SODE Installing Issue (Aerosoft Alta X / Vaeroy X)

KaiStae

I just installed Aerosoft Alta X and Vaeroy X for P3D v3, but when I loaded the airport there where this Issue you can see in the Picture. I figured out that this must be

an Issue with the SODE Installation. I tryied to install a new version, I tryied the version included with the installation. But always the same Problem, the Simulator has no

connection to SODE, there is no Menu item "SODE" unter "Add-ons". When I try to register the Error "DLL XML document could not be read" pops up, even when I run

SODE Platform Manager as Administrator.

Thanks for your help, I´m our of Ideas.

Please login to display this image.

• Developer

Hi,

For Prepar3Dv3, SODEPlatformManager does not directly edit the exe.xml, dll.xml and simobjects.cfg, but calls the official Prepar3D.exe functions to register the add-on. So that error message is coming from Prepar3D and it is telling you that your dll.xml file is not valid or got corrupted by another add-on installer.

You can try to test your dll.xml in one of the online XML validator tools. They will tell you what is wrong in your xml, most of the time it's due to syntax errors or missing closing tags. You can also post your dll.xml here in the forum if you can't find the error in the xml.

By the way, SODE will be registered into the C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\dll.xml, so that's the file you want to check.

this ist the content of the dll.xml File

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252"?>

<SimBase.Document Type="AceXML" version="3,0" id="dll">
    <Descr>AceXML Document</Descr>
    <Filename>dll.xml</Filename>
    <Launch.Addon>
        <Name>SODE Animation Module</Name>
        <Path>C:\Program Files (x86)\12bPilot\SODE\SimObjectAnimationModule.dll</Path>
    </Launch.Addon>
    <Launch.Addon>
        <Name>Addon Manager</Name>
        <Path>bglmanx.dll</Path>
    </Launch.Addon>
    <Launch.Addon>
        <Name>Flight Recorder</Name>
        <Path>Aerosoft\Flight Recorder\AS-FlightRecorder.dll</Path>
    </Launch.Addon>
</SimBase.Document>

• Developer

Your dll.xml is fine.

Can you post a screenshot of the error message? What I know is that for some reason, Prepar3D writes "DLL XML document could not be read" even if the exe.xml is affected. The first line of the error message contains the important info about the affected file, e.g. FILE=EXE. If that's the case, then you have to check the exe.xml file for errors.

My exe.xml file

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="windows-1252"?>
<SimBase.Document Type="AceXML" version="3,0" id="exe">
  <Descr>AceXML Document</Descr>
  <Filename>exe.xml</Filename>
  <Launch.Addon>
        <Name>SODE</Name>
        <Path>C:\Program Files (x86)\12bPilot\SODE\SimObjectDisplayEngine.exe</Path>
        <CommandLine>P3Dv3</CommandLine>
    </Launch.Addon>
  <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>Couatl</Name>
    <Disabled>False</Disabled>
    <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
    <Path>fsdreamteam\couatl\couatl.exe</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>
  <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>XHT.APController</Name>
    <Path>C:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\Aerosoft\AirportController\APController.exe</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>
</SimBase.Document>
<Launch.Addon>
<Name>IvAp</Name>
<Disabled>False</Disabled>
<Path>C:\Program Files (x86)\IVAO\IvAp v2\ivap_fsx_bootstrap.dll</Path>
<Commandline></Commandline>
</Launch.Addon>

• Developer

So did you even try to check your file in a online validator? 

Alright, I'll just give it away...you or the IvAp installer probably copy-pasted the IvAp entry to the end of the file, making the whole xml invalid. 

Fix: Remove the line </SimBase.Document> and add it to the end of the file. This is the closing tag of the entire xml document. This action will make your xml valid again and SODE and all other modules can be loaded by the sim.

Not caused by SODE but it detected your corrupted sim configuration.

Archived