Unable to Dock - 777 - gate 402 at LIMJ Genoa.

Rob Ainscough

When I attempt to use SODE to dock Jetway at gate 402 (Heavy) for PMDG 777, I get the following message:

[SODE] JETWAY CONTROL SYSTEM: Unable to dock

Aircraft Door out of Jetway Elevation Range!

Aircraft Door too high for the Jetway (during Dip)!

Aircraft Door too high for the Jetway (during Extension)

Gate 402 is for heavies and does have 777 stop markers.  Tried different gates but they all come up with the same message from SODE.  Any thoughts?

Cheers, Rob.

UPDATE:  I was able to get the Jetways to work with 737.

However, if I enable GSX, the SODE based Jetway will disappear.  Once this happens, if I try to re-enable the SODE jetway (gate 404) my aircraft will then get slewed rapidly into local hills/city several miles away (sorta funny to watch it happen).

I'm running the latest version of SODE v1.4 and the latest Virtuali Add-on manager with P3D V3.4 18870

Thoughts?

Cheers, Rob.

• Aerosoft

Are you sure 777 can dock there in real life? Keep in mind these are not the standard type of docking gates (in fact the first time they have ever been done in FS!)

I have no idea on the GSX issue, perhaps contact the GSX devs about that when we see confirmation on that.

• Developer
vor 4 Stunden , Rob Ainscough sagte:

However, if I enable GSX, the SODE based Jetway will disappear.  Once this happens, if I try to re-enable the SODE jetway (gate 404) my aircraft will then get slewed rapidly into local hills/city several miles away (sorta funny to watch it happen).

Hi Rob,

Did you use the SODE menu window to dock the jetway before? Well, the idea of the SODE-GSX integration was to only use the GSX menu to operate the jetways (only 1 menu to deal with). GSX doesn't know the current state of the jetway but assumes that the gate is not selected. If it was selected before (through SODE's menu) then GSX will nonetheless try to activate that gate. This can result in invalid object IDs and the SimObjects will disappear.

Since the object IDs are still not referencing the proper object internally, SODE or GSX is not able to address them correctly during re-start and the victim is the user-aircraft which gets data those written to it.

So the cure for GSX users is to use the GSX menu to operate the jetways. This will work on any airport that has SODE jetways, be it FSDT or anyone else.

Hope this helps. Rgds,

Jeffrey

Jetway disappearing using GSX when already docked with SODE is a GSX iussue, better command the jetways with GSX menù and for the gate not docking with 777 is a limitation of the type of jetway. I've asked to a pilot flying in LIMJ the bigger plane going to the terminal probably could be a 767. The bigger planes like 777 747 are usually only cargo or some private not parking into the terminal.

• Aerosoft
1 hour ago, Airbus339 said:

For sure they will never park at the gate in real world. Only remote parking positions.

Okay, I will add this to the manual as a 'limitation' that is this solved in the real world by avoiding it, lol.
I will also add the suggestion of Jeffrey (is there anybody who has done more for FSX Scenery in the last year then Jeffrey?)

Thanks for responses, all working good using GSX for jetway trigger.  I'll just remember no 777 for gate operation, it does look like 777s can park at 404 but stop mark puts them far enough back for what I assume would be stair operations.  Docking charts for LIMJ doesn't  really say, just provides wing span clearances for taxiways.

Cheers, Rob.

10 hours ago, 12bPilot said:

So the cure for GSX users is to use the GSX menu to operate the jetways. This will work on any airport that has SODE jetways, be it FSDT or anyone else.

Jeffrey, I tried to use only the GSX menu at gate 402, not the SODE one, but when I click on "Operate jetway(s)" nothing happens and the GSX menu disappears. After a couple of minutes I get the green bar with the message "SODE connection lost". I have SODE 1.4.1.

vor 10 Minuten, ca210270 sagte:

Jeffrey, I tried to use only the GSX menu at gate 402, not the SODE one, but when I click on "Operate jetway(s)" nothing happens and the GSX menu disappears. After a couple of minutes I get the green bar with the message "SODE connection lost". I have SODE 1.4.1.

if 402 is not SODE controlled GSX will not be able to trigger it as it only interfaces with SODE (not with Ctrl-J and not with AES)

10 minutes ago, data63 said:

if 402 is not SODE controlled GSX will not be able to trigger it as it only interfaces with SODE (not with Ctrl-J and not with AES)

It IS SODE controlled, isn't it?

• Developer
On 20.11.2016 at 21:29, ca210270 sagte:

Hi,

Still having this problem at gate 402? I don't own the scenery, so I can't test myself...

You can attach you SODE.log file here, maybe that will give me a hint. Ideally, you can turn on DebugMode=True in the SimObjectDisplayEngine.ini (located at C:\ProgramData\12bPilot\SODE). This will generate even more message in the log.

I have also problems with SODE at LIMJ

Tried a 777 at 402, but also a 737, and now a 737 at Gate 404.

In all cases, SODE refused to work with the reason Rob gave initially.

Of course I have parked exactly at that point the parking system and GSX showed me (one time I had my first time ever the marshaller dancing!!!)

• Developer
vor 18 Minuten, guenseli sagte:

In all cases, SODE refused to work with the reason Rob gave initially.

Exactly the same? ( Aircraft Door out of Jetway Elevation Range )

This message will show up, when the door is too high for the jetway (usually when using large aircraft like the 777 and jetways that are designed for small airplanes).

Or is it a different message? (Misaligned?)

In the latter case, due to the nature of the jetways in LIMJ being fixed to the ground, the door doesn't line up with the jetway bridge axis. I don't know how the developers fine-tuned their docking system, but you can imagine that every aircraft type needs a different stop position so that the door aligns with the jetway axis. I suppose the used docking system only supports one arbitrary stop position.

Also the GSX marshaller will use one generic stop position and that is the one defined in the AFCAD and I guess that stop position is also not tuned to align with the jetway axis. Well, it is difficult because the AFCAD only supports one stop position, but this type of jetway needs multiple different stops depending on the aircraft type (nosewheel to door distance is the crucial thing here).

I don't know if this type of jetway has ever been modelled in FS, but using the "old" docking system (or AFCAD definition) single stop position can only work for one specific aircraft type if correctly set-up by the developer.

Here the 402 with and without GSX with 737 and Airbus stop lines are enough accurate to let you dock without iussue consider that in FSX/P3D is impossible to have a starting point for every kind of aircraft so in departure if you want to dock a non rotating jetway you have to move the plane according to the stop bar. About GSX if jetways are commanded with GSX menu' all is fine but you need to have latest GSX version compatible with SODE that you can download from Fsdreamteam website and install without problems over the old. The GSX marshaller take a stop point from the AFCAD so is only a position correct for a type of plane always refer to stop bars or be sure to be aligned with jetway.

Regards

Please login to display this image.

Archived