Mathijs Kok

Barcelona X Evolution preview

Tom A320    2929
11 hours ago, Vee1 said:

Well, if you know what happened to Aerosoft's first take of Rome Fiumicino airport (was created by another company)...

And what exactly do you want to tell us with this not even remotely connected "comparison" ?

You will either like the released product, or not. There are lots of (and will even more) chances to get an idea of the product prior of buying it. You will not be forced to buy it.

So instead of drawing totally wrong conclusions or trying to draw connections between totally unrelated things, I would really like to ask you to not do anything like this here in the forums. Thank you.

11 hours ago, Vee1 said:

I'm not saying it's going to be near as bad as that first Rome, my point is, the community more and more are asking for better and better products, and with the tech we have I think

Actually, with your arguing you do!  Just compare FSX sceneries being released 5-10 years ago with sceneries being released today. Where exactly do you miss your "better and better products"?

PS: no need to answer to this post, as it would be way too far off-topic in this preview topic.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

Vee1    5
1 hour ago, Mathijs Kok said:

But we will need MANY more images to show how it looks when the sun is NOT behind but in from (the glass tends to go into yellow spectrum ad be more reflective, right?) to get all these things right. 

I'll be honest, we hate these 'I found this image and I think it should look like this' posts. They are often asking the impossible. FSX does not allow us to set the thickness of the total glass the light has to go through. And that is ALL that determines how green glass looks. Glass is green. One pane is a little green, your image shows in some locations 12 panes of glass making it very green. If we make all glass green people will tell us it is not a greenhouse.

If you have serious photographic evidence, using many images in different light conditions, preferably with color matching (in your image concrete looks green), it will help us a lot. It's like cockpit images. We have had at least 200 messages the colors in our Airbus cockpit are wrong. And all of those come with image showing it should be darker, lighter, more green, more blue etc. But NONE of these images came with a color corrected image as we do when we measure the colors in standard conditions. And all of these customers believe we did it wrong and will not believe that the image their iPhone 3 made at 18:00 is not the real color. It's like sound, you can never win.

I understand your frustration about the colors. Here are some more normal-hour day photos. The best way to see it is to come and visit our Terminal 1 and see it. Once you are there, no one cannot say it's not green. It even has a green hue to it inside. The good thing though, looking the exterior from the interior, you don't see it green. I'm not asking to recreate the thickness of the glass. If you do come to see Barcelona Terminal 1, tell me, I'd love to meet you in person!

P.S.: I have some videos of my trips from Barcelona in many times of the day, you'll be able to see the colour there as well. My handle in YouTube is "Vee One". Look at the last SAS flight I took from Barcelona or others I have there.

PS: links placed!

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_WCyjKH-P1qc/TA-A_n19NyI/AAAAAAAAAHY/6GDbFg0J_HU/s1600/AB_Ext1.jpg

http://l7.alamy.com/zooms/71e7e0d9c21e4a65a7acab310328c92d/airborne-view-over-terminal-1-international-airport-el-prat-barcelona-d670y8.jpg

http://www.barcelonaconnect.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/Barcelona-El-Prat-Airport.jpg

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 2

Vee1    5
1 hour ago, Tom A320 said:

And what exactly do you want to tell us with this not even remotely connected "comparison" ?

You will either like the released product, or not. There are lots of (and will even more) chances to get an idea of the product prior of buying it. You will not be forced to buy it.

So instead of drawing totally wrong conclusions or trying to draw connections between totally unrelated things, I would really like to ask you to not do anything like this here in the forums. Thank you.

Actually, with your arguing you do!  Just compare FSX sceneries being released 5-10 years ago with sceneries being released today. Where exactly do you miss your "better and better products"?

PS: no need to answer to this post, as it would be way to far off-topic in this preview topic.

Tom, I am just trying to help you as a company because I am sure I can. I am proud of my airport. I was only answering a person, giving him a point, not slapping you or no one. Every airport-maker learns of their mistakes. I was never talking of Aerosoft at any moment, even though Aerosoft was concerned. Giving me minuses when I was already positive in my first post, trying to help Aerosoft I believe is wrong. I'm here to help, not troll. All the photos and hints, my time to make yours the best one out there are there to prove it.

OPabst    1537
Vor 1 Stunde, Vee1 sagte:

Tom, I am just trying to help you as a company because I am sure I can. I am proud of my airport. I was only answering a person, giving him a point, not slapping you or no one. Every airport-maker learns of their mistakes. I was never talking of Aerosoft at any moment, even though Aerosoft was concerned. Giving me minuses when I was already positive in my first post, trying to help Aerosoft I believe is wrong. I'm here to help, not troll. All the photos and hints, my time to make yours the best one out there are there to prove it.

Every developer will be thankfull for any help from persons, which have local knowlage and can help, with actual material from onside.

But, those person never start there interest to help with attacks againest the developers or makes statements like "every airport-maker learns of their mistakes".

Your help here is only based on some shots, everybody can provide, that don't qualify you in any form.

Specialy in case of simwings, you try to correct here. The developer is well known by personal visits the local side, make 100rd of photos of all parts of the area.

This will be differnet to others you talked about here, but this will be also result in different products.

When you are realy want to help, you shoud take the time to read again your 5 posts  ( first after your registration years ago) and take the time to think about, if the words you use can be helpful to fullfil your goal you seams to have.

I know this airport by several personal visits my self, have the actual state of the simwings development on my PC, as well as privious released products of other developers.

This give me a personal view to compare all variations with the real world, but will not give me the right to make any public statement, which one is better or not. 

But I am aware, that simwings will take care about the real world, even when not every minor detail will be included.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

Vee1    5
1 hour ago, OPabst said:

Every developer will be thankfull for any help from persons, which have local knowlage and can help, with actual material from onside.

But, those person never start there interest to help with attacks againest the developers or makes statements like "every airport-maker learns of their mistakes".

Your help here is only based on some shots, everybody can provide, that don't qualify you in any form.

Specialy in case of simwings, you try to correct here. The developer is well known by personal visits the local side, make 100rd of photos of all parts of the area.

This will be differnet to others you talked about here, but this will be also result in different products.

When you are realy want to help, you shoud take the time to read again your 5 posts  ( first after your registration years ago) and take the time to think about, if the words you use can be helpful to fullfil your goal you seams to have.

I know this airport by several personal visits my self, have the actual state of the simwings development on my PC, as well as privious released products of other developers.

This give me a personal view to compare all variations with the real world, but will not give me the right to make any public statement, which one is better or not. 

But I am aware, that simwings will take care about the real world, even when not every minor detail will be included.

You got me wrong. I did not attack. What my point was, to say it very plainly, was that a respectable company like Aerosoft wasn't going to accept just any developers airport if it didn't have a minimum of quality. That was totally apart from the BCN scenery discussed here. My point was that quality and aquaracy of the scenery, in this case BCN airport, is important, especially for those of us living in this country. If I hurt anyone in this thread I want to apologize. It was never my intention.

I did not only shared some photos (sorry about the copyright thing, I have the links to those photos that are not mine) but as I mentioned to Mathjis, I have various videos in YouTube in different day-light conditions and many more are there that are of others that show the green hue of the windows seen from outside. If SimWings does not want to do it that way, it's perfectly in their right. I won't hate them. I just thought i'd throw in the idea of making the airport more...visually real. Note that the windows used in The older Terminal 2 are different. I have used both terminals especially T1 more than many in this forum. Even though you only need to be there once in the daytime to see it ;)

Have a good one!

Vee1    5
1 hour ago, OPabst said:

( first after your registration years ago)

Wrong. I have many more, just my post counter got reset somehow. Mathjis can tell you I've had many more posts before. Maybe it got reset after some new software update in the forum. Who knows...

OPabst    1537
vor 5 Minuten, Vee1 sagte:

Wrong. I have many more, just my post counter got reset somehow. Mathjis can tell you I've had many more posts before. Maybe it got reset after some new software update in the forum. Who knows...

Keep your words contolled! My account is much older, all my more then over 11.500 posts are still present over many updates of the forum software. Maybe yours was reseted, but this don't change anything in you "actual" posting presents.

btw, any person, which we used as thrustable source, will post here with there name, when not in there nic name, minimum in there signature or are in person known by events we meet them. Vee1 without a signature is a poster, not less, not more.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Anders Bermann    506

He's "treated like a criminal" because of the way he opened, with his first post on the forum. It got everybody's defenses up, which I kinda understand.

If you read the correspondence, it started off with something which sounded like an attack towards the whole project, where he then dragged the cancelled Rome project into it - which is totally unrelated to this project.

Also, to support his claimes, that the modelling of the glass and terminal building is wrong (in his opinion), he showed some photos from Google Maps (or Earth?) which can be found everywhere. Also he forgot the first rule of thumb of such things - never trust photos found on the web, in terms of comparission, coloring and measurment. As Oliver above already pointed out, he haven't presented any merits or evidence (so far) which qualify him to be judge of the work of the scenery. 

• Upvote 1

Vee1    5

To the people here that think I'm here to mandate developers how to do things: I am not. I don't care how they do it, I don't care if they paint the Terminal in pink.

I only was trying to give some ideas on how to make it better than the two already in the market pointing out some things like the quality (that's why I spoke about Rome -being a mega airport also-, pointing out that customers want good products and detailed too, not to flame any company, as I said before).

Musjo, if you got upset and defensive at my first post with a photo I took myself and comparing it with a screenshot...? No wonder people don't dare to talk, even when wanting to help. I see people in this forum that say that the product is wonderful get the positives. We, that want to help giving some positive criticism to help make the product better, get flamed. Some people here are way too defensive.

The one cartographic screenshot I took was of the Catalan Government Cartographic service photo of Terminal's 1 roof.

Again I'll say. I don't really care how SimWings finally releases this airport, they will of course do it the way they please. Some take advice, some thanks for the advice and takes it and some don't listen.

After all, sales will tell. The customer votes with his/her pocket at the end of the day. I wish Aerosoft and Simwings the best.

• Upvote 2

Vee1    5
7 hours ago, Autopiloth said:

Hi,

after coming accross the last posts a short note from the developer:
We appreciate every help/hint while developing sceneries, also about glas tint. And as I wrote before: the screenshots are WIP. So please finally judge our work when it is available to the public and all concerns/hints/suggestion made or didn´t made their way into the final release. Regarding the glass tint: It is allready green and seeing it from different angles shows how it becomes more or less green depending on sunlight, daytime etc. So finally we have to fine tune it when all 3D work is done.
And to all locals who are affraid of not getting the "real" airport: I´m "half" local as well as my son is living and working in Barcelona and I had the opportunity to take airport pictures and make visits for several times (and will continue). So no worries here, please.
But ofcourse we cannot rebuilt the airport to every smallest detail, as it is still a real time simulation that has ALLWAYS to be a simplification of the reality.

Thorsten, sim-wings.

Thanks for your reply Thorsten! You're a breath of fresh air.

All the best for you and your team!

Vee One    32

Great photos and great to hear about the surrounding area, Thorsten! Can't wait to see the city of Sabadell... you know we have a very important VOR there! :)

P.S. I imagine and hope it'll blend with ORBX Global...

• Upvote 1

bradley27    23

Can you ensure the night street lighting that ORBX uses to work with this large area?

This is a big loss with the Belearic Evo projects and FlyTampa Dubai...

Autopiloth    271
Vor 1 Stunde, bradley27 sagte:

Can you ensure the night street lighting that ORBX uses to work with this large area?

This is a big loss with the Belearic Evo projects and FlyTampa Dubai...

No I can´t.
Afaik ORBX is using a technique that will be overwritten by the use of SDK photo landclass scenery.
So the only one who could change this is ORBX themself.

But as an option you can use the airport solely without the big city area.

• Upvote 3