Mathijs Kok

Barcelona X Evolution preview

PatrickZ    205
On 6-12-2016 at 0:43 PM, Mathijs Kok said:

Sure, but keep in mind we are running out of airports (that sell) and there are more development teams.

Just take a look at my wishlist in the request topic, there's quite a list of airports that are in need of a good scenery. Maybe not all of them will sell, but certainly a number of them. So don't tell me you're running out of airports, there's at least three years of work to get that list done.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Eduard Gasull    142
On 7/12/2016 at 0:13 PM, Emanuel Hagen said:

No professional customer cares about SODE updates. They wouldn't use them anyway since that is not what they use their simulators for. So that has fairly low priority for updates.

Edit: The term "professional customer" refers to companies using our sceneries in their commercial simulators.

For example airlines who use them to get a more accurate representation of their homebase during pilot training.
Those do not use SODE as they do not care about moving jetways, etc. That's not the purpose of their simulators and thus not among the functions they want to see.

They rather care about the "being there" feeling to.

I should rephrase the last part of the statement. Instead of "So that has fairly low priority for updates." I should rather have written: "So professional customer demand gives a SODE update a rather low priority".

I hope this sets it straight.

proffesional customer? look i love to move the jetaway, i love gsx and i love details,  For me its a huge update that the jetway moves or not, More details the product has,more realistic it seems. In the world of cinema thats wellknown. So i have spended maybe 600 euros in addons and hardware the last 3 years. I dont know whats your concept of professional customer but i prefer to spend my money in detailed scenery with animated jetways. in fact i have never bougth an airport that dosnt have the posibility to move the jetway with aes or sode or CTR + J

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Tom A320    2929

Emi referred to professional customers and even explained what professional customers are. They are customers for whom flight sim is not a hobby, unlike for you and for me and more or less all other users here in the forum. 

And for those customers moving jetways are of no importance. 

This is of course totally different with other customers, like you and me. 

But Emi wasn't talking about us. 

• Upvote 3

AirbusCG    64
vor 15 Stunden , Eduard Gasull sagte:

I dont know whats your concept of professional customer

Then read the edit and it might be a bit clearer for you.

Emanuel Hagen    4086
16 hours ago, Eduard Gasull said:

proffesional customer? look i love to move the jetaway, i love gsx and i love details,  For me its a huge update that the jetway moves or not, More details the product has,more realistic it seems. In the world of cinema thats wellknown. So i have spended maybe 600 euros in addons and hardware the last 3 years. I dont know whats your concept of professional customer but i prefer to spend my money in detailed scenery with animated jetways. in fact i have never bougth an airport that dosnt have the posibility to move the jetway with aes or sode or CTR + J

Eduard, please do not just read the first line of my post, but read the whole post, including my edit of the post that I made a few hours after posting it due to exactly the kind of confusion that came up with you now.

Basically, as the term "profession" already says, flight simulation is (part of) their job and not just their hobby.

As far as I know flight simulation is a hobby for you and with the term "professional customer" I refer to companies using our sceneries in mostly level D simulators.

As I also explained in a later post answering Richard there are completly different demands from the "professional" (I could also call it commercial) market and the entertainment market.

• Upvote 3

hkterry    0

I suggest this to be compatible with FTX Global and  HD CITIES - BARCELONA. I would like to enjoy flying in the sky of Barcelona rather than just using the jetway. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Emanuel Hagen    4086

It surely will be compatible with FTX Global, no worries!
Compability with HD Cities - Barcelona will have to be looked into. No promises on this one, but surely Thorsten can tell you more on it later during development.

Mathijs Kok    22721
On 12/7/2016 at 10:59 AM, Nthabti said:

Like the promised SODE update for Frankfurt that nobody seems to remember? B)

There WAS no promise. I was always honest and said it would be discussed with the  developer and project manager. That was done but so far did not lead to any results.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

Mathijs Kok    22721

So ask D'Andre where he got that from, it was not from us.

I only said I would discuss it and I did. If the developers do not want it it will not happen. These are projects where we are just the publisher, not projects we start and fully pay for and thus decide on the content. With a royalty deal we only decide if we want to publish it as is offered. In this case we decided we wanted to release it as it was.

And let's close the that line of discussion with that. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

busychild    20

Something with the forum must be wrong as i didn't see my post anymore. But here it is again (btw: in case somebody removed my post it would be awesome to get some information why that happened):

On 12.12.2016 at 09:34, Mathijs Kok sagte:

There WAS no promise. I was always honest and said it would be discussed with the  developer and project manager. That was done but so far did not lead to any results.

Sorry but this isn't true. It was officially announced by @Fabian Boulegue in the LiveStream. Please see my post:

As others stated there were also some forum posts about it but nobody can find it anymore...

If you don't want me to post this in this topic you're welcome to answer the questions in the topic mentioned above (where several users are waiting for an answer since 14th of october) and remove my post.

Thanks and best regards

Mathijs Kok    22721

I deleted your post because I asked for this line of discussion to be closed and that we should return to the correct topic.

To close the EDDF discussion, as far as my information goes there are no plans to add SODE. If somebody finds that problematic  I suggest discussing it with the developers. 

Feel free to discuss the EDDF issue in the Mega Airport support forum where it belongs. Not here.

• Upvote 4

JoeC    15
5 hours ago, tecnogamer19 said:

Hi Aerosoft/Simwings team, any update about the progress of the project??:rolleyes:

Thanks for the answer in advance, Adam

It's Christmas....(ik it's not today, but people are still off.)

Folepajma    0

Happy to know about the rebuilding of the airport of my city!

Before finishing the product, are you going to put the Iberia Hangar?

Regards and thx for this excelent new!

On 12/2/2017 at 5:42 PM, Mathijs Kok said:

I will try to get info.

It's been a month now, were you able to get any info from the developer team???? It's a stunning project and I'm really looking forward to it!!!

PD: And btw on IVAO (Spanish Division) the next destination in the voting for the IFR17 tour looks to be Barcelona so It would be nice to have her on the upcoming weeks.....but I totally understand if that isn't possible.....

41 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Sorry I simply do not have any new information at this time.

Allright, no problem and thanks for the fast answer!!;)