Mathijs Kok

Barcelona X Evolution preview

Flaps    38
On 11/12/2016 at 2:58 AM, Eduard Gasull said:

in fact i have never bougth an airport that dosnt have the posibility to move the jetway with aes or sode or CTR + J

Same here, thats why I dont buy sceneries from RFS and similar.

In 2017, moving jetways is a must for me.

• Upvote 4

jenstt    13

Any chance for an update anytime soon? It's been 1,5 month now, would be nice to see some progress on the project :) 

OPabst    1536
Vor 1 Stunde, jenstt sagte:

Any chance for an update anytime soon? It's been 1,5 month now, would be nice to see some progress on the project :) 

You will see it, when it is as far as not to need to explain that it is not finished in all what you see. The developers have in the past often see discussions about the final product after work in process screenshots, only because some person don't understand, that the important things will change in the last 10% of the project.

You can show first steps of local areas or full far view at the beginning, but trust me, not in the last section, before you go in final testing.

It's like a girl will post her wedding dress, all parts included, but the needles are still in present;)

I made my first flights there, knowing to ignore the needles :)

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

WebMaximus    255

Already looks great, thanks for sharing :) 

Will it work with all versions of P3Dv3 or P3Dv3.4 exclusively so I know if there's a reason for me to wait for this one?

See this discussion for background for my question.

Autopiloth    271
vor 2 Stunden , WebMaximus sagte:

Already looks great, thanks for sharing :) 

Will it work with all versions of P3Dv3 or P3Dv3.4 exclusively so I know if there's a reason for me to wait for this one?

See this discussion for background for my question.

Well, I don´t get the point: What is the problem with the latest release 3.4.22.x?

• Upvote 2

WebMaximus    255
31 minutes ago, Autopiloth said:

Well, I don´t get the point: What is the problem with the latest release 3.4.22.x?

It's described in detail in the post I linked to but in short it has to do with what method is used for the ground textures where the method used in the latest airports from MT Studios has been found to be compatible with 3.4 exclusively and no previous versions of P3Dv3.

Autopiloth    271
vor 16 Minuten, WebMaximus sagte:

It's described in detail in the post I linked to but in short it has to do with what method is used for the ground textures where the method used in the latest airports from MT Studios has been found to be compatible with 3.4 exclusively and no previous versions of P3Dv3.

Yes, I got that allready, but what´s the (your) problem to update to the most recent version and stay with old 3.2?

Btw: Wouldn´t it be easy for you to transfer the ground of the MK Studios FSX version to your P3D 3.2 Version and skip the P3D 3.4 ground?

Mathijs Kok    22721
30 minutes ago, WebMaximus said:

I know this is a big issue for you WebMaximus, but as I explained it is simply impossible to guarantee compatibility with all the versions of P3d V3. It would mean weeks and weeks of test. And that is simply not going to happen. When we release a product it will ONLY be tested on the version of the sim that is at that moment current. So no FSX:SP1, no P3dD V3.2. I like to close this discussion as it makes little sense to hash it over again and again.

• Upvote 1

OPabst    1536

Hi Mathijs,

let me add one point, to make clear what such a request means:

Before LM add the possibility to layer Grounds based on the FSX Material definition, most parts of the ground needed to be done by the old technologie, based on the FS2002 SDK, which are still part of the P3D code. But now, the developers have the code base to change this situation to a much more efficent technologie, but this is not compatible to privious P3D version.

Everybody will find in the net reviews and comments, where addons are downgraded, because they are using "old" code, now it is requested ;)

No User was pushed to change his plattfrom to P3D ( as all addons still support FSX, only the FS2004 user are now lost, after 13 years - like Windows XP users btw).

Everybody who needs stayable plattforms has the option to use FSX SP2 or FS9, there no plattform update will happen in the next 100 years!

When you want to be part of technolocial process, like P3D, you need to go the way. Same situation will happen in near future for Users of x-plane 10 and I don't want to think about the release of P3D V4.

Every FS User in this World, who has not the possibility to change his hardware to handle FSX or P3D, and needs to use FS2004, will see the problem of the User Webmaximus as a very far away Luxus problem.

And as Mathijs say it correct, not even yet is anybody willing to pay for the invest needed to have a FS9,FSX Version and a P3D V1,V2,V3.0,V3.1,... Version within one product.

To go back to topic, Simwings Barcelona will use the newest available technologie for all parts they are available. We can see in the past and can pick the best off it, but we could not see in the future, so what is possible yet will an can be used, nothing less, nothing more.

• Upvote 3

WebMaximus    255

OK guys, I got all the answers I need to know how to proceed.

For some of the questions asked such as why I (and again I'm far from the only one) have decided to go back to 3.2 after trying out 3.4 twice this is well explained in previous posts on the subject.

As for the continuous development of the platform (P3D) I'm all in supporting new versions with my wallet. This however doesn't mean I will support versions of the platform that introduces issues meaning I won't allow me to enjoy the platform which is the case with version 3.4. I do prefer to end my flights at my destination rather than on my desktop.

I think we're done here.

Hi Aerosoft/SimWings team!:lol:

Maybe it's a stupid question but can we expect the product on sale anytime soon? Asking because LatinVFR's BCN just came and I really want a Barcelona scenery in my sim and I've been thinking on buying it, but if it's on "short final" then I prefer to wait because AS's looks stunning!!!:wub:

Thanks, 

Adam

OPabst    1536
vor 5 Minuten, tecnogamer19 sagte:

Hi Aerosoft/SimWings team!:lol:

Maybe it's a stupid question but can we expect the product on sale anytime soon? Asking because LatinVFR's BCN just came and I really want a Barcelona scenery in my sim and I've been thinking on buying it, but if it's on "short final" then I prefer to wait because AS's looks stunning!!!:wub:

Thanks, 

Adam

If you are a junky, who needs his drugs now, have the money to buy a new one next time, feel free to spend it.

And only because another dealer is on the place, Simwings will not pushout the product with a low unfinished quality. 

You may know, the best comes last ;)

• Upvote 3

Vee1    5

Hi Aerosoft/SimWings, Barcelona is my home airport. I want to point out that Barcelona's Terminal 1 windows have a green hue to them, as shown in the photo I took yesterday arriving from Helsinki. I see in your screenshot they are totally transparent...I sure hope you take it into account.

Also you can see the roof has two visible "lines" (two types of roof plates) which I see yours doesn't have.

I imagine you are working at it as the screenshots are work in progress.

Andreu

IMG_2123.JPG

IMG_2134.thumb.JPG.06e201ce6253fb7212ca605176cdb881.JPG

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

PatrickZ    205
2 hours ago, Tom Knudsen said:

Will it be XP11 released

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

It has been mentioned multiple times that it'll be FSX/P3D. Maybe there will be an X-Plane convertion at some point in the future, but I can't say for sure. For now everything you see on the screenshots is FSX/P3D.

• Upvote 1

bradley27    23
On 5/7/2017 at 6:01 PM, Vee1 said:

Hi Aerosoft/SimWings, Barcelona is my home airport. I want to point out that Barcelona's Terminal 1 windows have a green hue to them, as shown in the photo I took yesterday arriving from Helsinki. I see in your screenshot they are totally transparent...I sure hope you take it into account.

Also you can see the roof has two visible "lines" (two types of roof plates) which I see yours doesn't have.

I imagine you are working at it as the screenshots are work in progress.

Andreu

If you rewind to the first batch of previews you'll notice the glass is the terminal is the green shade you suggested...Im sure they'll deliver

Vee1    5
4 hours ago, bradley27 said:

If you rewind to the first batch of previews you'll notice the glass is the terminal is the green shade you suggested...Im sure they'll deliver

Strange they took the green hue away in the newer shots... Another thing they should work with is the roof of Terminal 1, if they are not doing it already. The competition has done so. If Simwings wants to be the king of Barcelona airport, they really should get the details there, even more when they know what the competition has released already. The roof as of now lacks a lot. I hope they don't overlook it. Simwings are putting their name at stake with Barcelona. I know the community is looking and will judge the best "edition" regardless of the company tag...

Here is another shot of the top of part of the Terminal 1 roof. Hope it helps!

IMG_2145.PNG

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Anders Bermann    506
18 minutes ago, Vee1 said:

... Simwings are putting their name at stake with Barcelona. ...

Isn't that a bit of an exaggeration...?

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Mathijs Kok    22721
On 5/8/2017 at 6:20 PM, Tom Knudsen said:

Will it be XP11 released

No. This topic is about the FS version.

Tom Knudsen    5
2 hours ago, Tom Knudsen said: Will it be XP11 released

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

It has been mentioned multiple times that it'll be FSX/P3D. Maybe there will be an X-Plane convertion at some point in the future, but I can't say for sure. For now everything you see on the screenshots is FSX/P3D.

Well did not bother to read the entire thread, also dont care about games like FSX and P3D. Thank you for the info sir ;)

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

• Downvote 11

Vee1    5
9 minutes ago, KingMusjo said:

Isn't that a bit of an exaggeration...?

Well, if you know what happened to Aerosoft's first take of Rome Fiumicino airport (was created by another company)...

This happened: 

And then this: 

I'm not saying it's going to be near as bad as that first Rome, my point is, the community more and more are asking for better and better products, and with the tech we have I think it's possible.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4