Can't select TRANS and VIAS directly anymore

tup61

A while ago I learned that you could select a transition without first having to select a runway. You have to go to the ARRIVAL page, where you will see all available approaches, and then you have to click on the right arrow and you will see all available transitions. Click on that right arrow once more and you will see all via's. This worked for a while but now suddenly it doesn't. Whenever I go to the page with transtitions it is completely empty. Just as the via's page is. So the only way to select a transition is to first select the runway.

Now I use ProATC and it only tells you the transition at one certain point and I have to select it or things may go wrong. It only says which runway to use later on. Now I know how to get the information for the expected runway and all but that's not my point: I simply would like being able to select a transtition directly on the transition page without having to select a runway first. This DID work a while ago so I wonder what has happened and how I can get this option back.

Example, well, today I flew into ENBR and ATC told me the STAR to use is LUNUR2N. So I go to the arrival page, I see all various runways I can choose but click on the arrow right to go directly to the STAR page and it is empty. That's it. I should be able to see all available transitions on that page but there are none. I can only access the STARs if I first select an approach like ILS RWY17.

I understand, the reason is, ENBR has only RNAV STAR´s based on concrete rwy. Before choose, you must also select an rwy (or an rwy based approch) for display the right RNAV STAR.

The same check for EFHK for example.

For EBBR you have multiple STAR (RNAV OVERLAY has no relevance), valid for more Rwy. For this airport the separate chosse of STAR only works.

I´ve check this reason for some airports, with RNAV STAR and STAR (EDDG). The fact is confirmed as.

Frank

Ah, ok, thanks for taking the time to check this out and clearing it up. Much appreciated! That could well be it indeed. Good to know there is nothing wrong with my Airbus. ;) 

Archived