NavData Cycle 1613 not updating

Hello everyone,

I'm experiencing some issue with Navigraph FMS Data Manager, I've updated all my addons with the latest navdata cycle successfully, and apparently PFPX as well. In the Navigraph FMS Data Manager it appears in green as properly updated. However when launching PFPX I see in the bottom that the current cycle is 1612, which is now outdated.

I've tried everything I've thought could fix this; I've carefully checked the route to the NavData folder and everything seems to be OK: ("C:\Users\Public\Documents\PFPX Data").

Is anyone having this problem too? Any ideas to solve this, please?

Thank you in advance!

I am not sure but I think there is a time problem if you update as soon as the new AIRAC is available. Also depending of the part of the world you are. If you set your computer to a past date from the AIRAC (say 8th or 9th December) this should work. Of course you can go back to the present date after updating.

Regards,

JP

Hi Tom,

It isn't working for me, see some snapshots:

Please login to display this image.

I don't know what may be causing this...

Regards,

Joti

• Deputy Sheriffs

Please take a look into the following file to see what version of the nav data is installed for your PFPX:

• c:\Users\Public\Documents\PFPX Data\NavData\cycle_info.txt

Hi Tom,

Apparently the latest cycle is installed:

AIRAC cycle    : 1613
Version        : 1
Valid (from/to): 08/DEC/2016 - 04/JAN/2017

Forum          : http://forum.navigraph.com

Data provided by Navigraph - www.navigraph.com - Source data copyright (c) 2016 Jeppesen
This data may be used for ground based recreational computer game
simulation software only, and may not be recompiled, interpreted,
or distributed for any purpose without the written consent of Navigraph.
The contents of this database is dated and must not be used for real
world navigation as it is unlawful and unsafe to do so.

Parser-Version : DFD v1.0 16.1123 (c) Richard Stefan
Files parsed on: 23/11/2016

But it's weird that the program doesn't seem to recognize it, so I'm not completely sure if the actual cycle in my PFPX is 1613 or 1312...

What do you think?

Thanks!
Joti

• Deputy Sheriffs
1 hour ago, joti411 said:

so I'm not completely sure if the actual cycle in my PFPX is 1613 or 1312...

It is what it tells you (for what reason ever): 1612.

I actually can't see a connection, but it might be worth a try to delete PFPXs temp folder.

Do do so, close PFPX and delete the folder:

• C:\Users\Public\Documents\PFPX Data\Temp

Hi Tom, 

Firstly thanks for your help, it is much appreciated.

I've deteled the Temp folder but it still appears NG1612 as the active cycle on the right side of the bottom bar.

I'll try again tomorrow to update the cycle and see if it works, although my hopes are low on this.

Thanks anyway for your ideas!

Joti

Hello Joti,

Run the FMS Data Manager with elevated admin privileges.

If PFPX still doesn't indicate 1613 then post the 'date modifed' of the navdata.nav file located C:\Users\Public\Documents\PFPX Data\NavData

• Deputy Sheriffs

Adding to that: is it by any chance possible that you had PFPX running while running the FMS Data Manager?

In that case it might be possible that the manager was able to update the cycle_info.txt file, but not the navdata.nav file. Hence Stephan's question for the "modified" file date.

Hi Stephen, Tom,

Thanks for your replies. 

Answering to your question Tom; yes PFPX was closed everytime I tried to update it through Navigraph FMS Data Manager.

Apparently the cycle_info and the navdata files are up to date according to the modified file date; see some snapshots below:

Perhaps the AIRAC cycle in my PFPX is updated but the program doesn't "recognize" it although the routes, waypoints etc are up to date. 

Interestingly all my other addons; PMDG's, ActiveSky 2016, ProATC-X, TopCat... are properly updated... my only issue is with PFPX.

Joti

Archived