Hello,

After a very long FS pause, almost 4 years, I am returning, and just purchased PFPX. I installed last version from web site, bought the download version, received the activation key, rebooted the computer, but when I tried to load the application, nothing happens, I don not even have the short cut on desk, I have to go to the flight one software to find it.

I am running, still for FS9 on XP service pack 3, fully updated to the latest before they decided to end support.

Thanks for your help

Cyrille de LATTRE

• Deputy Sheriffs

Do you have the PFPX.exe file in the folder you installed PFPX into?

Please start the PFPX.exe file from there as Administrator.

If this comes out with the same result please follow the instructions in this topic and report back:

• Deputy Sheriffs

Please check your Windows event log (eventvwr.exe, Windows Logs -> Application) if you find any error log written by PFPX.exe in there.

If so, please post it here.

Hi,

I can confirm that for me it was also not possible to get PFPX v1.28.4 running under OS Windows XP SP3. Tried everything offered here but to no avail.

But there are good news as well.

1. get PFPX v1.26 from FSS Download page

2. uninstall any Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable(x86) if NOT 14.0.23026

3. install PFPX v1.26

That's it.

BTW getting PFPX v1.26 from FSS download page can be a little tricky ;-).

Hello,

Judith sent me earlier today a link to get version 1.25. I just installed it and registered it so yes, 1.25 did work. in her mail she said to stick for instance with this one. Thus what should I do 1.26 or 1.25... That is the question...

Cyrille

• Deputy Sheriffs

If v1.25 works for you and you don't want to experiment any further, just stick with it.

If you feel like giving v1.26 a try, do it ;) 

I can play a bit, but for you to know that 1.25 is not installing in the same folder as 1.27 which is installing in C programm files aerosoft. here 1.25 is installing itself in C programm files professional flight planer. using navigraph FMS adon maager, it seem nav data is not installing in the same path as 1.27 and 1.28. It is going into C:\Documents and Settings\Cyrille de Sabine\[PUBLIC]\Documents\PFPX Data\NavData\[PUBLIC]\Documents\PFPX Data\NavData.

Any good idea...

Cyrille

• Deputy Sheriffs

You can point the installation folder to where ever you want to install it to. 

That strange looking folder is just a set of folder links which should finally end up in the same location as the previous versions.

Sorry to jump in again.

We are talking about Windows XP SP3?! The above shown path in #13 is at all not correct.

After installation PFPX program and data are separated.

As Tom wrote, you can install PFPX in the given path or you choose a different one.

The data area is in 'c:\ Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\PFPX Data\'.

Navigraph AIRAC finds this path on its own.

Choose 'Backup previous...' to have a backup of the original NavDataPro AIRAC.

Hans

I have tried to install the update 1.26 over the 1.25, but the installer of 1.26 update does not find the already installed 1.25 version, thus requesting the original install...

The 1.26 is looking for original install in C program files aerosoft. but the default path for 1.25 is C program files processionnal flight planner.

Cyrille

Hi Cyrille,

why not uninstall v1.25 first, reboot the PC and install v1.26 to the default path? Ok, you have to install NavData AIRAC again but that takes nearly no extra time.

BTW clean up the program and data area after uninstall of v1.25.

Jan

Archived