Mathijs Kok

Barcelona X Evolution preview

70 posts in this topic

Looks really nice and this is an airport I'm looking forward to!

Looks great. Do we get an discount for owning the first AS Barcelona or is this a new product? Thanks.

Wow, 3 dev's working on the same airport... good for competition for the best :)

Looks great btw :)

This really looks better than others good work

Inviato dal mio ASUS_Z017D utilizzando Tapatalk

45 minutes ago, olschelsea8 said:

Looks great. Do we get an discount for owning the first AS Barcelona or is this a new product? Thanks.

I would assume so!

I know the question may be a bit unfair because of you're planning long time ahead, but is it really necessary to have the third version of an airport within one year? There are already two other developers working on BCN, and one will release the next few days. Why does a company like simwings not focus on airports which are really missing and done by no-one, like the canary islands? As they are known to a lot of people from holiday flights, I would expect them to sell very well - much better than a single airport in the third version. I can barely understand this from a economic point of view, even with some professional customers. 

Thats what I hate atm. We have 3 developers now and we dont know which one is the best... 

I wish we had the same competition for some other places such as Paris...

Yeah, I know...this is about Barcelona and not any other airports ;)

Stunning quality, but unfortunately the wrong choice of airport. As said before, there are two other developers already working on the same airport so it's completely unneeded. Instead I'd rather see this stunning quality on another airport, there are lots to choose from that are in need of a good scenery.

Personally i don't like fast food like sceneries i'll wait for a more accurate rendering like this one. Probably other are faster and for a common user also the final product will be pretty good but looking deeply is always a product done fast just to put it on the market.

There maybe commercial contracts at play too remember which would require updated products for training, which other vendors may not cater for. Either way competition is a great thing to improve quality and completeness (we need more for x-plane too)

vor 2 Stunden , WebMaximus sagte:

I wish we had the same competition for some other places such as Paris...

Yeah, I know...this is about Barcelona and not any other airports ;)

There will be Taxi2Gates Paris in the next weeks ;) 

vor 7 Minuten, Autopiloth sagte:

The same double or tripple development of other devs will happen with Madrid

That sounds like there will be Madrid "Evolution" from Simwings and from LatinVFR B)

6 minutes ago, flusi748 said:

Really? If that's the case that is excellent news because I got tired even trying to find any progress info on that project.

50 minutes ago, flusi748 said:

Really? Do you have any source on that? 

According to their Facebook page, the most recent update, was that they had a lack of photo-material for the airport and was asking for help from the community. Since then, nothing.

I was under the impression that they put the project on hold...

Although I bought Barcelona some years ago, I am happy that developers like justsim bring airports that I like

to use as P3D V3 user. I am waiting for more then one year for updates for popular airports likes lisbon,dusseldorf, helsinki

and dublin , but there is no news at all if these airports will be ever upgraded for use in P3D V3.

vor 1 hour , WebMaximus sagte:

Really? If that's the case that is excellent news because I got tired even trying to find any progress info on that project.

Vor 1 Stunde, KingMusjo sagte:

According to their Facebook page, the most recent update, was that they had a lack of photo-material for the airport and was asking for help from the community. Since then, nothing.

If everything goes well the release will be this year. I will not name my source but he is working at Paris ^_^

vor 2 Stunden , KingMusjo sagte:

No that is not correct, if you look into the commentary section, they stated a few weeks ago, that they expect to release the product in december. 

Oh well - I didn't really look that closely as to browse through the commenting section! (Facebook was acting kinda weird for me).

In any case, we should probably stop this discussion. This is - after all - a thread about Barcelona X Evolution. Not really the place to discuss other developers/sceneries :lol:

But maybe it would be helpful if sim-wings could state clearly (either here or in a separate thread) which sceneries precisely they plan to redo and, if possible, when (at least roughly). I'm asking for that because I already had my wallet ready for Taxi2Gate's Paris-CDG version - but if I knew that sim-wings is planning a CDG update in the near future, I would possibly put my investment on hold and wait for their version. How about that, @Autopiloth?

vor 9 Stunden , Qseries sagte:

they expect to release the product in december. 

So another rushed buggy scenery where you fall through taxiway bridges like Munich? I'd never dare paying close to 30€ for one of their shitty sceneries again.
Munich was the last one I ever got from them and I regret paying for that. Bugs everywhere the eye can see which never got fixed.