P3D control lag

rr503

Hey all,

First, if this is the wrong forum, please move this! I wasnt sure if this was applicable to this or animations/modelling. 

I'm running P3DV3.4.14 (just installed P3D coming from FSX) and I reinstalled the airbus to P3D. Everything seems to be working well, except there is a .5-1second lag between my control inputs and their rendering in my sim. It isn't an fps problem as the sim always hovers around 20fps. What can I do to fix this? 

Thanks!

RR503

• 2 weeks later...

i noticed the same last times. no registered fsuipc and the time between controler input and the reaction in the sim is about 5 sec.

fps is good over 23. last download version from the aerosoft download file.

any ideas ?

Sorry for my absence; was on holiday and had little time to check this. 

My controls are through P3D. 

So there is nothing I can do? That seems a bit sad. My system is up to specs for both the 320 and P3D 3.4, and yet I can't use them. 

Edit: the problem seems to have now disabled my joystick's throttle controls in the 320 (but not in any other plane in P3D). Help!!!

You may be having a USB issue.  Make sure you have the Power Management turned off (not enabled) for all USB Hubs and devices, and that you update your drivers.  You can do all of this in the Device Manager. 

I'm not sure what joystick you're using, but many don't work well on USB 3.0, so I'd recommend using a USB 2.0 port if you can.

Since you've updated P3D, you should also update FSUIPC (if you have the registered version). This has corrected many seemingly unrelated issues, even if you're not using FSUIPC for your controllers.

Best wishes.

Power management is off, and I've tried it with all 4 of my comp's ports; same problem. Delay+no throttle response. 

I do not have FSUIPC. 

Thanks so much for your help!

I managed to correct the throttle problem, but the lag is still there. 

Ideas?

PS happy new year to all here at Aerosoft, and thanks for all the great work you do!

As a test, try turning all your scenery sliders to minimum, set frame rate to unlimited, load up at a default airport and then check for the lag.

Looking forward to hearing back from you.

That seems to have reduced the lag (fps is around 30-35 btw), but it is still there. The delay is now around .1-.2 seconds. I think I can deal with that much. 

Thanks!

30 minutes ago, rr503 said:

Thanks!

You're most welcome.  Get into that Guide I sent you to, and you'll be able to get it marginally better.

My very best wishes to you.

Archived