AES not responding

bailout3

I have been using AES for years but recently have had some problems. I was using version 2.43 ...some airports aes worked fine then a couple didn't. Last one I tried was ROMA X . Parked correctly at a gate but got the usual message " Wait for ramp agent" ...he must be on lunch because he never comes. I went to the forums here and saw there was an update to 2.44. I downloaded it then decided to purchase some more aes credits plus FARO X. After I purchased and installed the new credits I received an error message "error reading data files"

then it said " data files newer then installed version...reinstall newest basepack which I have done twice. It says after the install it was successful but when aes loads it gives me the same error message. How do I get this to work? Should I uninstall previous base versions?

I would appreciate some help and please be detailed in explanation I really am not good at dealing with some aspects of the PC. I can give you the order number but not sure you want me to do that in public?

• Developer

Please give me some more infos:

- which FS Version you use, fs9, fsx sp2 or acc pack

- what is you OS Version Win 7,8 or 10?

- what changed since aes works ond now, beside the change of AES?

Fsx...sp2 windows10 the only thing I can think of I got a message after I downloaded one of my recent installations possibly Skiathos, Genoa, Munich...said something about change in sim objects might cause a problem with some addons. I cant remember the exact wording....mentioned changing sp3 to sp4...something like that.

Something I just noticed. I went to my downloads and see 7 downloads of version 2.43 then the eighth one is the latest one that is version 2.44 when I start the install on this one it gives the preliminary instructions but it says it is version 2.43a ...why would it revert back to the old version at this point?

Thinking it through again I think this is the order of things that occurred....I was in LIRF where I have been before when AES was working previously only this time the agent did not show up so I looked in the forum here and saw that there was a new installer 2.44 so I thought I would download it and see if it would make things work. I downloaded 2.44 without shutting FSX down until it got to the point where it would install it in fsx so I shut down FSX. Everything seemed to install ok but when I opened AES help it gave me the error reading data files and to reinstall the latest AES basepack. At that point I decided to purchase more AES so I could activate my new purchase of Faro and three other aerosoft airports that I owned and reinstall 2.44. this time after I downloaded 2.44 I watched closely in the install stage and noticed that the welcome screen said that the AES wizard was V2.43a. 

I clicked on the previous download which was 2.44 and when I did the same thing happened...when it got to the install window it said vr.243a. I now have 8 downloads for aes on my PC ..7 of them are 2.43 and one 2.44. Maybe I should delete all 8 of the downloads and do a new download of vr 2.44?  Any other suggestions?

OK I found out the problem. I previously purchased Faro on my previous PC. I purchased a new PC in August and have been reinstalling all my purchased addons from 3 companies. I could not find Faro in any of the companies I had accounts but AES was showing it as in my collection. I finally gave up on ever finding it so I repurchased Faro from aerosoft along with more credits. I installed Faro first then I downloaded the credits. I guess it messed up some files in AES having 2 Faro files in AES. I don't know how these things work but AES help did. It led me through the errors and I let AES do the correcting and all is well. Please close this post. Thank you.

• Developer

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

Archived