Free avatars from Simware and Aerosoft

Aerosoft Team

• Aerosoft

As you may know we sometimes run into projects that we think are major cool but that are just not suitable for a commercial release. This was the case with a set of Prepar3D avatars that Christian Bahr send me a while ago.  So in the end we bought the files from him and will make it into a gift to the community and customers of simWare and Aerosoft. A mix between an End-of-year/ Christmas gift and a thanks to all our fine customers who have been buying our products for 25 years.

In case you would not know simware, it is our Belgium daughter company that  handles the French and Belgium market, check them out here:  http://www.simw.com/blog. They are very strong in hardware btw, the manager Cedric is one of the few persons I know why actually knows what works with what.

You can download your copy here: http://freeware.aerosoft.com/forum/downloads/AS_AIRPORT-AVATARS_P3D.zip. It's a very simple installer, no adds, registration or anything.

If you want to check out the manual first: http://freeware.aerosoft.com/forum/downloads/Airport_Avatars_Manual_English.pdf

Mathijs, nice new addition to P3D me but has not yet become entirely clear how you can get to select the right Aviator in senaro with plane,

Greetig,
Vincent 

• Aerosoft

Well, you can select then as an 'aircraft', but if you want them attached to an aircraft, most suitable for the pilot of course,  just use the standard P3d option for it.

Please login to display this image.

• 2 months later...
On ‎08‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 10:02 AM, Mathijs Kok said:

Sorry, FSX will never be able to use this technology, Keep in mind it is a 12 year old application.

Sorry Mathijs, with some intelligence, some french devs did it for free!

17 hours ago, TheBusFlyer said:

Avatar is an exclusive feature in P3Dv3, that's why is not available in FSX (also SE), P3D and P3Dv2

1 hour ago, Walter Almaraz said:

Avatar is an exclusive feature in P3Dv3, that's why is not available in FSX (also SE), P3D and P3Dv2

Maybe, but on another forum, some french devs made this avatar possible in FSX! ;) 

On 8-2-2017 at 9:26 AM, TheBusFlyer said:

Is there any chance to make this FSX compatible? I would love having it...

I didn't find any other working Avatars for FSX....

Thanks!

22 hours ago, TheBusFlyer said:

3 hours ago, TheBusFlyer said:

Maybe, but on another forum, some french devs made this avatar possible in FSX! ;) 

So first you can't find any , then you can , so why the drama ? Why would or should Aerosoft create avatars for FSX in the first place ? You can always visit ORBX and download Bob .

Notice that you don't post a link for these french avatars so that others may " enjoy " them .

2 hours ago, John Glanville said:

So first you can't find any , then you can , so why the drama ? Why would or should Aerosoft create avatars for FSX in the first place ? You can always visit ORBX and download Bob .

Notice that you don't post a link for these french avatars so that others may " enjoy " them .

I was following their work closely, however some people were having problems with it. In the meantime, I posted here but Mathijs told me these avatars were not compatible with FSX. However, it seems these French devs made it work in FSX. Nevertheless, I am not the developer and won't post the link to it (just google Avatar FSX...there are not hundreds of them). Maybe they wanted to keep the testing available for members of that particular French forum? What if they have not finished testing?

Bob is something completely different as it is considered to be a plane itself.

Note: I never asked Aerosoft to make avatars for FSX. My second post was just to let Mathijs know that it was possible to get avatars in FSX (even though it is a 12 years old simulator).

In any case I can only repeat Mathijs statement, Avatars are an Prepar3D exclusive feature.

Whether some frensh Devs created a pack for FSX or not, Avatars are still a feature of P3D and not one of FSX, unless you show me that you can select an Avatar with the same functionality and level of detail in a clean out of the box FSX as you can in P3D.

• Aerosoft

What the French did is not the same as the avatars. They don't fully animate (can't carry and shoot weapons etc) and they don't interface with the sim fully. We are not planning anything like that. 

Let's close the discussion with that.

• 3 months later...
On 13.2.2017 at 02:25, TheBusFlyer sagte:

dear "BusFlyer" don't you think your tone is a bit ... let's say "inappropriate"

On 6/10/2017 at 2:23 AM, data63 said:

dear "BusFlyer" don't you think your tone is a bit ... let's say "inappropriate"

Maybe but maybe not

he could have translated this as  "some bright french developers" and it would have similar dictionary meanings.  Multicultural forums can be prone to misinterpretation,

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all!

To get a better picture of the avatar with "dynamic" flashlight, here is a picture of Airline Pilot Chesley:

Picture: Airline Pilot Chesley from the Airport Avatars Package with "dynamic" flashlight in EDLW

May I ask how to use the flashlight?
I can't find the right instruction in the Manual.
Is there any hot key for flashlight or will it pop up when it's the dark time, because I choose Chesley Avartar but I can't bring flashlight up.
I use the latest version (v1.1), I believe.

On 27/6/2560 at 6:16 PM, mc25141 said:

May I ask how to use the flashlight?
I can't find the right instruction in the Manual.
Is there any hot key for flashlight or will it pop up when it's the dark time, because I choose Chesley Avartar but I can't bring flashlight up.
I use the latest version (v1.1), I believe.

I'm sorry for a silly question. I've found an Avatar with flashlight. His name is "Airport Male Pilot 2".

• 4 weeks later...

Any chance we might see more avatars in the future? These are very cool of course, but other than them there don't seem to be many avatars out there. In general I'm thinking about passengers, so just ordinary people. Various ages and clothing styles, just anybody you could meet everywhere.

• 3 weeks later...
On 28.7.2017 at 19:16, PatrickZ sagte:

Any chance we might see more avatars in the future? These are very cool of course, but other than them there don't seem to be many avatars out there. In general I'm thinking about passengers, so just ordinary people. Various ages and clothing styles, just anybody you could meet everywhere.

Hello Patrick.

Please excuse the very late reply. But I have only read your post now. Your question is very easy to answer because there are already 12 more civil avatars. They are also from me. The package calls Prepar3D Avatars and can be downloaded here:

Bahrometrix Avatars

The package of civil avatars is available for both the P3DV3 and the P3DV4. The P3DV4 version includes an avatar (William) that carries a dynamic flashlight. Thus, this package supports the new technique of dynamic lights in P3DV4. The download itself is very easy, because you do not have to register on the site, the Avatar packages are freely accessible. Hopefully, I do not violate rules in this forum when I set the Avatar Downloadlink here :-)

Freeware: 12 civil avatars

Archived