Aerosoft Airbus A319 won't capture ILS at KSAN

Rishi

Hi,

I'm having an issue with capturing the ILS in the A319. The airport that is an issue for me is KSAN ILS RW 9 (San Diego) where the aircraft correctly gives me the right frequency but on approach, never seems to capture the amber diamonds (in fact, the diamonds don't even show up at all) and I'm forced to disconnect the AP and land manually. I tried this http://www.aero.sors.fr/navaids3.html but it didn't help. I am using Navdata Pro as my AIRAC database (Whenever I change it to Navigraph, there isn't a database in the aircraft). When I do the ILS approach as KSNA (John Wayne), it works perfectly. I bought the bundle 2 days ago and its frustrating that I'm already having issues. I also attached the chart I used. Can someone try this approach to see if it works otherwise what exactly am I doing wrong? The aircraft is fully updated to 1.31

Thanks,

Rishi Shah

2016-12-25_13-43-19-22.BMP

2016-12-25_13-45-34-885.BMP

2016-12-25_13-46-56-525.BMP

00373IL9.PDF

Is it just at KSAN right? Check the freq inside the sim. Sometimes sceneries have different freq than the real ones (The ones that AIRAC has), for example Aerosoft Rotterdam.

3 minutes ago, flyingfish55 said:

Just fired up P3d and placed an aircraft at KSAN. Checking the airfield data on the World/Map dropdown button the ILS is 110.90. Try that frequency and see it if it captures.

John

Hmm, that's odd. Isn't that the LOC for 27 (110.90/IUBR)?

The OP indicates that he's trying to capture the ILS at KSAN, Rwy 27 doesn't support an ILS approach (due to that massive parking structure) at about 3 DME. There's no ILS in real life, or in the sim on that runway.

Whereas the ocean approach on 09 does support ILS or a LOC on 111.55.

It's pretty rare that you'll land on 09 at KSAN, anyway, but I'll try to fly it tonight after work and just force easterly winds into the sim. Any specific liveries/engine types? I'd like to try and reproduce it, completely.

21 minutes ago, softreset said:

Hmm, that's odd. Isn't that the LOC for 27 (110.90/IUBR)?

The OP indicates that he's trying to capture the ILS at KSAN, Rwy 27 doesn't support an ILS approach (due to that massive parking structure) at about 3 DME. There's no ILS in real life, or in the sim on that runway.

Whereas the ocean approach on 09 does support ILS or a LOC on 111.55.

It's pretty rare that you'll land on 09 at KSAN, anyway, but I'll try to fly it tonight after work and just force easterly winds into the sim. Any specific liveries/engine types? I'd like to try and reproduce it, completely.

Correct on all points my friend.

Best wishes to everyone!

In P3D, it is the same frequency for both I-SAN and I-UBR. I tried the approach in the default Cessna with both 110.90 and 111.55 in the box however, as expected, only the 110.90 frequency worked.  I tried it with the A319, but when I entered 110.90 on the Rad/Nav page it was not recognised. I note from the pics posted, the frequency is shown but the identifier is not. I suspect that if the OP tries to confirm with morse it will not be recognised. On a different tack, I see the OP has the QNH set in Hectopascals instead of inches.

1 hour ago, flyingfish55 said:

In P3D, it is the same frequency for both I-SAN and I-UBR. I tried the approach in the default Cessna with both 110.90 and 111.55 in the box however, as expected, only the 110.90 frequency worked.  I tried it with the A319, but when I entered 110.90 on the Rad/Nav page it was not recognised. I note from the pics posted, the frequency is shown but the identifier is not. I suspect that if the OP tries to confirm with morse it will not be recognised. On a different tack, I see the OP has the QNH set in Hectopascals instead of inches.

very weird...

Regrettably I have FSX: Steam so I can't compare what's going on with P3D. The good news, the OP does as well. Honestly, a lot about the photos is perplexing. LOC is not armed/active (can't see the approach mode) but judging by the FMA it's also not armed/active.

I'm not following the Hectopascals logic, though. Should that matter? I fly in the EU with inches of mercury and it works just fine.

Curious if you try Rwy 27 with 111.55.

Hi,

Thanks for the replies, greatly appreciate it! Just did a flight from KLAX-KSFO in the AA A319 with CFM engines and I successfully performed a full ILS autoland as you can see from the attached files. I'm going to do a couple more flights to see if the issue re-occurs. It is KSAN that is confusing me :)

-Rishi

2016-12-26_14-56-8-356.BMP

2016-12-26_14-56-25-292.BMP

2016-12-26_14-57-45-240.BMP

2016-12-26_15-2-50-164.BMP

10 minutes ago, softreset said:

very weird...

Regrettably I have FSX: Steam so I can't compare what's going on with P3D. The good news, the OP does as well. Honestly, a lot about the photos is perplexing. LOC is not armed/active (can't see the approach mode) but judging by the FMA it's also not armed/active.

I'm not following the Hectopascals logic, though. Should that matter? I fly in the EU with inches of mercury and it works just fine.

Curious if you try Rwy 27 with 111.55.

I will try RW 27 then get back to you

-Rishi

38 minutes ago, softreset said:

I agree the Hpas/mercury inches is not a factor here. I was merely pointing it out:rolleyes:

6 minutes ago, flyingfish55 said:

I agree the Hpas/mercury inches is not a factor here. I was merely pointing it out:rolleyes:

Gotcha. Similar to the engine & wing anti-ice with +14 C TAT. :blink:

Let us know how RWY 27 works, Rishi and your ability to capture the localizer. You won't have a traditional ILS approach to try. Alternatively, you can try the RWY 09 ILS approach with the frequencies that Fish mentioned.

15 minutes ago, softreset said:

Gotcha. Similar to the engine & wing anti-ice with +14 C TAT. :blink:

Let us know how RWY 27 works, Rishi and your ability to capture the localizer. You won't have a traditional ILS approach to try. Alternatively, you can try the RWY 09 ILS approach with the frequencies that Fish mentioned.

Hi,

When I tried the LOC 27 approach into KSAN, it successfully worked! Looks like its just RWY 09 I have to deal with :)

-Rishi

2016-12-26_16-8-8-496.BMP

2016-12-26_16-7-34-986.BMP

2016-12-26_16-5-39-163.BMP

Hi Rishi,

Just finished the flight from KSFO to KSAN onto RWY 09 in the Airbus. It wasn't the A319 but rather an A320 (figured I'd knock out a flight for my VA as well). I see no reason why the in-game functions of the ILS and the plane's interaction with it should be any different though. The important moments in the flight:

37:00 - program ILS for Rwy09
1:18:00 - ILS confirmed on-screen display
1:20:35 - LOC mode armed and captured
1:22:40 - GS captured
1:24:50 - Landing

Pay no attention to the missed altitudes on final, ILS still captured as expected on 111.55 :o

I even set the altimeter to hPa.

If you see this right away, give it a moment to finish processing. The source video was over 1GB.

Rwy09-KSAN.BMP

Archived