PFPX Auto-routing Question

I've recently updated to ver 1.28 but was unable to say where along the line this started.

I'm trying to plan a flight form KORD-TBPB and get this as a routing : ORD DCT WHETT DCT FLM DCT SPA DCT CHS DCT UKOKA DCT ILIDO L451 LETON G431 ELMUC L454 ILURI UA555 BGI.

While in US airspace, I'm being routed from VOR direct to VOR instead of along airways.  Once I get outside US airspace, I notice I'm being routed along airways.  I'm currently using AIRAC 1613 as I just bought it but only change my nav data ever so often.  Is there a setting that might influence this, something that I'm overlooking? (No problem with PFPX as its working fine)

Kirk Mayers

Hello Kirk,

I don't believe you'll find it is an issue as directs are frequently used in the USA, you'll also notice a lack of airways that would serve your route.

In Europe airways are been removed in favor of Free Route Airspace where directs will be required.

Maybe one of the USA dispatchers can clarify.

Archived