CTD/Are hotfixes required with new install?

PhilH

Hi everyone,

I'm a first time user. I've been flying Majestic Q400 and PMDG 777 for years, but I finally bought the Aerosoft A318/319/320/321 a few days ago and I love it. I've always liked the complexity and depth of the PMDG 777 but sometimes it feels more like a chore than anything else, so it's amazing to be able to use the Aerosoft's "checklist" mode and fly without spending 2 hours preparing and reading manuals, good job guys.

I got an instant CTD last night while trying to delete (CLR) a waypoint further down my route, as I was descending. I searched online and found a bunch of threads referring to "hotfixes". Here's my question: If I bought the Airbus about 2 days ago (thus having the latest version), do I need all those hotfixes, or have they been implemented into the main install by now?

Luckily, I had saved a few minutes before so I simply reloaded and finished the flight by giving myself a DIR-TO instead of deleting the waypoint further down, the sim didn't crash this time.

Also, apologies if this whole post seems lazy (I haven't read through the whole manual yet), but as I'm here I figured I'll ask: is it normal that the FO's MFD is mirroring mine? As in, when I change my map range, it also change's the FO's?

Thank you very much!

Phil

Well, welcome to the Airbus Phil.

I flew all the PMDG airliners for some time myself (I no longer have them installed).  I was also a senior Beta Tester and Chief Shared Cockpit Tester on the Majestic Dash 8 Q400 Pro, which allowed me to enjoy that aircraft for over 5 years before it was released.  I also worked as a Beta Tester for the Airbus as well (yep, Shared Cockpit again).

I suspect a few updates might cure your problems.  Please see THIS THREAD and follow the instructions.  I'm confident that will fix things up for you, but if not then reach back out to me.

Given our similar experiences, feel free to stop by to meet me on the OVPA Voice Server (info on the OVPA Website).

Best wishes.

Hi Dave,

Thanks for your detailed response. I followed the steps but ran into a few issues. First, a couple of the Visual C++ files wouldn't install, because I don't have Microsoft Visual Studio or something. I did a little more research online and installed a few vcredist files, I think I'm all set. However, the main problem is the link to the hotfix is broken.

As my appcrashviewer says it's FMGS.dll that caused the crash, I'm pretty sure the hotfix would fix my problem. Is there a new link?

Thanks for the OVPA invite, I'll check that out, no idea what it is! I have quite a bit of flight sim experience but not as much computer knowledge as you do. I have a little real life flying experience and work as ATC.

Thanks,

Phil H

Thanks, I sent a ticket request.

I flew 2 legs last night, both about 1.5hrs long. I didn't even restart the sim betweens legs, used the DIR-TO function multiple times and it didn't crash! I'll still install the hotix when I get the link though, just in case.

Thanks a lot Dave. Your link works, I'll try to go crazy with DIR-TOs and CLRs with the MCDU and see what happens. As I said my last 2 flights we're fine (using the old dll). Do you plan on including the fixed dll with the next official update?

I hope you're doing better after hospital.

Thanks again,

Phil

We've tested the Hotfix for many months in the user base with a 100% success rate.  I'm confident you'll have the same results provided you completed the other tasks in the "Do This" thread.

Yes, it will be included in the next A320 series update, which will come sometime after the A330 release.

Best wishes.

Archived