Issue with LIMC

cellular

HI,

I'm not able to see the gateways in LIMC.

I have installed several times as administrator, sode is running (I have runn the connection DLL test) and the Simbobject\SODE line is in FSX.cfg.

What else should I check to solve the problem?

Thanks and best regards

Joe

Me too, I have the same problem, but only with the last update. I have other sode airports but for LIMC for me is better with Ctrl-J.

I tried to reinstal with all the options but unfortunatelly Always the same problem.

• Developer
On 10.12.2016 at 00:00, cellular sagte:

I have installed several times as administrator, sode is running (I have runn the connection DLL test) and the Simbobject\SODE line is in FSX.cfg.

Hi Joe,

Just as Juergen has pointed out, I also suspect the numbering sequence is not correct in your fsx.cfg. If you want to try, I have much improved the SODEPlatformManager utility and it is now able to detect and repair several configuration error cases including incorrect SimObjectPath numbering. Download the utility here: SODEPlatformManager_20DEC16.zip

Replace the one at C:\Program Files (x86)\12bPilot\SODE with the new one. If the numbering is indeed incorrect, the PlatformManager will display this message, clicking on repair will fix the numbering:

Please login to display this image.

If the objects still don't show up, then you can post your SODE.log. In the PlatformManager, go to Tools -> Show Log.

Hi,

thanks a lot that solved the issue. I had wrong numbering in the FSX,CFG: after to have run the utility evreything was good.

Thanks again for the support!!!

Joe

still doesn't work with P3Dv3.4, everytime I run the sim the error returns.

I get these messages in red in the sode.log:

[10:16:08.033] WARN  : VDGS Pack is not found/installed!

[10:16:08.034] WARN SODE.XML : \cfg\ not found. Code(2) [C:\ProgramData\12bPilot\SODE\cfg\*.sdx]
[10:16:08.034] WARN SODE.XML : No SDX Files found! Lists are empty.

• Developer

You can safely ignore these warnings: VDGS Pack is not released yet and the cfg and sdx stuff is only used by Drzewiecki Design sceneries. So if you don't have anything from them that uses SODE, then those lines can be ignored.

You wrote "the error returns"...what exactly "returns"? Some kind of pop-up error message? I need precise information, else I'm not able to propose a possible solution.

Hi Jeffrey Thanks for you help 

My VDGS is from AES light so no connection to SODE 

I don't know what is the other two lines erros  

Did the errors that sanyok mention can prevent the SODE   that i did for LIMC To work or this errors list are  more "wide"? problem 

now I'm on my way to format my working computer. be beck in few day's

Regards

David

• Developer

Those are not errors, just warnings. SODE will run normally even if those messages are present. As I said, only Drzewiecki Design uses the SDX file structure, all others use the normal XML for SODE placement. And since there are no XML warnings/errors in the log, everything is fine.

That's why I asked what exactly the "error" is in sanyok's case, the description is very vague...

18 hours ago, 12bPilot said:

You can safely ignore these warnings: VDGS Pack is not released yet and the cfg and sdx stuff is only used by Drzewiecki Design sceneries. So if you don't have anything from them that uses SODE, then those lines can be ignored.

You wrote "the error returns"...what exactly "returns"? Some kind of pop-up error message? I need precise information, else I'm not able to propose a possible solution.

The errors in the SODE manager (posted above). Everytime I run it and click "repair", it repairs and I see 2 green entries on the left, instead of orange. Then I run the P3D, and I see no jetways again. I close P3D, run the SODE manager again, and it displays the orange "simobject sequence error" message. I click "repair", get the green entries, run the P3D, and see no jetways again. Run the SODA manager and see the orange "simobject sequence error" message again. Is this tested with P3D or only FSX?

• Developer

Thanks for the explanation.

Of course it is tested with P3D! But I cannot cover every case of misconfigured sim setups on the user end. Your description tells me that there is something wrong with the simobjects.cfg. Can you attach the file here? You can find it at: C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3

EDIT:

Found out that if the simobjects.cfg contains duplicate number entries (Entry.X), SODE Platform Manager (and also Prepar3D!) is not able to edit the file, because it forms an invalid cfg file structure! Therefore, the Platform Manager is not able to repair it. Even worse, it will remove all entries and only add the SODE entries. So, I have removed the auto-repair functionality for Prepar3D platforms. Instead, a message box will inform the user to manually edit the file!

So don't use the repair button for the Prepar3D platform!

Your simobjects.cfg should have never gotten into that invalid state in the first place. I suspect you or some add-on installer has directly edited the file and messed up the entry numbers leaving a malformed cfg file which neither SODE PlatformManager nor Prepar3D is able to read/repair.

I exclude the SODE Platform Manager being the source of evil because it doesn't directly touch any config file of Prepar3D, but uses the native Prepar3D.exe command line calls to register the add-on with the sim, which I expect to be functioning correctly.

• Developer
vor 8 Stunden , sanyok sagte:

>So don't use the repair button for the Prepar3D platform!

too late, already did. Here is the file attached.simobjects.cfg

Thanks for your file. So your file is basically correct, the only "uncommon" thing is that after entry 0 and 1, the numbers 10 and 11 follow...this got the PlatformManager confused. So I changed that piece of code so that the PlatformManager only looks for gaps or duplicates within the numbering, but disregards if the numbers are shuffled.

This is not allowed in the FSX.cfg by the way, but it seems Prepar3D has no problem with shuffled entries, as long as there are no gaps or duplicates.

Anyway, get the updated utility here: SODEPlatformManager_20DEC16.zip It should now indicate that your setup is correct and SODE registered.

hello this is not so strange , because when sorting numeric 11 become before 2

I think when you should  renumber 1 -9 in 01,02,03,04,05,0,07,08,09

then the sequence will follow logisticly in 10,11,12, etc.

• Developer
vor 15 Minuten, sydney1962 sagte:

hello this is not so strange , because when sorting numeric 11 become before 2

I think when you should  renumber 1 -9 in 01,02,03,04,05,0,07,08,09

then the sequence will follow logisticly in 10,11,12, etc.

Yes, I know.

With I meant with uncommon is that if you followed Lockheed Martin's recommendation of using the Prepar3D.exe command line calls to install your add-on, Prepar3D.exe will sort the entries by itself and creates a strictly continuous sequence 0, 1, 2, 3 etc...

If some other add-on installer however directly edits the file, then maybe their internal sorting reshuffles the entries as 0, 1, 10, 11, 2, 3 like you pointed out. This is what a numeric sort() function will generate.

The problem is that I as a developer must adhere to some standard/convention to detect what is right and what is wrong, and in this case, I assumed that Lockheed Martin's method is the correct one. Fortunately, P3D will still load with the numbers re-shuffled. But when I use the P3D.exe command line call to remove SODE for example, then the numbering will be changed to 0, 1, 2, etc again. So this should be correct in my eyes.

I still do not understand why other developers still directly edit the config files (dll.xml, exe.xml, simobjects.cfg and many more!), when LM has provided us an elegant way to install our add-ons into P3D which will work without any errors! Editing directly has a potential to mess things up or break a standard set by LM. But that's not the point of this thread, so...

Thanks for your input, though. For my part, I will certainly not renumber to 01, 02, 03 etc...I just use what LM has intended to...

I fully agree with your comment, I have the same issue that simobject entry numbers are changed everytime

with leads to the point that prepar.cfg and simbojects have different numbers, and are not loaded correctly until manually

corrected.

Archived