind of problems, like e.g. the one you describe.

So your goal should be to increase your FPS.

This can be done by lowering your FSX/P3D settings. But that alone will most likely not be enough. Your system with it's 2.2GHz is below the system requirements for the Aerosoft bus: 

(taken from here)

30 minutes ago, Tom A320 said:

Hi Ethan,

I recognize your topic only now... Your problem is most definitely not connected to any controller but the low FPS you have in your sim. The bus needs stable 18 FPS (or more) in order for it's fly by wire to be working properly. Anything below can end up into any kind of problems, like e.g. the one you describe.

So your goal should be to increase your FPS.

This can be done by lowering your FSX/P3D settings. But that alone will most likely not be enough. Your system with it's 2.2GHz is below the system requirements for the Aerosoft bus: 

(taken from here)

yeah.. I saw that but I run default scenery normally, when I started simming and bought pmdg even though I was lower on specs and I got great fps.. only now did I start getting better scenery and pushing limits that I am getting low fps...

I guess its back to afcads for this one.....

Anyways thanks for ur help..

usually its imaginsim or latin that are my fps eaters.. flytampa is suprisingly well optimized. 

I will try one flight with lower sliders and one with completely default scenery.

Do you have any tips with optimizing fsx without changing my scenery or sliders? I have rex asn pmdg chaseplane and airbus

• Deputy Sheriffs
2 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Do you have any tips with optimizing fsx without changing my scenery or sliders?

Yes, use tools like SimStarter NG to manage all your scenery, other add-ons, FSX configs, etc. By this you will be able to get your sim optimised for every single flight you are doing.

Im sorry. I meant things that were free or not well known settings that if turned off could help you. 

I am not looking to purchase any other items as of now.

Thanks

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

I had the exact same problem with the A318-A320. sometimes it was ok but recently it did that rolling out of control all the time.My computer was built 2 years ago to run fsx and complex add ons.I have read here that

people think it is to do with frame rates,but even with my pc it happens so I dont understand as I should not have problem with frame rates.

And as you say yourself it happens in climb or cruise...away from airports where there would be more demand on frame rates.

So I deleted it from my computer yesterday in annoyance.It is a pity because when it worked properly it was a fantastic add on. What pmgd aircraft have you got and what do you think of them?

• Deputy Sheriffs
3 hours ago, Bungle said:

as I should not have problem with frame rates

There is a difference between believing and knowing. Simply checking your FPS the moment where you ran into the problem would have given the immediate answer.

With the wrong FSX/P3D configuration you can practically stop even the strongest machines from working. So this is not just a question of having "a good machine".

3 hours ago, Bungle said:

What pmgd aircraft have you got and what do you think of them?

This is the Airbus support area of the forum. For general discussion please use the "General Discussion" forum.

Hi Tom,

Do you have the A318-A320 addon,and has it worked ok for you? I did enjoy the 320 add ons when they were working well.

I had a look at the fps slider in fsx and it was set at 20fps. I thought the pc took care of fps in fsx. Would an answer to the problem have been to move fps slider up more.

And maybe purchase simstarter? If I coild fix this I would gladly get the A391/20 addons again.

• Deputy Sheriffs

As you can see from my signature, I am one of the beta testers of the Airbus series and I can assure you, they are all running just fine on my machine.

About the FPS: it's irrelevant what you have configured within FSX, as that is just the maximum FPS that will be rendered by FSX. Way more interesting the the actual FPS value FSX is able to render. And this can actually be a value way below the one you have configured, depending on your FSX configuration.

To get the current value just press SHIFT-Z twice. FSX will display the current value now continuously.

The AS Airbuses (i.e. their fly by wire) need stable 18 FPS (or more) in order to work properly. If you have less everything is possible, including the problem being described in the topic.

So what to do if you have less than 18 FPS? Adapt the FSX configuration (scenery density, autogen, draw distance, traffic) to the hardware you have in your machine. This is actually a trial&error thing, as it depends a 100% on your computer setup.

As a thumb rule: move some sliders to the left.

Hello Bungle,

I understand your frustration, but Tom is correct in what he is telling you.

The FPS setting in FSX/P3D is a Limter, which adjusts many different settings inside of the flight sim software but will not ensure that one is able to maintain a particular FPS.  For instance, if one increases the setting, then less processor cycles might be devoted to drawing autogen resulting in blurry autogen textures, etc., and that's even when one can't reach the new setting.

The exact problem you are experiencing was experienced by a member of my Beta Team, which not only worked the Aerosoft Airbus, but many other leading flight sim software titles.  In his case, we found the problem was due to a momentary reduction in frame rates caused by a Windows process that caused a lot of Disk reads/writes while he was flying and did not otherwise affect his processor.

In tuning a system for peak Flight Sim performance, sometimes one has to look at many different things.  The best place for help in these areas is AVSIM, as we're now talking systems rather than the product itself.

For the record, I know a lot of guys who fly the Airbus (and along with just about every other payware airliner) and they all have excellent, fluid motion and zero problems with the Aerosoft Airbus.

My very best wishes to you.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

I have started flying the a318/19 again and the problem of frame rates has not been solved yet. What I have found is when I fly any default fsx aircraft I get frame rates of around 20fps. if i switch to the airbus 318/19 the frame rate goes to about 10fps or less

I have also tried tweeking settings but so far not much has changed. I also now have Simstarter to see if that will help. I will continue to try and solve the frame rate issuie,but if you have any ideas as to why the frame rate drops so much when i switch to the airbuses and what setting might solve this I would be gratful for any advice.

regards,

Ronan.

Archived