Topcat Aircraft Database

Schönen guten Abend,

Ich benutze seit Jahren Topcat und PFPX. Und nun mit meinem Homecockpit würde ich gerne meine Topcat DB anpassen auf meinen Sim.

Leider meldet sich von Flightsimsoft niemad auf meine Emails oder sonstiges.

Weiss zufällig jemand, mit welchem Programm ich die Aircraft Datei (.acft) von Topcat öffnen kann? Umbennen in .mdb und mit Access öffnen klappt mal so nicht.

Hat jemand ne Ahnung?

*** English version ***

Hi guys,

since years i am using Topcat and PFPX. And together with my 777 Sim, i would like to adjust some aircraft profiles or aircraft databases of topcat.

Unfortunately no one from Flightsimsoft is answering my mails so far.

Does anyone know, how i am able to open those .acft files? Its a normal database and renaming into .mdb and opening with access is not working.

Any clue?

Greetings

Hi,

I had contact in the past with the developer, as I also asked, how to add additional aircrafts. This file is no database. It's more a compiled code of C style definitions according to the developer. It would be great, if that piece of software could be published or a open interface would be added. But obviously there are no intentions to do this. So a very valuable piece of software is quite unusable today, as many aircraft types used today are not available.

But there is no chance to edit these files with available tools according to the information I got.

Rgds

Reinhard

Hi Reinhard,

thanks a lot for your insights. I have been writing them via mail and their support homepage now.

As they are anyhow not suppporting Topcat anymore, closed down their forum, etc... it would be great if someone anyhow they dont seem to care anymore, would answer on my mails or requests.

Just to know, they are still there and caring a little bit about their costumers. Understandable that i am a little disappointed about their level of support.

And yes, it would be a good program, if they would open up and let us know how to program own aircraft files or how to edit them.

Regards

Marco

Archived