Austria Pro East and West Winter textures

peter131176

Hi Guys,

I bought recently both of Austria Pro HD East and West, does anyone know how to switch to winter textures as at the moment I have everything in green. LOWI airport is white and surroundings are green :) 

from the Aerosoft shop product description:

Features:

• Detailed elevation model at a geometrical resolution of about 5 m and custom textures based on aerial imagery at about 1 m/pixel (no seasonal textures, summer textures only)
  • The entire scenery is covered with autogen vegetation and buildings
  • All Austrian airfields are included in the aerial imagery
  • For Microsoft Flight Simulator X and Lockheed Martin Prepar3D (v1 - v3)

• 1 month later...
  • Aerosoft
9 hours ago, Simflieger said:

Hallo,

run in the same problem !  Green mountains in winter, wonderful !

I de-installed at once. Luxury for only 53 Euro !!!

Dieter

Okay sir, I am sorry you missed that one the product page. It is however not really a problem but a limitation that we explain on the product page is it now?

Please note that many scenery products like this only come with one season as making the 5 (!) seasons that FSX knows will either increase the cost too much or would result in a product that would be too large. It's for that same reason a simulator like X-Plane only covers summer.

• 3 weeks later...

In all honesty Mathijs and as much as I agree that one has to read the product page and it clearly states one season only so that should come as no surprise to anyone after purchase. With that said however and with 25 + years in this hobby I dont really buy in to the logic about seasons. 4 sesons I agree is way overkill for a niche market like this, but winter and summer is reasonable in my humble opinion and for a country like Austria no less. Flylogic had no problem including winter season in their Switzerland Pro product for example. Is it more expensive? no if you add Austria East and West together there is not too much difference given what you get.

With the upcoming Innsbruck from a well known developer and various other high quality payware airports that all include seasons for their individual small airport surroundings you cant help but feel Austria Pro HD is a bit limited and fall short. It is not too stimulating when you fly over these airport areas and the surrounding suddenly change from summer to winter textures in winter season. I know one can select to fly summer only or deactivate Austria Pro HD all together in winter but again somewhat limiting.

A good balance could have been to include winter textures but instead of 1 m/pixel Flugwerk could have done 2.4 m/pixelas for the winter textures and 1 m/pixel for summer. White winter textures are more generic looking anyway and they could well have got away with it looking great! 

Just my opinion and I hope the developer will eventually make some winter textures, perhaps as a payware addon to the present offering.

Mikael Cedergren    

Can't you try switching the photo scenery off and keep the 3D objects.

If you have FTX Global you will have very nice snow and Autogen + 3D objects..

Archived