Mathijs Kok

Barcelona X Evolution preview

AirbusCG    64
vor 1 minute, Autopiloth sagte:

I don´t know why, but maybe they are facing the rough reality that in France everything is different and you need a payed license for rebuilding the architecture of the airports. And a payed photo permission. As well as, of course allways, licenced aerial pictures...

So that's why they needed to ask the comunity for photos of the airport and the like. They even spare that little money that would be required to make a good airport.
Heck I will surely not buy anything from them!

• Upvote 1

WebMaximus    255
1 hour ago, Autopiloth said:

Yes, we definetly would like to state that clearly. But since we are facing several competitors who want to make (quick) sceneries of our portfolio we simply can´t. They don´t tell us anything about projects or releases in such early stage. Giving the competitors a timeframe of our work would put them into a good position and we are left stupid.
Same with Paris CDG of T2G. It was announced (yes, a great exception) long time ago. Main reason why we put our new version on hold for a while. Now a lot of time has passed and no new T2G Paris CDG had been released. I don´t know why, but maybe they are facing the rough reality that in France everything is different and you need a payed license for rebuilding the architecture of the airports. And a payed photo permission. As well as, of course allways, licenced aerial pictures...
But this is just pure speculation. But what I know for sure is that we will release a new Paris CDG Evo Scenery, but as I explained I cannot say when. Sorry.

Thanks for sharing your view on this, all valid points and hearing you guys will do a new CDG was the best news I've had in a long time!

marcon8122    47

Simply some competitors doesn't care if some one is already doing something I remember time ago there was a kind of fair play between devs usually a scenery in development will be not started I some one is doing it. Now seem that is a rate. Provably people like this kind of fast dev but in my opinion the most damaged are costumers paying for something done quickly just to be putted on the market. I know is ammoyng wait but to do things well time is needed.

Inviato dal mio SM-T113 utilizzando Tapatalk

Mathijs Kok    22721

Sure, but keep in mind we are running out of airports (that sell) and there are more development teams. 

For us there are other factors in play as well, we need to keep our portfolio of professional airports (so for real big sims) up to date for example.

FWAviation    346
vor 3 Stunden , Autopiloth sagte:

Yes, we definetly would like to state that clearly. But since we are facing several competitors who want to make (quick) sceneries of our portfolio we simply can´t. They don´t tell us anything about projects or releases in such early stage. Giving the competitors a timeframe of our work would put them into a good position and we are left stupid.
Same with Paris CDG of T2G. It was announced (yes, a great exception) long time ago. Main reason why we put our new version on hold for a while. Now a lot of time has passed and no new T2G Paris CDG had been released. I don´t know why, but maybe they are facing the rough reality that in France everything is different and you need a payed license for rebuilding the architecture of the airports. And a payed photo permission. As well as, of course allways, licenced aerial pictures...
But this is just pure speculation. But what I know for sure is that we will release a new Paris CDG Evo Scenery, but as I explained I cannot say when. Sorry.

Thank you very much for the explanation, Thorsten! Although I reckon that it could actually be quite helpful to be transparent about planned projects (also on the long term) - namely exactly in order to prevent that customers buy competitors' sceneries because of the (wrong) assumption that there won't be an update of your older sceneries. It's sad enough that other developers exploit such announcements, but you could strike back (in a way) by pulling customers away from them. And in the end, I think (or at least hope) that high quality like the one that you deliver will always beat the quick and inevitably sloppy shots by other developers.

Nthabti    18
22 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

For us there are other factors in play as well, we need to keep our portfolio of professional airports (so for real big sims) up to date for example.

Like the promised SODE update for Frankfurt that nobody seems to remember? B)

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 4

Emanuel Hagen    4083

No professional customer cares about SODE updates. They wouldn't use them anyway since that is not what they use their simulators for. So that has fairly low priority for updates.

Edit: The term "professional customer" refers to companies using our sceneries in their commercial simulators.

For example airlines who use them to get a more accurate representation of their homebase during pilot training.
Those do not use SODE as they do not care about moving jetways, etc. That's not the purpose of their simulators and thus not among the functions they want to see.

They rather care about the "being there" feeling to.

I should rephrase the last part of the statement. Instead of "So that has fairly low priority for updates." I should rather have written: "So professional customer demand gives a SODE update a rather low priority".

I hope this sets it straight.

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 7

david.hilker    26
vor 1 hour , Nthabti sagte:

Like the promised SODE update for Frankfurt that nobody seems to remember? B)

Who is downgrading him for a totally justified question. I am also waiting for the update before I will buy it. That way I din't have to be upset if it is not coming...

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

Emanuel Hagen    4083
5 minutes ago, david.hilker said:

Who is downgrading him for a totally justified question. I am also waiting for the update before I will buy it. That way I din't have to be upset if it is not coming...

For example me because this is a Barcelona preview.

And within such it is not a justified question.

We have the Mega Airport support forums for such questions and there is a general forums as well.

Enough offtopic for now, further offtopic posts will be deleted.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Qseries    131
vor 3 Stunden , Emanuel Hagen sagte:

No professional customer cares about SODE updates. They wouldn't use them anyway since that is not what they use their simulators for. So that has fairly low priority for updates.

But for the simmers it has high priority. A lot of people would really like to switch to P3D, which is now definitely the future of flight simulation, but they can't because they don't want to miss moving jetways and AES is still not available for P3D. Others already switched to P3D giving up their moving jetways, but of coure they are missing them now.

EDIT: Excuse me for double posting

• Upvote 4

Er!k    198

Can you please give some more insights in the new features of this scenery? It looks like the coverage has been extended and some new buildings at the airport itself?

Autopiloth    271

I don´t know what let Emanual post a statement like that above about professional customers and SODE. This maid be his personal opinion but it is
IN NO WAY ours
and I guess also not Aerosoft´s. Of course we sell sceneries for professional purposes (simply because we got sometimes asked from pro companies),
but most, if not all of the revenue comes from all of us fellow flight simmers!
I hope he can clearify that.

Thorsten

• Upvote 4

WebMaximus    255
2 minutes ago, Autopiloth said:

I don´t know what let Emanual post a statement like that above about professional customers and SODE. This maid be his personal opinion but it is
IN NO WAY ours
and I guess also not Aerosoft´s. Of course we sell sceneries for professional purposes (simply because we got sometimes asked from pro companies),
but most, if not all of the revenue comes from all of us fellow flight simmers!
I hope he can clearify that.

Thorsten

Thanks Thorsten for this very refreshing statement but be careful so you don't get a warning for posting off-topic stuff ;)

• Upvote 1

Autopiloth    271
vor 2 Minuten, WebMaximus sagte:

Thanks Thorsten for this very refreshing statement but be careful so you don't get a warning for posting off-topic stuff ;)

I could give one myself :ph34r:

• Upvote 1

Emanuel Hagen    4083
2 hours ago, WebMaximus said:

So what you are indirectly saying here Emi (or is it Emanuel?) is that all people in here are considered as not very important customers to Aerosoft...?

Absolutely not Richard, I am sorry if it seemed like this.
I edited the post to make clear that my statement only reffered to commercial companies using our Addons for commercial purposes.

Those have very different demands from our usual customers for whom flight simulation is a hobby.

While the "typical" simmer wants high fidelity in terms of new unseen features, HD textures, moving jetways, terminal interiours, etc. the "commercial" customer is more after representing the actual feeling of the real airport so that the pilots training in their simulators get the feeling they have when seeing the real airport, which is mainly comprised by accurate sizes, positions, colours, etc. of buildings, which are not as important as HD textures, moving vehicles, 3D grass and what modern sceneries targetted at the enternainment market offer.

A pilot having his recurrency does not care whether the jetway at the gate moves to his plane or whether there are virtual people walking around a beautifully modelled 3D terminal interiour.
He will look more at the apron signs, the runways, the accuracy of the Navaids and the like. He sees moving jetways, passengers, etc. everyday in his life, so this is not important to him/her.
Those are two different markets for addons, which come with different demands that both have to be served.

Therefore the "professional" flight simulation market gives little demand for SODE updates.
Of course this is something totally different on the entertainment market. It was not my intention to imply that the entertainment market would not be important to us. It is. Very important in fact.

I hope this clarifies any uncertanties about my previous statement.

Ps.: I'll delete this whole discussion tomorrow so that we no longer unnecessarily spam the preview topic.

• Upvote 1