P3D Crash after frozen or dark lower ECAM caused by FSLSpotlight

Lothar

Usually we here don`t talk and report about competitive products. But in this  case it seems its necessary to do. I got Aerosoft / Airbus -P3D Crash caused by Addon FSLSpotlight from FSLab.

I´m using the both package A318/A319 and A320/A321 in newest version in FSX and P3D.  In September 2106 I bought the FSLabA320X for FSX. So far so good.

But in the meantime we got the P3D Client version up to Version 3.4.14.18870 . With the FSLabA320x comes a free version of FSLabSpotlight. This program is needed for the internal cockpitlights and automatic connected in P3D. The newest version is 1.00.25 and new is a connection with P3D.

Now the problem: If I load any Aerosoft Airbus in P3D its run into fatal error and CTD. Sometimes is the P3D stable but the Lower ECAM is frozen or black and dark. The most time crashed the P3d.

The P3D default aircrafts or other Addon aircrafts i.e. PMDG are not affected.

Without the Spotlight dll`s in P3D the Aerosoft Airbusses running without any problem.

I`ve contacted the FSLAB developer Lefteris Kalamaris, but he cannot confirm my issues.

He wrote in his last post about Aerosoft:

“I can't really have a clue why their code would produce a problem in your particular instance alone - I've tried contacting them about it and they refused to acknowledge the issue anyway... so...”

http://forums.flightsimlabs.com/index.php?/topic/7914-resolved-crashes-on-startup-with-aerosoft-airbus-in-prepar3d-v335/#comment-76758

I`d like to know and ask the Aerosoft Airbus developer how can it be that the FSLabSpotlight dll`s the Aerosoft Airbusses lower ECAM and the entire P3D bring to crash.

I have a GTX760 graphics  card  with newest driver and drive the Aerosoft Busses with "Force ECAM Software Rendering".

One speculation : I `ve installed the A318 Research, but now deinstalled already. Could it be that some debris from this A318 Research are not compatible with the FSLab Spotlight Software ?

I´m looking forward for a solution.

Regards

Lothar

Additional here the error report after that crash:

Name der fehlerhaften Anwendung: Prepar3D.exe, Version: 3.4.14.18870, Zeitstempel: 0x581239e2
Name des fehlerhaften Moduls: D3D10Warp.dll, Version: 6.2.9200.17033, Zeitstempel: 0x539e5cd4
Ausnahmecode: 0xc0000005
Fehleroffset: 0x0013ba66
ID des fehlerhaften Prozesses: 0x1cc0
Startzeit der fehlerhaften Anwendung: 0x01d24a26014c4247
Pfad der fehlerhaften Anwendung: H:\Prepar3D\Prepar3D.exe
Pfad des fehlerhaften Moduls: C:\Windows\system32\D3D10Warp.dll
Berichtskennung: 7af289a6-b619-11e6-b027-94de80af1477

Lothar

• Deputy Sheriffs

The CTD is caused by another application and happens, as your event log shows, far outside or the airbus. It is very unlikely that Aerosoft will be able to help you with this. Especially as you are the only person reporting this problem, while FSL Spotlight is already on the market for quite some time and is being used by Aerosoft colleagues as well without such problems.

I would guess, that the problem is somewhere on your computer, maybe outdated display drivers or something like that. Are you up to date with your Windows updates and graphics board drivers?

Thanks Tom and Otto for answer. Yes, all windows- and driver are up tp date.

Otto, yes I made a system file check with your tipp. I got a result for message of corrupted files wich not repaired automatically by windows. Now I´m standing a little bit "on the tube" and think about a new installation of my system.....mabe FSLab, Lefteris, is able to help.

Lothar 

Please login to display this image.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hello Lothar,

before reinstalling everything you could either take a look into the mentioned log file yourself or post it here. 

I had a CTD with Spotlight and OpusFSX. Installing both means crashes, installing only one works as far as I tested. I contacted both developers and both tell me that they have no explanation. Especially, OpusFSX was quite sure that it's not their fault. I can only guess. But my guess would be a problem with Spotlight. Software problems are sometimes hard to find.

Rene

I have some programms de- and reinstalled. Every default and addon aircrafts like PMDG running in P3D. But when I´m switch to a Aerosoftbus with activ Spotlight dll in P3D path  the lower ECAM remain dark. After switch to another livery the P3D crashed. What about the Softwarecode for the lower ECAM ? This could be the key.

Lothar 

• Deputy Sheriffs

Thats , or some code in Spotlight which in combination with the Airbus core causes the CTD within the external component . 

It would still be interesting to see what that SFC tool had to tell about your system. 

Everything else is nothing else than wild guessing at the moment. 

Hi Tom, you`re right , but I`m overstrained with that. I got a long list but I´m unknown to evaluate. I have installed Visual Studio 2015 Community and try to debugging that error.

The curious thing is, I got the same error on my new laptop with WIN10. Mabe, I assume now,  on both computer i`ve installed the DX10 Fixer for use the A320x in FSX. Maybe its attack DX11 in P3D?

I use the debugger tool and got this info:

'Prepar3D.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'H:\Prepar3D\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft Airbus A320_A321 Base\Panel_Fallback\AirbusXE.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'Prepar3D.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\d3d10warp.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
The thread 0x490 has exited with code 0 (0x0).

Do you understand this ?

Lothar

• Deputy Sheriffs

As the crash happens in a DirectX dll your assumption might be correct. 

PDB files are usually only available to the manufacturer (unless he publishes them). So you can't debug applications you don't have the full source code to. 

Its caused by another D3D11 device for the lower ECAM. FSLab will release a newer FSLSpotlight version # 26 with this bugfix  soon to use with the Aerosoftbusses .

Lothar

In the meantime I got an info from that Aerosoft no another D3D11 device used. Therefore said FSLab:

" The "D3DCreateDevice" call that we were hooking to present the Spotlights User Interface was the reason. I changed the code to be aware that other 3rd party addons might create extra devices and that's why it works now."

Now the Aerosoft Airbusses works fine again in P3D with Spotlight as well. We can close this item.

Lothar

• Deputy Sheriffs

Thanks for the feedback!

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

Archived